Refused entry

Sep 22, 2009
I do my best work in the morning....

Your experience does not guarantee others will be stopped. That letter could certainly be needed on your next trip.
I'll make this quick Winded. You can hum a few bars meantime. I haven't traveled since 2008 because I work, very hard and am not rich. I do know of 2 cases in my business network of denied access to long time abusers.

No one said it's guaranteed. Has it happened, yes.

I normally do interviews after business hours Winded, but hopefully this tid bit will satisfy your chisme quota for now.

Make it a great day!

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Yes you can. I enter the DR last month and every year with my mynor children,(American citizens) no letter of any kind. Husband usually travels on a different date.
Thank you I stand corrected. Good to know.

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
A letter is recommended but not required. It doesn’t make sense that they didn’t just ask for the letter. The official in Glasgow thanked me for providing it and said most people don’t.

I still maintain that you fit some sort of description and they had to make sure you and your kids weren’t who they were looking for. It could have been from anywhere in Europe and they had to rule you out. Weird that they actually sent you back to Madrid, but I’d chalk it up to some abduction case.

Andre14615

Banned
May 31, 2019
You guys are being trolled again lol. Its probably our dear friend, Mr. Stein. Oh well keep at it.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Lots of good info for travelers anyway

Thank you Mr Stein and Mr Dubois

Dubois ?
any relation to Miss Dubois ?
from the Great Race .....

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I was refused entry one time.
Yep, you heard me correct.
I was refused entry to Lovera
in Santiago one evening for
trying to enter the establishment
piss drunk while wearing flip flops.

Reactions: aarhus

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
I was refused entry one time.
Yep, you heard me correct.
I was refused entry to Lovera
in Santiago one evening for
trying to enter the establishment
piss drunk while wearing flip flops.
that was you with the Hawaiian shirt....

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I'll make this quick Winded. You can hum a few bars meantime. I haven't traveled since 2008 because I work, very hard and am not rich. I do know of 2 cases in my business network of denied access to long time abusers.

I normally do interviews after business hours Winded, but hopefully this tid bit will satisfy your chisme quota for now.

Make it a great day!
No one will believe you.

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008

Make it a great day!
I am not sure but I think there is also an international immigration thing going on. Traveling back and forth and being a visitor everywhere was fun but could flag you. I have heard of Americans returning from Europe where they overstayed and then asked why they overstayed in Europe.

Sep 22, 2009
I am not sure but I think there is also an international immigration thing going on. Traveling back and forth and being a visitor everywhere was fun but could flag you. I have heard of Americans returning from Europe where they overstayed and then asked why they overstayed in Europe.
We know your destination is going to question you if you have been in non home country for extended periods of time esp if you are trying to re-enter a non home country if you are not a resident or national. I mentioned my Zurich hop in 07. The were on me like flies on shite when I got to Sprüngli town.

Reactions: aarhus

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
I used to travel a lot pre covid and would get secondarily screened about half the time when returning home. Their first question is always "is that all you got"?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
As for the EU, I have no doubt about them denying people who overstayed re-entry.

When my wife renewed her US 10 year visitors visa at the US embassy in Santo Domingo, there was a woman in front of her where the agent spoke very loudly to her and said, " Four months in the US is not a vacation, it is an abuse of this visa, your renewal is denied".. There were a number of other denials for visa renewals that she noticed as well when hers was approved.

But as for overstays in the DR, nobody will believe anyone ever that they were denied simply for previous overstays no matter how long or how many overstays they had. They will require scientific peer reviewed evidence of such denials.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
We know your destination is going to question you if you have been in non home country for extended periods of time esp if you are trying to re-enter a non home country if you are not a resident or national. I mentioned my Zurich hop in 07. The were on me like flies on shite when I got to Sprüngli town.
I have never been pulled aside. Not even after being in the DR for several years without returning to the US and then re-entering the US.