Read Chiri's blog!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Absolutely right. I think once it looked like one or the other would be making the move, the decision became that much easier all round.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Absolutely right. I think once it looked like one or the other would be making the move, the decision became that much easier all round.

Good fortune to all of you. Will we need visas to travel to the RPC?

When I read the first line of your blog entry, I've dropped a couple of subtle hints about this in the last few weeks, and can finally reveal the big news that Familia C is leaving Santo Domingo, I thought for a second in the future we might be reading blog entries like In September the dust storms in this part of Mongolia are almost biblical.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Now is when you two (Chiri & PIB) are going to become spoiled beyond belief! :cheeky:

Give this move some serious thought, because once you move to PC, there is no turning back! Ha ha ha!

Enjoy your new home.

Its the DR as it was meant to be...

-NALs

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Now is when you two (Chiri & PIB) are going to become spoiled beyond belief! :cheeky:

Give this move some serious thought, because once you move to PC, there is no turning back! Ha ha ha!

Enjoy your new home.

Its the DR as it was meant to be...

-NALs
Most people we've spoken to who are already living there have said that. They start off thinking they'll visit the capital once a month to stock up on essentials, and before they know it months have gone past and they haven't felt the need.

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Oh, Chiri...now for REAL you're living MY life!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I LOVE PUNTA CANA...would love to own my beach house there one of these days...maybe we'll end up being neighbors!!!

Congrats, again!!!!!

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Chiri, I bought this cheap one to do a test, $18 pesos for a small bag in El
Pola, and it does turn black, so adios Linda??
Sal Marina
Productos Sanchez
100% rafinada
Contiene: Cloruro de sodio, Yodado de potasio, Gel de sillico (eh..is that good?)

juancarlos

Bronze
Sep 28, 2003
Chirimoya, I love your Flickr pictures. Your house is full of light and evrything looks nice. I also saw your son delivering supplies to the storm victims. Congratulations!

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
What a great and well written account of what sounds like a truly fantastic event . Part of me is a tad envious lol;) that you got to listen to this remarkable writer "live".
Thanks for sharing this experience with us.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Thanks drloca, I was looking forward to the event and it didn't disappoint.

It's also a relief to hear that this particular blog entry came across as well written! I was planning to do some more work on it but when Dolores asked me to let her link to it from the news, I rushed it through.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Not just well written, very well written. I'd have actually preferred it if your blog entry had been the news item because you encapsulate the feel of the event so well.............and of your own timidity in meeting Junot Diaz.;) Sounds like he speaks as he writes. Great stuff!