Coronavirus - In the DR

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDNBear

Banned
Sep 29, 2020
Cabarete
It's all staged and political. To be able to track our movements through technology.

Soon we won't be able to travel without a proof of COVID vaccine.
I wouldn't worry DR tracking me, at least before the technology here improves so all can have stable electricity. :LOL:

Seriously, I will defer further comments.
This is covid in the DR thread, not mumbo jumboo_O

CDNBear

Banned
Sep 29, 2020
Cabarete
I've had this conversation on this forum before... I'm vehemently opposed to government mandated forceful lockdown. I do not condone the destruction of a country's economy and the decimation of the middle class to try to save the most vulnerable of society*. One should not be so eager to relinquish those freedom given to us by our creator and defended with blood by our forefathers. As Benjamin Franklin once said: "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

The reality is that this isn't the first time that the world has had to deals with a deadly pandemic but it sure is the first time that the healthy have been force to quarantine. It has always been that the infirm and most vulnerable are the ones required to isolate. What changed and why? The fact that there are things just as deadly or even more so right now that are totally ignored by the powers that be speaks volumes about the CV19 frenzy.

And on and on but only CV19 need these extreme measures.

We are hurting the world economy, the middle class, our children, our livelihood and our sanity for what exactly? To save a few co-morbid or older people that are on their way out anyway (I'm just being pragmatic)? Are we sure it will be worth it when all is said and done? With all our sacrifice and effort we still weren't able to save 1,058,104 that have died of CV19 and who knows if these people would have died anyway.

*note: I'm in the most vulnerable group of society.
Good post, but we have seen what happens when the hospitals got over helmed, e.g Italy.

Maybe we are now ready and educated enough to protect ourselves without curfews. Here in DR, I am not sure, doubt it.

Scandinavia yes

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Did you do a runner to the states when you saw the shit hit the fan in RD the peak was 24th july. The hospitals were filling up quick and you went to where they had better health facilities.
Rest assured the Covid freaks had
nothing to do with me leaving. I had
business to attend to in Florida.
This all sounds really spooky though.
Has anyone of our DR1 members contracted
and died from Covid?

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
I've had this conversation on this forum before... I'm vehemently opposed to government mandated forceful lockdown. I do not condone the destruction of a country's economy and the decimation of the middle class to try to save the most vulnerable of society*. One should not be so eager to relinquish those freedom given to us by our creator and defended with blood by our forefathers. As Benjamin Franklin once said: "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

The reality is that this isn't the first time that the world has had to deals with a deadly pandemic but it sure is the first time that the healthy have been force to quarantine. It has always been that the infirm and most vulnerable are the ones required to isolate. What changed and why? The fact that there are things just as deadly or even more so right now that are totally ignored by the powers that be speaks volumes about the CV19 frenzy.

And on and on but only CV19 need these extreme measures.

We are hurting the world economy, the middle class, our children, our livelihood and our sanity for what exactly? To save a few co-morbid or older people that are on their way out anyway (I'm just being pragmatic)? Are we sure it will be worth it when all is said and done? With all our sacrifice and effort we still weren't able to save 1,058,104 that have died of CV19 and who knows if these people would have died anyway.

*note: I'm in the most vulnerable group of society.

What the anti lockdown ,coronavirus hoax lot is that they always miss out the fact that if you just let this highly contagious and deadly virus run riot through society that also wrecks the economy and causes huge amount of deaths.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Rest assured the Covid freaks had
nothing to do with me leaving. I had
business to attend to in Florida.
This all sounds really spooky though.
Has anyone of our DR1 members contracted
and died from Covid?
In my case? Directly, no. Indirectly I think the number is about 10.

I've had two employees test positive and I sent them both home with pay until they came up with two separate negatives between two weeks on tests.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014

I've had two employees test positive and I sent them both home with pay until they came up with two separate negatives between two weeks on tests.
Indirectly 10 DR1 members have died from
contracting Covid? Not sure I follow what you
are saying.
I'm talkiing about death. People get sick down
here constantly from a variety of different viruses
that can easily kill you if you don't take care of
yourself or if you are already in poor health. The
majority of people who do get sick from whatever
they catch down here get better within a week or two.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
In the meantime folks,
thousands of people are flying
into this country every single
week. No one is being tested upon
arrival in STI or Puerto Plata (this I
know for sure) so I'll bet some of
you must be having panic attacks
on a daily basis now. Please relax and
try not to worry yourselves to death.

Source: Dominican Today
Frank Elias Rainieri, general director of the Punta Cana International Airport, reported that flights from the United States are landing in that terminal with 90% occupancy.

