Sosua - Welcome to the Red Zone - Sosua

Son of a sailor

Sep 30, 2019
Thank you. I'll look into that marina at Ocean World. Luperon is not on any cruisers list of places to go.[ Check out some reports on CSSN> Cruiser's saftey net. ] Dire circumstances aside.
There seem to be a few west of Sousa also. By the way, I'm renting a car so I can look around (carefully). Will be staying at a BNB.
Better way to know people.
the Dominican is long on natural beauty, but short on natural anchorages. sail over to Samana, it's peak Dominican cruising.

townsend

Dec 22, 2016
I live here, i took a tour of the place it is awesome, kind of tired of people chimining in to stuff that don
't understand especially people who don't live here and just come visit 3 times a year. the last city government forced all the bars closed and tried to move everything down to that end of town, it is what it is ........come enjoy or shut the @#$%$ up .its gonna be great place to be!!!

David B

Aug 31, 2017
Although the Red Zone looks like a nice setup with potential, I just don't everyone moving to the end of town in sufficient numbers to fill the place up with businesses.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
......come enjoy or shut the @#$%$ up .its gonna be great place to be!!!w

Anybody can give an opinion.

There will be constant noise complaints filed when the new place opens. It may survive as a business, but I don't see a rebirth of PC down there. The new PD station will keep stragglers off the street
I predict your brethren will tire of being hassled and many will move to greener pastures. They liked the Free For All atmosphere of Pedro Clisante. and won't have that down at the new location.

TomTone

Jul 4, 2019
I'm not understanding something: A strip club ( at least in the states) is a place where men go to throw money at women who dance. In addition to that , there MAY be other arrangements (not legal in the states except for Nevada, I think.) made for even MORE money. How does THAT concept function in a place like Sosua where "the business" is legal and pretty much all negotiation is for more than dancing? In other words: why would one pay lots of pesos to look at a chicken wing here and there throughout the course of a night when they could eat a whole chicken for less?

Reactions: Buxtonite

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I'm not understanding something: A strip club ( at least in the states) is a place where men go to throw money at women who dance. In addition to that , there MAY be other arrangements (not legal in the states except for Nevada, I think.) made for even MORE money. How does THAT concept function in a place like Sosua where "the business" is legal and pretty much all negotiation is for more than dancing? In other words: why would one pay lots of pesos to look at a chicken wing here and there throughout the course of a night when they could eat a whole chicken for less?
Some guys are content with just looking at a wing. And the cost of a chicken will always be more than the cost of a wing..

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Passions had dancing .. but it was done to sell DRINKS.. not make it Rain
.. the menu covered " everything" ,
but some dudes still could not help themselves and threw money at the girls just like they did at the DISCO sometime ..
Some dudes just dont know any better ,
so maybe that is their business model.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Passions had dancing .. but it was done to sell DRINKS.. not make it Rain
.. the menu covered " everything" ,
but some dudes still could not help themselves and threw money at the girls just like they did at the DISCO sometime ..
Some dudes just dont know any better ,
so maybe that is their business model.

Speaking of Chicken and Passions...for awhile Passions had a little restaurant on the side wall and you could get wings.

I used to go passions for the wings. And eat at the bar. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

• Haha
Reactions: jd426 and Big

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Speaking of Chicken and Passions...for awhile Passions had a little restaurant on the side wall and you could get wings.

I used to go passions for the wings. And eat at the bar. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.
Pretty entertaining way to eat wings.

David B

Aug 31, 2017
My question is if this lovely compound of vice that they've constructed at the end of Pedro Clisante is going to fly now that the local administration isn't as focused on chasing the girls off the upper part of the street. Seems like it's lost its purpose.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
My question is if this lovely compound of vice that they've constructed at the end of Pedro Clisante is going to fly now that the local administration isn't as focused on chasing the girls off the upper part of the street. Seems like it's lost its purpose.
good point! I think when this whole thing blows over (no pun attended) they will be ecstatic to get all the gentleman with cash back in town, all over town.

Reactions: jd426 and David B

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I was there yesterday afternoon. There were no girls to chase. It was dead on that part of PC.