why DR1??

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

carlos

Frank, no offense..
but i dont think you understand what reality is any more IF you claim you dont want people banned ..
and You practice exactly that on YOUR face book page... Anyone you disagree with, you " wont deal with" , or is that not the case ?
Did you not just say that before ? is that not the same exact thing ?

Even TWITTER has acknowledged that this is NOT the way to do business ..
but then , it is a CLOSED group, so you are perfectly within your RIGHTS to do exactly that ..
100 %

but dont pretend it is not what it is ..
you are insulting our Intelligence .

and I think you ENJOY the power on your FB page ,, Kudos , you claim you have so many people per day applying , you have to turn them away

but on THIS forum which does NOT belong to you

That is not fair .

My Evidence ?
Starting NEW THREADS with NO other Purpose than to RILE up people on emotional Hot Button topics .
topics that have been WELL covered in OTHER threads .. ABSOLUTELY no reason to start a NEW Thread ..

Moderators .. can I get a Calling on this one ??
If I am wrong.. I will take a 6 month Voluntary BAN..

I would be embarrassed to start threads like the ones you have started recently . ( and I believe which led to your temp ban)
You are better than that .

So lets look in the Mirror first , before throwing mud at others ..

bingo! I waited an hour before banning Frank so he can read my reason behind it and also sent him a PM with the reason because I wanted for him to see full transparency.

It's time to look towards the future....

F

frank12

how would you define THESE Thread Starters then ...

The Making of a Right Wing Radical
The Trolls: Sofa Surfing Cowboys
When We Kill: The Death Penalty
Buying An Assault Rifle with No Background Check!
DR1 is being Destroyed

were all of THESE also about a N Y T Article you were simply sharing ?

honestly frank, sometimes you think you are talking to Idiots .. because you certainly cant be that obtuse to think we have such short memories ..

Three of the five are articles. So, yeah, maybe i am dealing with idiots.

F

frank12

bingo! I waited an hour before banning Frank so he can read my reason behind it and also sent him a PM with the reason because I wanted for him to see full transparency.

It's time to look towards the future....

OK, Carlos, you brought it up. Let's address it!

I have no idea why i was banned, and frankly i do not care. I'm busy enough with my own forums. You asked me to read your reasons why, and i have not. And i don't want to. No offense, but anytime someone gets banned for sharing articles or sharing humor--like the list of reasons i posted of who should get banned:

1. Left handed people.
2. Virgos.
3. Libras.
4. People who part their hair wrong

That tells me there is something wrong with the moderation. If i'm getting banned over sharing NYT articles and posting humorous lists, then i don't want to be a part of that group, club, or forum.

So, i'm not interested in the reason why i got banned. What good reason could you possibly give me? My humor is absurd? The educational articles i shared are upsetting to conservatives? Are these your reasons?

Anytime someone criticizes you for being humorous or sharing something educational, that tells you everything you need to know about the mentality you are dealing with.

W

waytogo

Actual number, I never counted but a few, and he also asked other moderators to ban me. Is that enough information for you ?

In 4+ years as an OT Mod, DRob gave you a total of 3 Infractions......

08-20-2017 02:59 PM a 3 pointer
12-06-2017 09:20 AM a 3 pointer
05-04-2018 10:40 AM a 10 pointer, this was reversed

This doesn't seem abnormal for 4+ years, and DRob NEVER asked me to try and ban anyone...

F

frank12

I'd like to add one more mistake some moderators here are making. A moderator Banned Pollogringo. I immediately sought him out. When i found him, i made him a moderator of all three of my forums. What an incredibly humble and intelligent man he is.

A few weeks ago, a guy (i don't want to say his name) posted a fabulous story--complete with photos--of his backpacking trip he did with his girlfriend around the DR. His story and photos was nothing short of fabulous, inspirational, invigorating, and fun. That's the kind of people i want to be around and meet. People came on here and started criticizing him. I immediately sought him out and brought him on board as well.

So, certain members and moderators are running some very incredibly talented and good people off. I'm here collecting them. I don't think some people on here understand or realize what's going on. If they did, there would be a 360 mindset change.

I think Waytogo understands.

B

bob saunders

In 4+ years as an OT Mod, DRob gave you a total of 3 Infractions......

08-20-2017 02:59 PM a 3 pointer
12-06-2017 09:20 AM a 3 pointer
05-04-2018 10:40 AM a 10 pointer, this was reversed

This doesn't seem abnormal for 4+ years, and DRob NEVER asked me to try and ban anyone...

You are not the only moderator, and you had a habit of threatening while showing obvious bias as well. The reversal was because the 10 pointer was obvious bias by DRob. I am not complaining just stating how it appeared to me and many others as well. Not sure why you would be sharing this information.

B

bob saunders

I have no idea why i was banned, and frankly i do not care. I'm busy enough with my own forums. You asked me to read your reasons why, and i have not. And i don't want to. No offense, but anytime someone gets banned for sharing articles or sharing humor--like the list of reasons i posted of who should get banned:

1. Left handed people.
2. Virgos.
3. Libras.

That tells me there is something wrong with the moderation. If i'm getting banned over sharing NYT articles and posting humorous lists, then i don't want to be a part of that group, club, or forum.

