Refused entry

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
You can't travel with minors unless your carrying that letter of authorization as it has been the case in so many kidnappings. This is fairly common knowledge in most countries with more and more divorces. ( I think?)

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I wonder if anybody here (RD) put you on the 'stink list'

A well placed complaint can keep you from leaving - or entering....
valid complaint or not.... just a complaint

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
You can't travel with minors unless your carrying that letter of authorization as it has been the case in so many kidnappings. This is fairly common knowledge in most countries with more and more divorces. ( I think?)
It is probably related to this.
If a child (under the age of 18) is traveling with only one parent or with someone who is not a parent or legal guardian, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) strongly recommends that the accompanying adult have a note from the non-traveling parent (or, in the case of a child traveling with neither parent, a note signed by both parents) stating “I acknowledge that my wife/husband/etc. is traveling out of the country with my son/daughter/group. He/She/They has/have my/our permission to do so.”

Chris S.

Island Love
Jul 23, 2020
Pitcairn Island
Sorry but in Europe this is not common, I can travel anywhere with them without a letter of authorization. In the USA it is and in South Africa, and as it seems in the DR

Chris S.

Island Love
Jul 23, 2020
Pitcairn Island
It is probably related to this.
If a child (under the age of 18) is traveling with only one parent or with someone who is not a parent or legal guardian, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) strongly recommends that the accompanying adult have a note from the non-traveling parent (or, in the case of a child traveling with neither parent, a note signed by both parents) stating “I acknowledge that my wife/husband/etc. is traveling out of the country with my son/daughter/group. He/She/They has/have my/our permission to do so.”
thank you for sharing this

Reactions: KyleMackey

Joseph NY2STI

Mar 22, 2020
You mentioned that both your children are U.S. citizens. Are you as well? Their mother? Did immigration ask you for an affidavit?
What airline did you fly in and out on? What flight number numbres? I have a friend at STI who may be able to get info. No promises.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
No actually I actually don’t know anyone who has been in trouble me included 25 yrs of overstaying ...I even for shits and giggles posted my online journey to extend ,which is easy peezy now.. come on Caonabo something here doesn’t smell right confiscated phones gave to airline attendants passports given back on return by police...

Again, you are failing to catch on to my droll sarcasm.
I was joking about the 30 day bit.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Just how hard did you try to get an explanation? I'm having a hard time believing that they didn't give you a reason - not that they have to.

Reactions: Garyexpat

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
Perhaps he stayed past 30 days while he was here in March.
We all know how much trouble a person can get into for overstaying a 30 day tourist card.
It has been said. I read it here.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Caonabo don't start that farce again.

• Haha
Reactions: Caonabo

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
As I was a little freaked out I really was not paying much attention to anyone else from our flight. They just took the passports, and gave it back to us the next day when we boarded the flight back. Cellphones, tablets, laptops were not confiscated.
And they never gave you a reason for the refusal.

CaribeDigital

Sep 5, 2014
Extremely unpleasant situation. Border agent did what he was told and probably did not know the full picture himself.
A lie (in your case not knowing a contact number) is a very common occurrence in the DR in any client contact situation.

A typical case: you are supposed to bring a letter and a copy of your cedula. Incompetent service agents will refuse the letter saying the signature does not match the cedula. Tomorrow you will be served by another agent. The most frequet lie I have encountered in the DR.

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
last time I stayed longer than 30 days was back in 2016, stayed for two months. I can't image them catching up on this four years later?
The last time I overstayed was last year, before that was the year before and the year before for the last 14 years. Some years I overstayed more than a year. I am not bragging but would like to put this inane train of thought to bed before we have 1000 MORE posts on it.
YES, one day things will change, but that day has not yet come. Maybe the Wuhan virus will speed it up, who knows? Surely no one on this site.

Reactions: aarhus

Big

Apr 24, 2019
reminds me of a time 10+ years ago they searched my bags coming into New York from East Africa. I asked the immigration officer as to why they were interested in searching my bags and without even batting an eye or showing an ounce of concern he said "because we can". He let me know in no uncertain terms that I was not going to question him. I am sure some clowns would ask "let me see your supervisor", all that would do is make you miss your connecting flight.

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
I am confused about the "child abuse part"

like many terms today it is over used and demeans the meaning. Making kids sleep anywhere in an airport, except maybe an active runway, is NOT child abuse.