“We see an increase in flights from the United States and also from South America. While it is true that we still have fewer frequencies than in previous years, flights from the United States, for example, are landing with 90% occupancy,” he explained.

After the increase of passengers through the terminal, after the opening of tourism in the Dominican Republic, the executive maintains high expectations for next winter and was optimistic about receiving a higher percentage of visitors through the air terminal.

Rainieri related these terms when participating in the webinar “Dominican Republic Awaits You – Responsible Tourism Plan,” conducted by the Dominican Republic Tourism Promotion Office (OPT) for the Kingdom of Spain and Portugal.

It is recalled that the Dominican Government’s goal is to receive 400 thousand tourists by the end of December.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Indirectly 10 DR1 members have died from
contracting Covid? Not sure I follow what you
are saying.
I'm talkiing about death. People get sick down
here constantly from a variety of different viruses
that can easily kill you if you don't take care of
yourself or if you are already in poor health. The
majority of people who do get sick from whatever
they catch down here get better within a week or two.
Well, I wasn't there with them but they were supposedly people who got sick with COVID and didn't survive. But, I get your point they could have been in less than perfect health before they got sick with COVID.
I'm guessing they were all 1% ers.

Last edited:

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
What the anti lockdown ,coronavirus hoax lot is that they always miss out the fact that if you just let this highly contagious and deadly virus run riot through society that also wrecks the economy and causes huge amount of deaths.
What exactly are you saying? If the virus is left to run its course the segment of the population that would be most affected according to statistic is the older generation. The segment of the population that has already lived 80-90% of their natural life and don't contribute to the economy as much as you suggest in your post. The older folks usually don't work at this stage in their life and most live off of pensions or accumulated wealth. These folks are close to the end of their natural life and will probably bequeath all their asset to their descendants. How exactly does this hurt the global economy?

In contrast, lock down hurts the working middle class and the younger generation. It hurts our children's education and more often than not their mental heath. We have been led astray by people that have interest that don't necessarily align with the greater good of humanity. We need to stop drinking the Kool-Aid and stop believing in these idiots. Lets stop being sheep being led to the slaughter house.

At the onset of the China exported Wuhan-flu we where told by our trusted authorities that we needed to quarantine to flatten the curve and to help our medical apparatus not get overwhelmed. We swallowed this bag of dung whole without question or revolt. We were good obedient members of society but something smells rotten in Denmark! If we continue down this path we'll be in lockdown until the year 2999 at least. I think it is time that we reconsider our course of action. We should think long and hard about the consequences of this new way of life. All indications are that this will become our new normal if we continue down this road of perpetual lockdown for a virus with an average mortality rate of 0.029149, in other words an average survival rate of 99.97085.

CDNBear

Banned
Sep 29, 2020
Cabarete
There is evidence that people dies in excess when the spread is uncontrolled. See graphs below

excess-mortality-p-scores-3.png

excess-mortality-p-scores-2.png

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/...solute&time=earliest..2020-09-20&region=World

• Haha
Reactions: user123

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012

Please clarify? Are you saying 10 DR1 members have died from Covid???
What about the millions who will also end up with long covid

??? Please elaberate.

DR fan1990

Sep 22, 2020
Canada
What exactly are you saying? If the virus is left to run its course the segment of the population that would be most affected according to statistic is the older generation. The segment of the population that has already lived 80-90% of their natural life and don't contribute to the economy as much as you suggest in your post. The older folks usually don't work at this stage in their life and most live off of pensions or accumulated wealth. These folks are close to the end of their natural life and will probably bequeath all their asset to their descendants. How exactly does this hurt the global economy?

In contrast, lock down hurts the working middle class and the younger generation. It hurts our children's education and more often than not their mental heath. We have been led astray by people that have interest that don't necessarily align with the greater good of humanity. We need to stop drinking the Kool-Aid and stop believing in these idiots. Lets stop being sheep being led to the slaughter house.

At the onset of the China exported Wuhan-flu we where told by our trusted authorities that we needed to quarantine to flatten the curve and to help our medical apparatus not get overwhelmed. We swallowed this bag of dung whole without question or revolt. We were good obedient members of society but something smells rotten in Denmark! If we continue down this path we'll be in lockdown until the year 2999 at least. I think it is time that we reconsider our course of action. We should think long and hard about the consequences of this new way of life. All indications are that this will become our new normal if we continue down this road of perpetual lockdown for a virus with an average mortality rate of 0.029149, in other words an average survival rate of 99.97085.
The end goal of this fake pandemic (notice I said fake pandemic, not fake virus) is to PUSH AND FRUSTRATE people enough until the breaking point where they will BEG for the vaccine to get back to normal life.