So, i'm not interested in the reason why i got banned. What good reason could you possibly give me? My humor is absurd? The educational articles i shared are upsetting to conservatives? Are these your reasons?

Anytime someone criticizes you for being humorous or sharing something educational, that tells you everything you need to know about the mentality you are dealing with.

Because you troll Frank.

X

xstew

Since this seems to be a new start i will consider my infraction and points gone and as the poiticks say here borred and cuinta nueva. Erased and now have a new account. I feel better not having to hide so i don't get banned. Its nice to be back hi everyone !!!!

Last edited:
D

DR_Guy

Does anyone remember the old Dominican Today forum? Now that was a lot of haters and trolling. I miss it. It failed because there was no moderation, just an occasional 30 day ban.

It's the internet. Your going to get all kinds of folks and yes, trolls. But if you get trolled your just as irrelevant.

I see some interesting threads here closed because the moderator feels the topic has been discussed or answered. That's probably over the line. I think the moderators should keep things civil, but not try to sway the conversation by closing or castigating people they don't agree with. IMHO, that's not their job.

W

waytogo

You are not the only moderator, and you had a habit of threatening while showing obvious bias as well. The reversal was because the 10 pointer was obvious bias by DRob. I am not complaining just stating how it appeared to me and many others as well. Not sure why you would be sharing this information.

What is threatening to you ?,.......
Trying to keep some form of civility when informative posts turn into personal disruptive battles......
And bias, that's hilarious, as the OT Mod, I ONLY posted warnings trying to keep things civil.....
Look up my postings, I welcome this for ALL to see.....
Sharing this info breaks no dr1 rules, it just brings out the truth......

R

rfp

What histrionics, people terrorized and afraid ? Frank12 looking for gender equality on the board ? What a bunch of losers and lowlifes !!

C

carlos

1. Left handed people.
2. Virgos.
3. Libras.

You want to address it but say you do not care so there goes that. You mentioned your north coast concerns and still won't budge forward after I let you know what has changed. I mentioned this to you already, either you are part of solution or not.

You posting incendiary and hot button articles over and over slamming religious people, guns, conservatism, about socialized medicine, Trump Bad, Love Hillary!, and all the other points you agree with which to you is not trolling, but someone else *commenting* negatively on those articles is.

The same applies to any conservative who would try to implement your same train of thought.

You have clearly shown no interest in improving DR1. Your above comments are clear. My initial warning still stands. Don't disrupt the main site unless you want a full ban from here.

I don't think we need to discuss this any further. Good luck with your forum.

C

Cdn_Gringo

After #93 how can one not question whether some longtime posters can actually define civility? People behave badly because they can get away with it. I no longer believe users should be banned. I do think that posters who can't help themselves should lose the ability to interject their brand of toxicity into discussions.

Still some useful information pertaining to the DR available to be gleaned on this site from time to time for those who care to wade through the soup to find it. Calling anyone a whiner or a lowlife is a subjective opinion that does nothing to promote civility or advance any discussion.

Mods - you're up, if indeed things are changing...

A

Africaida

I'd like to add one more mistake some moderators here are making. A moderator Banned Pollogringo. I immediately sought him out. When i found him, i made him a moderator of all three of my forums. What an incredibly humble and intelligent man he is.

A few weeks ago, a guy (i don't want to say his name) posted a fabulous story--complete with photos--of his backpacking trip he did with his girlfriend around the DR. His story and photos was nothing short of fabulous, inspirational, invigorating, and fun. That's the kind of people i want to be around and meet. People came on here and started criticizing him. I immediately sought him out and brought him on board as well.

So, certain members and moderators are running some very incredibly talented and good people off. I'm here collecting them. I don't think some people on here understand or realize what's going on. If they did, there would be a 360 mindset change.

I think Waytogo understands.

Pollogringo was the man ! Loved him ! :cheeky:

I use to have a blast on DR1, it s just seems to me that EVERYTHING turns into politics nowadays and/or testorone match. It s annoying as f8ck and difficult to understand. I am one to believe that you can exchange with people with different viewpoints as yours. I have friends that do, we are still friends, we just disagree, end of story, we can have a laugh about many other things.

WTF ? Seen poster threatening people outside of DR1. Like chill, we mostly strangers to each other, aren't we taking things a little too seriously ??

Last edited:
C

carlos

After #93 how can one not question whether some longtime posters can actually define civility? People behave badly because they can get away with it. I no longer believe users should be banned. I do think that posters who can't help themselves should lose the ability to interject their brand of toxicity into discussions.

Still some useful information pertaining to the DR available to be gleaned on this site from time to time for those who care to wade through the soup to find it. Calling anyone a whiner or a lowlife is a subjective opinion that does nothing to promote civility or advance any discussion.

Mods - you're up, if indeed things are changing...

it's his opinion and he will suffer the consequences for it.

H

Harleysrock

Frank12 you are right, it’s seems dr1 has no clue or doesn’t care of how many people refuse to post bc of the same nasty posters.
Does dr1 want to actually improve? We will see I guess with the new changes coming.

L

Luperon

Trainman, please come back and give us an update. We need a some real humor, not a 1000 word post ending with a book plug=== Not humor.

Status
Not open for further replies.