states. I am talking about the people
down here, as I have been talking to
people down here for months and no
one seems to know anyone who contracted
or died from Covid down here in the DR.
Yesterday I asked a Red Cross ambulance
nurse (Santiago) who lives in my neighborhood
if he has transported anyone to the hospital sick
with Covid and to my surprise he said no.

Well, on March 16th I spent the whole day with a business partner who spent the day before with a coronel who died of COVID19, and with another coronel few days before that, who also died of COVID19 ***. My friend is part-time military and he does DJ/lighting during military game days. The news about Cor. Hache broke during my return to Higuey the night of March 16. We both spent some very stressful 7 days after that, my friend has had some stomach bugs for several days, on my side I developed 37.5 grade temperature 2 days later, some hot flashes, few feeling-tired afternoons, and one day of frequent sneezing. While cold symptoms disappeared with about 7 days, 37.5 temperature came and went several times over the following 3 weeks (usally for few hours), as well as two half-day-long sore throats and some sneezing days. I kept drinking my ginger/lemon/onion/garlic/cinnamon boiled infusions. Another person who spent that day with us came down with more serious flu-like symptomps, somewhat more severe than the two of us. Did we all have contracted COVID-19 from the two coronels through our business partner? Nobody will ever know, as nobody has tested us. Maybe if they make antibodies tests available we will go get checked that.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Well, on March 16th I spent the whole day with a business partner who spent the day before with a coronel who died of COVID19, and with another coronel few days before that, who also died of COVID19 ***. My friend is part-time military and he does DJ/lighting during military game days. The news about Cor. Hache broke during my return to Higuey the night of March 16. We both spent some very stressful 7 days after that, my friend has had some stomach bugs for several days, on my side I developed 37.5 grade temperature 2 days later, some hot flashes, few feeling-tired afternoons, and one day of frequent sneezing. While cold symptoms disappeared with about 7 days, 37.5 temperature came and went several times over the following 3 weeks (usally for few hours), as well as two half-day-long sore throats and some sneezing days. I kept drinking my ginger/lemon/onion/garlic/cinnamon boiled infusions. Another person who spent that day with us came down with more serious flu-like symptomps, somewhat more severe than the two of us. Did we all have contracted COVID-19 from the two coronels through our business partner? Nobody will ever know, as nobody has tested us. Maybe if they make antibodies tests available we will go get checked that.

Leaves us with more questions than
answers. I had influenza in back in Feb,
contracted it frome one of my neighbors.
All of my systems matched the china virus
except for the difficult breathing and thank god we didn't have to shut down the entire global economy because I came down with the flu for a couple of days.

Son of a sailor

Sep 30, 2019

holy crap!
those infusion drinks sound like they taste terrible, glad they worked for you though!

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
The examples provided above were 2/12 to 3 months ago. I am happy for those who have recovered, but it is now time to get back to work for all.

jsaladin

Apr 4, 2020
REPORT#65

Hello, community, thank you very much for your comments. Here you will find the report # 65 updated on 6/3, to consult click here.

If you wish to receive this report periodically in your email, please fill out this form (click here) and I will add it to the mailing list.

I hope you all are doing well.

Best regards,

Juan Saladín
Quality Manager at Guzmán Ariza

Reactions: danduva and Caonabo

jsaladin

Apr 4, 2020
REPORT#66

Hello, community, thank you very much for your comments. Here you will find the report # 66 updated on 6/4, to consult click here.

If you wish to receive this report periodically in your email, please fill out this form (click here) and I will add it to the mailing list.

Best regards,

Juan Saladín

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
REPORT#66

Hello, community, thank you very much for your comments. Here you will find the report # 66 updated on 6/4, to consult click here.

Best regards,

Juan Saladín
Thank you Sr.Saladin. You analysis are interesting and always appreciated.

jsaladin

Apr 4, 2020
REPORT#68

Hello, community, thank you very much for your comments. Here you will find the report # 68 updated on 6/6, to consult click here.

You can also download the full report of the provinces that border Haiti, to download the report click here.

Best regards,

Juan Saladín

jsaladin

Apr 4, 2020
REPORT#69

Hello, community, thank you very much for your comments. Here you will find the report # 69 updated on 6/8, to consult click here.

You can also download the full report of the provinces that border Haiti, to download the report click here.

Best regards,

Juan Saladín

jsaladin

Apr 4, 2020
REPORT#70

Hello, community, thank you very much for your comments. Here you will find the report # 70 updated on 6/9, to consult click here.

Best regards,

Juan Saladín

Reactions: Caonabo and danduva

jsaladin

Apr 4, 2020
REPORT#72

Hello, community, thank you very much for your comments. Here you will find the report # 72 updated on 6/11, to consult click here.

Best regards,

Juan Saladín

jsaladin

Apr 4, 2020
REPORT#73

Hello, community, thank you very much for your comments. Here you will find the report # 73 updated on 6/12, to consult click here.

Best regards,

Juan Saladín

CaribeDigital

Sep 5, 2014
REPORT#73

Hello, community, thank you very much for your comments. Here you will find the report # 73 updated on 6/12, to consult click here.

Best regards,

Juan Saladín

CaribeDigital

Sep 5, 2014
Gracias for all the nice graphics, Juan.
Do you have any data which would split the daily stats by municpio? Ministerio de Salud has this information, because they ask the tested persons about the address. But they are hiding it from the general public - us!
People want to know the situation close to their homes, not some aggregate values.

Reactions: jsaladin

austriaco

Mar 16, 2020
REPORT#73

Best regards,

Juan Saladín
Excellent reports, what a pity they dont do enough tests.

The most important part of you statistics because of the lack of testing is the tasa de positividad. Its going up. This is a bad sign. The number of undedected cases is growing. Add growing detected and clearly growing undetected cases and they should lock down more not open. And do daily 10000 tests. At least.

Reactions: jsaladin

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Most definitely...... and watch the death rate spike in a few weeks

Big mistake - biggest mistake was overestimating the obedience of the general public

there is no -...1-2-3-4 phase for them
Phase 1 is wide open by their thinking and actions

Reactions: aarhus and jsaladin

jsaladin

Apr 4, 2020
Gracias for all the nice graphics, Juan.
Do you have any data which would split the daily stats by municpio? Ministerio de Salud has this information, because they ask the tested persons about the address. But they are hiding it from the general public - us!
People want to know the situation close to their homes, not some aggregate values.

Hi, no. Unfortunately the information is not yet segregated by Municipios, and it is the most important thing in this phase that we are in. The cases are increasing and every day we must take care of ourselves more.

Status
Not open for further replies.