Full Full flight and airport

el justo

Mar 6, 2020
Yesterday I flew into Santo Domingo on a full flight Jet Blue. The airport was so crowded that the people waiting t0 greet and pick up was about 4 deep. In my opinion the line for visitors in immigrations was twice the size as "residents". For SDQ I think that is very positive.
The storm before the calm. Worldwide travel has decreased by 50% due to the corona virus. Airlines have started cost cutting to try and survive. Airports will be empty even here in the DR. So long as they keep a few staff on lines should not exist at immigration. if you are in the tourism industry you’ll be wishing for those lines back! Struggling hotels in the DR will be forced to close. Record unemployment for the DR. Even if an immunization was developed tomorrow the affects of this event will be long felt. similar to 9/11 where the world changed forever this too will change us forever because this is after all how we all are supposed to die according to the Bible. This is just one of thousands of viruses existing in soil and animals just waiting to cross into humans. And unless we learn to follow Scientific based direction to keep us and everyone safe (somebody muzzle trump) we will be wiped out. People with direct travel bans from hotspot countries have flown to third countries to bypass travel bans. Unknowing in most cases that some were infected. and so the spread continues. Selfish right? Don’t get me started on those parents that refuse to protect their and all children by not immunizing from diseases we have preventatives for. We are our own worst enemies it appears. Batten down the hatches and hold the gate steady for the calm is coming!

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Well, that was an interesting first post.

alexw

Gold
Sep 6, 2008
NYC-SDQ BABY!
The storm before the calm. Worldwide travel has decreased by 50% due to the corona virus. Airlines have started cost cutting to try and survive. Airports will be empty even here in the DR. So long as they keep a few staff on lines should not exist at immigration. if you are in the tourism industry you’ll be wishing for those lines back! Struggling hotels in the DR will be forced to close. Record unemployment for the DR. Even if an immunization was developed tomorrow the affects of this event will be long felt. similar to 9/11 where the world changed forever this too will change us forever because this is after all how we all are supposed to die according to the Bible. This is just one of thousands of viruses existing in soil and animals just waiting to cross into humans. And unless we learn to follow Scientific based direction to keep us and everyone safe (somebody muzzle trump) we will be wiped out. People with direct travel bans from hotspot countries have flown to third countries to bypass travel bans. Unknowing in most cases that some were infected. and so the spread continues. Selfish right? Don’t get me started on those parents that refuse to protect their and all children by not immunizing from diseases we have preventatives for. We are our own worst enemies it appears. Batten down the hatches and hold the gate steady for the calm is coming!

The sky is falling! THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!

Tom0910

Sep 28, 2015
A friend came in today from Toronto on Westjet and he said there were 20 people on the plane.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
What was your old DR1 handle?

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Well, that was an interesting first post.

I am amazed about how MANY scientist, doctors, infectious disease professional received their degrees in the PAST TWO WEEKS. Oh, how I wish now that I would have listened to mami and put down my comic books and put my nose into the study of corona viruses. Oh, well. I guess I'll just listen to the experts and soothsayers.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
A friend came in today from Toronto on Westjet and he said there were 20 people on the plane.

HMMMMM, hope they didn't pay for "extra leg room seats". Soooo, what's your point? Is that the basis of a strong opinion you might have on the world situation? Let it rip!

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
That’s because last time west jet flies into DR is Sunday for 30 days they self banned international flights...

el justo

Mar 6, 2020
I am amazed about how MANY scientist, doctors, infectious disease professional received their degrees in the PAST TWO WEEKS. Oh, how I wish now that I would have listened to mami and put down my comic books and put my nose into the study of corona viruses. Oh, well. I guess I'll just listen to the experts and soothsayers.
Good move listening to experts, I told you so. Boom. Drop the mic, mike.