New entry procedures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Needing to be scanned by immigration may put an upper and lower size limited on any printout someone opts to bring with them instead of having a scale-able QR code on a device. I like everyone else am just waiting to see how all this is going to work come January. What format is acceptable, What happens to those who don't have a QR code, if the website will continue to work or maybe get better and operate more reliably etc.

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
Needing to be scanned by immigration may put an upper and lower size limited on any printout someone opts to bring with them instead of having a scale-able QR code on a device. I like everyone else am just waiting to see how all this is going to work come January. What format is acceptable, What happens to those who don't have a QR code, if the website will continue to work or maybe get better and operate more reliably etc.

The PDF which it produces is what you print. You don't need to scale it, just print the PDF. Obviously they have set the size of the print on the PDF as the size they want to scan. Even if you had the PDF on your phone, I would always print a copy just in case - phones may be stolen or lose their charge or not work when you need them to. Less risk if you also have a printout.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
My first trip to the states just so happens to be on Jan 1. Ain't I lucky? not. I am probably going without form.

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
My first trip to the states just so happens to be on Jan 1. Ain't I lucky? not. I am probably going without form.

Honestly it's much easier with the form. I did it online and didn't have any problems at all (using Chrome on Mac) and the lady said it was much much better - she didn't have to wait anywhere, and didn't need the hassle of filling out forms on an airplane.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Honestly it's much easier with the form. I did it online and didn't have any problems at all (using Chrome on Mac) and the lady said it was much much better - she didn't have to wait anywhere, and didn't need the hassle of filling out forms on an airplane.
Do you have a printed copy or will your use your phone to present it?

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I filled out the form without problems. When I finished I had an "application Code". My doing the application did not produce a scannable image. What did I do wrong?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I filled out the form without problems. When I finished I had an "application Code". My doing the application did not produce a scannable image. What did I do wrong?
Nothing probably. I had the same thing. I went back to the site using the code number and question answer. Then I completed the last page with the accept check mark and I got the image. Try it again a few times, maybe this will work for you.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Nothing probably. I had the same thing. I went back to the site using the code number and question answer. Then I completed the last page with the accept check mark and I got the image. Try it again a few times, maybe this will work for you.
For exit only it seems you can't complete the 4th page (health) because the instructions state not needed for exit. Looks like that's as far as I can go with the form on Jan 1.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Just got it right. Since I was already here in the DR and leaving on the first day of the new format...I went back and used my application # on a different computer, for whatever I did by chance indicating that I was "leaving" out popped the scanning code. Actually it turns out to be a better system than the paper work. :)

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I flew wingo airlines to Bogotá from sdq. The form was impossible to fill out online as the system didn't include wingo airlines. So i just used the paper form.

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
For exit only it seems you can't complete the 4th page (health) because the instructions state not needed for exit. Looks like that's as far as I can go with the form on Jan 1.
You just click through that page and it then gives you the QR code. It's the same for the customs part, they say that you don't need to complete it for salida, and you just accept. I did it for someone tonight.

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
Interesting form. One reason the form may not work on your phone is that you need to check a box to certify that you are not a robot. That does not seem to appear when completing the form on my Iphone. I used my laptop and emailed it to myself so I could open it on my phone. Peculiar choices on the form. Under Marital Status, one option is "Concubinage" Then on the Motive section, if you are not going for work, your option is "Playtime"

• Haha
Reactions: drstock

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Interesting form. One reason the form may not work on your phone is that you need to check a box to certify that you are not a robot. That does not seem to appear when completing the form on my Iphone. I used my laptop and emailed it to myself so I could open it on my phone. Peculiar choices on the form. Under Marital Status, one option is "Concubinage" Then on the Motive section, if you are not going for work, your option is "Playtime"
Many "married" people in the DR are not married, hence the concubinage option.

As far as motives, that is a whole other subject beyond the scope of this thread.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Boots on the ground report: I flew SDQ to JFK today. The easiest trip ever...in 19 years. "Only those that are passengers allowed in airport". He tried. Stands at the entrance by the temp control. One guy. How does he know? Not effective. "No phone use in airport". Tell that to anyone in the universe today. Not effective. Scan for immigration that I fretted about for a couple of days. I tried and I tried to show it to someone as I was so proud that I had it. Finally I flashed it to an agent while first on line at passport control. She "saw it" from 8 feet out and gave me a thumbs up. Kinda like "John you got a "A" on your homework." Rest of trip uneventless. Absolutely no problems whatsoever!

Reactions: NanSanPedro

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Boots on the ground report: I flew SDQ to JFK today. The easiest trip ever...in 19 years. "Only those that are passengers allowed in airport". He tried. Stands at the entrance by the temp control. One guy. How does he know? Not effective. "No phone use in airport". Tell that to anyone in the universe today. Not effective. Scan for immigration that I fretted about for a couple of days. I tried and I tried to show it to someone as I was so proud that I had it. Finally I flashed it to an agent while first on line at passport control. She "saw it" from 8 feet out and gave me a thumbs up. Kinda like "John you got a "A" on your homework." Rest of trip uneventless. Absolutely no problems whatsoever!

Curious about others that you may have noticed that did not have the magic symbol on their phone. Any complications?

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
Nobody ever asked for barcode today in SDQ. We all completed paper forms on the plane. They were most likely thrown in a garbage can along with the other two forms.

Status
Not open for further replies.