The drought is here to stay - The UN has spoken

E

etolw

Get real guys, a couple days of rain has made you forget the months of drought. When cows are dying of thirst, platanos are at 20-25 pesos a unit, you just know some **** aint working right.
The only crazies screaming " fake news " on global warming are sad selfish 70+ years old. I just hope they go extinct, before they lead the whole world on the extinction path.
Do not confuse global warming with less rain lately in the DR.
Do you have data to support your two :cheeky: claims?

J

jstarebel

Seriously - Dude just admit you were wrong and lost the argument or post worldwide data. You sound like a 4-year old trying to debate

First off, there is no argument. Only no life idiots argue on the internet. We were discussing storm size, intensity, and sea temperatures. You posted something on the number of storms which wasn't being discussed. All of the posted Information is available on many weather websites. Go see for yourself and try to keep up next time..

E

etolw

The only crazies screaming " fake news " on global warming are sad selfish 70+ years old. I just hope they go extinct, before they lead the whole world on the extinction path.
If you’re so concerned, you should kill yourself.:lick:
Actually, it would be better for the climate to start with the young ones. Population and climate change are directly linked. Every additional person increases carbon emissions — the rich more than the poor — and increases the number of climate change victims – the poor more than the rich.

What about eating a plant-based diet, living car-free, avoiding flying and having one fewer child. The biggest impact choice of these? Having one fewer child, which would save 58.6 tonnes of carbon per year. The next most effective was living car-free for a year, which would save 2.4 tonnes.

I myself believe in adapting to change, condoms may be a part of the solution:laugh:

C

chico bill

If you’re so concerned, you should kill yourself.:lick:
Actually, it would be better for the climate to start with the young ones. Population and climate change are directly linked. Every additional person increases carbon emissions — the rich more than the poor — and increases the number of climate change victims – the poor more than the rich.

What about eating a plant-based diet, living car-free, avoiding flying and having one fewer child. The biggest impact choice of these? Having one fewer child, which would save 58.6 tonnes of carbon per year. The next most effective was living car-free for a year, which would save 2.4 tonnes.

I myself believe in adapting to change, condoms may be a part of the solution:laugh:

What I find as striking is the same people who say Global Warming is the biggest threat to America say we also need Open Borders ?
So pollution will increase, carbon emissions will increase and people who were once agrarian and almost non-mobile will obtain cars, AC, need furnaces or wood-stoves after moving to colder climates.

Yes 1.4 million illegals annually is a lot of pressure on the ecosystem - but never mind that perhaps they can increase abortions to offset immigration ? - Kind of like carbon credits. Maybe Al Gore could sell abortion credits

S

Son of a sailor

It's been really bad these past few years, ever since that 6 week deluge in 2015 (or 16?), everything is dead. brown is not a good color for the all the vegetation about. I hope we get back to normal soon and stay that way.

B

bob saunders

It's been really bad these past few years, ever since that 6 week deluge in 2015 (or 16?), everything is dead. brown is not a good color for the all the vegetation about. I hope we get back to normal soon and stay that way.

Where is this brown area?

S

Son of a sailor

North coast (kinda inland a bit) Luperon / estretcha area.
rain storms avoid this area for some reason

M

melphis

Get real guys, a couple days of rain has made you forget the months of drought. When cows are dying of thirst, platanos are at 20-25 pesos a unit, you just know some **** aint working right.

Ms Malko
Before you go running around in hysterics wishing death to seniors there are a few things you should know. The term Global Warming was a misconception that the globe is warming. FYI it is not. The climate is changing but not warming throughout the globe.

As an example this weekend Northern Montana and Southern Alberta received upwards of 100 CM of snow (40 inches). That is a new record. Also where I am currently sitting in western Canada the highest ever recorded temperature was 99F or 37C which was in 1937. 82 years ago. Based on what I just pointed out, anyone that still hangs onto the term "Global Warming" either cannot accept the truth or is just plain stupid.

The world and its climate are certainly changing. It has and will continue to affect us all if we do not change how we do things. I don't have all the answers but one thing I know for a fact is that running around with false facts and wishing that seniors die is not helping to correct things. The more hysteria that is thrown into this will just make more people ignore it and blame it on fake news. Real facts from experts, not today's media child will get more results.

W

windeguy

The climate change is going to affect us all. People are not going to change things other than by continuously growing the population.

C

chico bill

Yes climate is changing - and it has since Adam cut the first f*rt in the Garden of Eden. So that is nothing new, nor remarkable

M

melphis

Yes climate is changing - and it has since Adam cut the first f*rt in the Garden of Eden. So that is nothing new, nor remarkable

Also,lets not forget that there was no proper recycling receptacle for the apple core

J

Juan Bosch

It has rained for 12-13 consecutive days here in Santiago starting around 4 PM...some late afternoons really heavy...

Last edited:
S

Son of a sailor

Have you ever been in a desert?

Kinda, drove thru some dry looking places on the way to Arizona. but no, never set foot in the Sahara or the Antarctic.
why? do you like the desert? if that's a yes, come on up north! bring some rain with you if you can.