When will DR open for International travel??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

GusFring

Apr 15, 2020
You know to know when? Spain has just opened for international travel.

With 334 new cases yesterday, against 889 in the DR. With population 4 times as big.
Spain has 7 new cases per 1 000 000 inhabitants. DR has 84.
And Spain is not stupid. They needed badly those tourists. But were prudent enough to wait until the graph started to show a clear slide.
Telling post and stats. Very discouraging pursuant to "light at the end of the tunnel" comment. I am afraid what has been prognosticated on our forums is coming true.

Too bad the Covid deniars are not right. Open up the country to stop the economic collapse only to get whip-sawed in the mouth by Covid-19. It's a lose lose.

Island Treats

Sep 5, 2003
SOSUALIVING.COM
So I just talk to a friend of mine who is a United States citizen and a legal resident of the Dominican. Him and his wife have been stuck in the states for the past couple months and have been waiting for a chance to fly back. They were just allowed back in a few days ago through a chartered plane service the Dominican government has arranged with Spirit Airlines. They had to submit their information to the local Consulate office and then when they got the call to buy their ticket they had to do it immediately and fly out of Miami. They also had to be tested for Covid before they left and to bring the results with them. Once they arrived in the Dominican they were checked physically and then they had to sign an agreement to be in quarantine for two weeks in their home in Jarabacoa. He told me when he arrived down there he asked about future flights with residents and he was told July 1 would be the date Others can fly in without all the hassle he had to go through
What credentials does this person have? Was it the janitor or the airline administrator who gave him the opening date?🧐

Reactions: Caonabo

Tonchi

Nov 17, 2015
9 people under 20 have died, 45 people died that are in their 20’s, 190 deaths of people in their 30’s, 413 deaths for people in their 40’s in United States.....very scary numbers!!!!! With numbers this big we should all be cowering inside our homes! I’m not going to drive anymore because the ods are much higher I’ll die in a car crash! People just just read the stats on car crashes! All about me, me, me I got places to go!
The 45 in their 20's that died were all at the Ozarks pool party I think...

Tonchi

Nov 17, 2015
You know to know when? Spain has just opened for international travel.

With 334 new cases yesterday, against 889 in the DR. With population 4 times as big.
Spain has 7 new cases per 1 000 000 inhabitants. DR has 84.
And Spain is not stupid. They needed badly those tourists. But were prudent enough to wait until the graph started to show a clear slide.
The beaches in Spain are as nice as Punta Cana.... Its all about the $$$$$.. Spain is going to get those 1st reservations. Its all political and money.

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
Santo Domingo.- With the approval of the operating protocol for the tourism sector, the country would receive between 60,000 and 100,000 tourists in July, said Dominican Republic Hotels and Tourism Association (Asonahores) vice president Andrés Marranzini.

He noted however that the sector will need a little more help, after assuring that it is very likely that it will not be 100% operational capacity beyond 2020.

Marranzini stressed that the estimated time for recovery is between 13 and 18 months and explained that 2021 would have to pass to recover the numbers close to 2018, which were the last best historical numbers for tourism in the country.

The Asonahores executive added that the entry of foreign visitors does not make a difference from the point of view of the risk of contagion from COVID-19.

Not sure I agree with the statement that there is no risk from foreign visitors, that depends on the state of epidemic in those countries. Any local person involved in the service industry is very much at risk

Brendan Hubley

Dame luz vecino
Apr 30, 2020
Canada / Villa Liberacion
Santo Domingo.- With the approval of the operating protocol for the tourism sector, the country would receive between 60,000 and 100,000 tourists in July, said Dominican Republic Hotels and Tourism Association (Asonahores) vice president Andrés Marranzini.

He noted however that the sector will need a little more help, after assuring that it is very likely that it will not be 100% operational capacity beyond 2020.

Marranzini stressed that the estimated time for recovery is between 13 and 18 months and explained that 2021 would have to pass to recover the numbers close to 2018, which were the last best historical numbers for tourism in the country.

The Asonahores executive added that the entry of foreign visitors does not make a difference from the point of view of the risk of contagion from COVID-19.

Not sure I agree with the statement that there is no risk from foreign visitors, that depends on the state of epidemic in those countries. Any local person involved in the service industry is very much at risk
I agree they are at some risk, as we all are no matter what we do, however I suspect the hotel/resort staff are more at risk from their neighbors in the over-crowded tenement they live in and the lack of adherence to the protocols.

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
I agree they are at some risk, as we all are no matter what we do, however I suspect the hotel/resort staff are more at risk from their neighbors in the over-crowded tenement they live in and the lack of adherence to the protocols.
But there is probably less virus in the crowded tenement in the Republica Dominicana than there is in the visiting tourists country, that was my point, especially if they are coming from the north if you know what I mean, they are in a mess

Status
Not open for further replies.