They want everyone to get vaccinated, but they can't just force it, so they will PUSH everyone through crazy restrictions and lockdowns until they can't take it anymore and "embrace" the covid vaccine out of despair.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Please clarify? Are you saying 10 DR1 members have died from Covid???
??? Please elaberate.

Please go back and read my comments again. I'm talking about relatives and acquaintances of my employees.

Also, I didn't mention it before but I only have 16 employees. I work and live in the Nigua/San Cristobal area, both of which have been hit hard by the virus.

Here's the latest from Yulissa Alvarez from Diario Libre:

Infections in children under 19 years of age represent 16% of the country's COVID-19 cases

The director of Epidemiology, Ronald Skewes, reported this Wednesday that infections in groups of zero to nine years are on the rise, as are those of 10 to 19 years, which represent 16% of those infected with COVID-19.

According to the data presented by Skewes, cases in children under 10 years of age began to be reported in mid-June when 137 were detected. The accumulated cases in this age range amounted to 4,292.

Similarly, the cases of COVID-19 in the age range 10 to 19 years began in June with about 133 infections, until yesterday about 5,044, young people and adolescents had been infected.

In this sense, the epidemiologist indicated that the lethality in these groups is very low, standing at 0.07%, quite the opposite of what happens with those over 60 years of age, who have a fatality rate of 5.17%.

This means that for every 100 people over 60 infected, about five die.
"That is the risk that the population over 60 years of age is suffering, that is why the insistence of all precautionary measures to maintain and protect the elderly," said the doctor.

—Yulissa Alvarez

Last edited:

CDNBear

Banned
Sep 29, 2020
Cabarete
Since my friends here on the forum are on both sides of the fence, I thought some here might find this amusing although it technically doesn't include the DR:

Wear your mask!
I swear, it's magical!
“Let's go out to eat, 2020 style...
1. Arrive at restaurant, fish three month old single-use surgical mask out of car's filthy cupholder (still slightly sticky from this morning's 84oz diet Pepsi).
2. Strap up with three month old single-use surgical mask.
*MAGICAL ANTI-GERM BARRIER ENGAGE!!!*
3. Proceed into restaurant, opening door with same handle grabbed by 200 people so far today.
4. Hostess has immediate seating for your woke party of three. Walk past entire restaurant of unmasked people. It's ok, they're sitting.
5. Sit down.
*SEATED ANTI-GERM FORCEFIELD ENGAGE!!!*
6. Safely within your anti-germ forcefield, remove the mask. Browse menu while making relaxed inhales of the same recirculated AC air previously inside the lungs of the 200 people that also grabbed the door handle.
7. Waitress drops off drinks barehanded.
8. Grab drink with your bare hand. Sip leisurely, secure in knowing you're within your anti-germ forcefield of seatedness.
9. Too many drinks. Need to pee. Don the magical anti-germ barrier mask as you leave your anti-germ forcefield of seatedness.
10. Walk past 40 unmasked restaurant patrons. Open bathroom with same door knob grabbed by 100 other people so far today.
11. Return to table past same 40 unmasked restaurant patrons.
12. Remove mask. Once again safe in your anti-germ forcefield of seatedness. Waitress takes your sweaty drink glass with her bare hand, refills, hands back to you. You accept with your bare hand. Grab some bread and eat it. Same hand. Yum Yum.
13. Meal complete. Mask on. Walk past 40 unmasked patrons. Make full body contact with at least 4 people waiting at the hostess stand as you squeeze your way back to the door - no matter, they're all also wearing their magical anti-germ barriers.
14. Grab exit handle, which you are now the 220th person of the day to touch. Eating out successful.
15. Breathe a sigh of relief knowing that even after leaving the protection of your home and venturing out into the scary world of the public, you are essentially sterile thanks to your state approved methods of magical germ mitigation.”

Note: No mention of using hand sanitizer and reinforces my conviction to not eat out.
:LOL:

On the serious side :

There are many indications that the risk of infection from surfaces is minimal. I can not give you a number, but from an epidemiological perspective it is most interesting that most people are infected from person to person.

myself have no fear eating out every day. Today I had empanadas hand made in the barrio for early breakfast(y)
So early at 5:30 we did not use maskso_O But tried to keep social distanse

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010

The government of the RD can make you wear a mask but they cannot take away your freedom

Status
Not open for further replies.