why DR1??

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

frank12

complimenting those you agree with and banning those that oppose your views is not the solution as has been mentioned to you numerous times. The women on DR1 are free to express themselves as they wish as long as they follow the rules. No one is silencing them.

The North Coast forum has a different moderator now.

What is stopping you from getting back to your Cabarete Diaries?

Not sure how you twisted what i said to suggest banning people i disagree with? I disagree with you. I disagree with nearly everything that comes out of the mouth of a few select members on here. I'm not for banning them! I'm for banning exactly what i suggested: Trolls. No need for me to repeat all the points i brought up.

But you bring up another problem on here: instead of addressing the points which i mentioned in sequential order, you instead want to twist it to suggest i want to ban everyone who disagrees with me! Right there lays another problem on here with select moderators. You don't want to address the issue, but instead twist it.

As to your question why i don't post again in Cabarete Diaries? Did you not read the reasons why? Would you post in a thread where people have labeled you a racist? And when i pointed it out to the moderators (something i seldom ever do), they stated the accusation would remain, and it still remains there today. So, I'm sorry, I cannot be posting any more stories. And neither would you under similar circumstances.

Isn't life grand!

Last edited:
W

waytogo

Frank, I promise you, if you would like to restart Cabarete Diaries, nobody will call you a racist......
Post again in NC, many enjoyed your postings, a new dr1 is in the making :)

J

jd426

Frank, no offense..
but i dont think you understand what reality is any more IF you claim you dont want people banned ..
and You practice exactly that on YOUR face book page... Anyone you disagree with, you " wont deal with" , or is that not the case ?
Did you not just say that before ? is that not the same exact thing ?

Even TWITTER has acknowledged that this is NOT the way to do business ..
but then , it is a CLOSED group, so you are perfectly within your RIGHTS to do exactly that ..
100 %

but dont pretend it is not what it is ..
you are insulting our Intelligence .

and I think you ENJOY the power on your FB page ,, Kudos , you claim you have so many people per day applying , you have to turn them away

but on THIS forum which does NOT belong to you

That is not fair .

My Evidence ?
Starting NEW THREADS with NO other Purpose than to RILE up people on emotional Hot Button topics .
topics that have been WELL covered in OTHER threads .. ABSOLUTELY no reason to start a NEW Thread ..

Moderators .. can I get a Calling on this one ??
If I am wrong.. I will take a 6 month Voluntary BAN..

I would be embarrassed to start threads like the ones you have started recently . ( and I believe which led to your temp ban)
You are better than that .

So lets look in the Mirror first , before throwing mud at others ..

E

El Rey de Mangu

Frank, I promise you, if you would like to restart Cabarete Diaries, nobody will call you a racist......

If it was anything like that series of posts from that gringo who married and moved to Villa Mella... those were hilarious

F

frank12

I really would, honestly...I got so many stories about the north coast i could probably fill all the mainframe computers at Google. But those negative accusations that were posted in Cabarete Diaries, and the absolute reluctance of any moderator to delete them, left such a bad taste in my mouth, not even ample amounts of tequila, formaldehyde, and mouth wash could rinse it out.

Not only that, but before my last, recent banning, i tried humor for god knows why--I made a list of people to ban, I.E: Left handed people, Virgos, Libras, people with brown eyes, big hair, etc. but even humor on here is met with complete disdain by so many members. Hence the Trolls.

It's such a sad statement when people have such an empty void in their lives that they detest humor. That's when you know you've reached the bottom.

M

mobrouser

did you address that question to me?

well, in part, here is why. several people, besides myself, have referred to the small group of people who have taken over the site. one poster actually gave them the name ''the usual suspects''.

i have not seen you issue a request to others who stated the same sentiment to make a declaration. when you decide that you might apply the same standards to everybody, i might decide to supply you with a list.

I'm lazy. You were the first to suggest the "10 or so guys" in this thread so I directed it at you. And the others didn't specify a number...

So here you go:

the gorgon, frank 12 and zoomzx11, since you feel that a group of members are "taking over the forums" please feel free to share publicly the names of those who you feel are in this group .

H

Harleysrock

Are you scared by differing opinions or negative comments?

I’m not scared of them but I won’t surround myself around negativity anymore.
I do know that many people are literally scared to post on dr1 and I don’t blame them one bit.
Many people are not on here to help.
I didn’t block you bob bc you actually contribute to help people, it’s the people who I know are not on here to help people that I don’t want to bother with.

F

frank12

Frank, no offense..
but i dont think you understand what reality is any more IF you claim you dont want people banned ..
and You practice exactly that on YOUR face book page... Anyone you disagree with, you " wont deal with" , or is that not the case ?
Did you not just say that before ? is that not the same exact thing ?

Well, here we go again.

Yes, I got some FB groups. A few people here belong to them. There are tons of people i don't agree with. I don't ban them! I only ban someone when they're trolling.

How did you twist that to suggest i ban people i disagree with?

As far as starting a thread by sharing a NYT article, what's wrong with that? How on earth can an article offend you so much? I share articles which i think are educational. Do you see me getting offended when someone else shares an article? Mountain Annie shares lots of articles. Some i agree with, some i don't. I certainly don't get upset when I disagree with them.

F

frank12

I'm lazy. You were the first to suggest the "10 or so guys" in this thread so I directed it at you. And the others didn't specify a number...

