2020 Hurricane Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andre14615

Banned
May 31, 2019
Honestly folks, as I predicted, just not as intense as all the hype. Which should have been evident by the loose, fuzzy data. Some of the videos look like they were from Maria.
its a little too early to be celebrating. wait until it passes and then this will be one hell of a great post

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
I , don't know how to apologize for being so wrong.

Our Patio furniture is gone. Our Solar system is gone. Street power is gone. Our generator crapped out. I'm on last battery. Maria was not this bad. And by looks, we are only half way through this.

Reactions: Harleysrock

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008

Our Patio furniture is gone. Our Solar system is gone. Street power is gone. Our generator crapped out. I'm on last battery. Maria was not this bad. And by looks, we are only half way through this.
Where are you located ? I am in Las Terrenas and its getting pretty bad now

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Light rain in Santo Domingo. Julieta mid town area.

NHC reports at 5pm: MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...999 MB...29.50 INCHES

It is dropping.

Agree to me this is worse than Maria. I haven’t seen my beach house yet will go tomorrow but I was at the same house I was in when Maria hit and more damage here this time. Going to assume it will be bad at my beach house In GH...

Sep 22, 2009
Agree to me this is worse than Maria. I haven’t seen my beach house yet will go tomorrow but I was at the same house I was in when Maria hit and more damage here this time. Going to assume it will be bad at my beach house In GH...
I do not agree. Maria I was in Cab and tried to walk to the colmado and was knocked down by gusts. Tin roofs ripped off every where. I have been in almost a direct hit here today and the winds were gusty at times but nothing like Maria. Maria had tremendous rainfall. Here it is raining steady with some thunder but we are not flooded. The gusts stopped hours ago. Strong breezes yes.

I would add that PC and La Romana are said to have had it worse. When Cao checks in, we can find out

Natu

Jan 20, 2013
its a little too early to be celebrating. wait until it passes and then this will be one hell of a great post
I doubt anything will happen here in Santo Domingo.

Show is over folks, this storm is just another overhyped by the media no show just like all the other ones. The south (Azua, Baní) did not get the much needed rain, unfortunately. I was in the area yesterday and its looking more and more like a legit desert and less like a typical caribbean semi arid forest. I've never in my life seen it so dry and the rivers are basically extint.

Reactions: El Rey de Mangu
Sep 22, 2009
I doubt anything will happen here in Santo Domingo.

Show is over folks, this storm is just another overhyped by the media no show just like all the other ones. The south (Azua, Baní) did not get the much needed rain, unfortunately. I was in the area yesterday and its looking more and more like a legit desert and less like a typical caribbean semi arid forest. I've never in my life seen it so dry and the rivers are basically extint.
I agree as per my above comment. Maybe more to come but any agressive stuff is over with. The storm's loose configuration has spared us, basically. A member who resigned from the forum yesterday has painted a Sandy and Katrina scale picture of what has happened to his home. Power outages do not a storm make, esp in places like Cab and Cabrera where the power is out when someone sneezes. Just like our covid threads, the drama queens are there.

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
I find it interesting that Santo Domingo almost always gets spared the worst from hurricanes. There is a reason that the city has survived so well historically.

Reactions: Natu
Status
Not open for further replies.