So here you go:

the gorgon, frank 12 and zoomzx11, since you feel that a group of members are "taking over the forums" please feel free to share publicly the names of those who you feel are in this group .

I'm not for making a list. I think that is up to moderators to get together and figure out who is trolling and who isn't. That's their decision. It's not mine, nor anyone else's. It should be obvious who is full of negativity and bad behavior and who isn't.

J

jd426

What you call "twisting" ... some of us call Connecting the DOTS...but thank you for clarifying ..

the rest of what you say almost makes sense , but in OT.. a LOT of threads are COMBIMED... a LOT .
I guess for the sake of Simplicity ?

But YOU go out of your way to start NEW ones .. again , even though they would perfectly FIT into an existing thread .

its just an observation, and a fact .. what it means .. the mods can decide ..

I

irishpaddy

I really would, honestly...I got so many stories about the north coast i could probably fill all the mainframe computers at Google. But those negative accusations that were posted in Cabarete Diaries, and the absolute reluctance of any moderator to delete them, left such a bad taste in my mouth, not even ample amounts of tequila, formaldehyde, and mouth wash could rinse it out.

Not only that, but before my last, recent banning, i tried humor for god knows why--I made a list of people to ban, I.E: Left handed people, Virgos, Libras, people with brown eyes, big hair, etc. but even humor on here is met with complete disdain by so many members. Hence the Trolls.

It's such a sad statement when people have such an empty void in their lives that they detest humor. That's when you know you've reached the bottom.

I for one...thoroughly enjoyed reading your stories

F

frank12

What you call "twisting" ... some of us call Connecting the DOTS...but thank you for clarifying ..

the rest of what you say almost makes sense , but in OT.. a LOT of threads are COMBIMED... a LOT .
I guess for the sake of Simplicity ?

But YOU go out of your way to start NEW ones .. again , even though they would perfectly FIT into an existing thread .

its just an observation, and a fact .. what it means .. the mods can decide ..

Ok, great....so you're connecting dots. That's good. but we're still only talking about sharing an article, right? For the love of god, man, how on earth can a NYT article upset your world this much?

How can it upset anyone's world? It's such a bizarre concept to think a newspaper article can disturb or upset people so much.

J

jd426

Ok, great....so you're connecting dots. That's good. but we're still only talking about sharing an article, right? For the love of god, man, how on earth can a NYT article upset your world this much?

How can it upset anyone's world? It's such a bizarre concept to think a newspaper article can disturb people this much.

One more time ... and then i really do not want to be part of this thread any more .
Its NOT the NY times
its NOT the Article ..

its YOU, starting NEW threads , over and over ... doing exactly what you accuse others of
t r o , spell it with me now l l ..... . in .. and a G at the end ..

enjoy your day

F

frank12

I for one...thoroughly enjoyed reading your stories

Thanks Irishpaddy, I still have your shirts!!

I really loved writing the north coast stories--there's so much craziness going on here--and i continued writing them after i left the regular forum. But, like i mentioned, I had to stop sharing them once the haters and negativity set in. I had no choice in the matter.

F

frank12

One more time ... and then i really do not want to be part of this thread any more .
Its NOT the NY times
its NOT the Article ..

its YOU, starting NEW threads , over and over ... doing exactly what you accuse others of
t r o , spell it with me now l l ..... . in .. and a G at the end ..

enjoy your day

Trolling is when you chase a person around different threads, criticizing them, bullying them, or being negative all of the time. Trolling is not sharing articles from NYT.

C

carlos

Not sure how you twisted what i said to suggest banning people i disagree with? I disagree with you. I disagree with nearly everything that comes out of the mouth of a few select members on here. I'm not for banning them! I'm for banning exactly what i suggested: Trolls. No need for me to repeat all the points i brought up.

But you bring up another problem on here: instead of addressing the points which i mentioned in sequential order, you instead want to twist it to suggest i want to ban everyone who disagrees with me! Right there lays another problem on here with select moderators. You don't want to address the issue, but instead twist it.

As to your question why i don't post again in Cabarete Diaries? Did you not read the reasons why? Would you post in a thread where people have labeled you a racist? And when i pointed it out to the moderators (something i seldom ever do), they stated the accusation would remain, and it still remains there today. So, I'm sorry, I cannot be posting any more stories. And neither would you under similar circumstances.

Isn't life grand!

Frank, you are not being honest with yourself.

You seem to be stuck in neutral and I am asking you and Gorgon what we can do to move forward.

In your case, you mentioned the moderator allowed for you to be called a racist. . I told you there is a new north Coast Moderator. Give it another shot. You have WTG as the lead mod there and he has myself, Bronxboy, and AE to assist him shall he ever need it.

I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

J

jd426

Trolling is when you chase a person around different threads, criticizing them, bullying them, or being negative all of the time. Trolling is not sharing articles from NYT.

how would you define THESE Thread Starters then ...

The Making of a Right Wing Radical
The Trolls: Sofa Surfing Cowboys
When We Kill: The Death Penalty
Buying An Assault Rifle with No Background Check!
DR1 is being Destroyed

were all of THESE also about a N Y T Article you were simply sharing ?

honestly frank, sometimes you think you are talking to Idiots .. because you certainly cant be that obtuse to think we have such short memories ..

N

nigrarosa

Frank you were THE most interesting poster on this forum. It is sad that the politics of this site drove you away. The old boys club will always group together.

Status
Not open for further replies.