Curfew Tightened Considerably

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 21, 2007
Which pharmacy? I would like to investigate that.
Was he a taxi driver - did the pharmacy owner test positive?
Sounds like more info is needed.
I would like to follow up if you provide the pharmacy name

I will not name the pharmacy. He was not a taxi driver. He was an ex-pat. I don't believe he worked. His wife did not test positive but she is quarantining during this difficult time. She is a lovely lady and I do not want to cause her any more grief than what she is already going through.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Yes it has gotten attention in past demonstrations. Maybe burning them at airport entrances would be most effective? Could you only imagine demonstrations shutting down PUJ or SDQ? The press coverage would be worldwide.
Even a taxi blockade - it doesn't need to be burning tires
Wouldn't that be special? How many Dominicans do you think would be encouraged to burn the house down at the airports? None. Civil unrest in the streets to include the burning of tires and unlawful demonstrations at the airports over not drinking beer at your favorite pub is not going to happen. Unions, burnning tires in the streets is a whole different matter.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I can't explain what other people think or say. There is no restriction on farmacias mentioned in Abinader's decree. Here is another official post from the office of the President. WW posted this earlier. It says again what was in the decree. I'll go with what the official decree says:

P.S. It makes no sense to punish farmacias and close them to the public except for delivery. Any farmacia that I've been to only allows a maximum of 2 people inside. They are not the problem!
I am going with farmacias won't be letting people inside starting tomorrow until at least January 10. Delivery to your home for sure and perhaps "curbside" pickup is allowed, you are just no going inside. That is my final answer.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Looks like Public Beaches will be open:

From the Presidencia Facebook page posted 11 hours ago:

Presidencia de la República Dominicana

Important information about the measures announced by the Health Cabinet:

For those local citizens and families who are staying in hotels and tourist locations for the holidays, and their departure or checkout is on the weekend from January 1 to January 10, their return will be permitted, with transit until 5 pm, showing the following documents:

1. Voucher Check Out Hotel (or Sality Bill). This document should be hotel official, containing its name and logo. Must clearly state the name of the person and date of departure.
2. Card, License or Passport of the person listed in the Output Document.

At least 1 exit document per vehicle will be needed.

Hotels are instructed to implement a safe and expeditious way to facilitate these measures, including delivering this invoice the night before departure.

For individuals and families staying in Villas or non-hotel rentals, the record of booking issued by the Travel Agency or Tour Operator will be permitted. This document shall clearly state the name and logo of the Agency or Tour Operator, name of the person who rents and date of entry and exit. This will be presented alongside an identity card.

Hotels will not be able to perform activities such as parties, concerts, or other events during January 1-10, 2021. Events such as weddings, or previously scheduled private congresses can only have attendance from people who have stay inside the hotel and complying with the protocol.

Recurring inspections will be carried out during the period to ensure compliance with these measures.
Fouls in correct application of protocol will lead to sanctions.

Public beaches will be open until schedule for curfew announced today. Also complying with protocols. #Let 'snotLowTheGuardia

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
And please note that this document is from the Gabinete de Salud and the Vice President of the DR is in charge of that group.

It is indeed "official" and shall be obeyed as indicated: Anyone who does not think it is "real and official" can take it up with her at:

1609414189732.png

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
5. It is established that from January 1, 2021, bars, restaurants and grocery stores will not be able to receive customers who consume at their facilities until January 10.

Does this answer the grocery store question !!??

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
God forbid you go out on the street on weekends after noon, however, private parties at the pool of your AirBnB condo is just fine, right?

Reactions: twoinsosua

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I am going with farmacias won't be letting people inside starting tomorrow until at least January 10. Delivery to your home for sure and perhaps "curbside" pickup is allowed, you are just no going inside. That is my final answer.
Farmacias OPEN. Just left one that is not only open for customers but open 24/7 for customers. Located in Bavaro next to Plaza Lama in the gas station. And for supermarkets, they are also open. You just cannot eat there in the dining section if they have one.

DR1 is great for information, but there is a lot of "Fake News" here also...........................

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Where does it say that pharmacies have to close and be delivery only? Read it carefully. It says bars colmados and restaurants are delivery only. And it says delivery drivers from these and from pharmacies can work until 11pm. Nothing about pharmacies having to close.
I miss read Post #43.
Delivery only?
I don't own a phone and I live in the campo. SMH.... i wouldn't be surprised to see PN harassing them for being open.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Please. The natives aren't stupid enough to put others at risk for a damn drink, and because they think they have some sort of magical understanding of how viruses are transmitted.

DR is going into shutdown mode, largely because of bad choices like the ones you enjoy promoting. Hopefully, between that and the Oxford vaccines, they'll be able to protect themselves from stupid, self-indulgent choices made by North Americans desperate to travel.
Damn those North Americans.

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
Wouldn't that be special? How many Dominicans do you think would be encouraged to burn the house down at the airports? None. Civil unrest in the streets to include the burning of tires and unlawful demonstrations at the airports over not drinking beer at your favorite pub is not going to happen. Unions, burnning tires in the streets is a whole different matter.
Do you honestly think that the only negative effect for the people by these draconian mesures is that they can's drink beer at their favorite pubs? Do you not realize how devastating this will be and if I were to bet, I'd be betting on extensions to these new curfews. I think not being able to work and put food on the table just might be a bit more important to everyone.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Do you honestly think that the only negative effect for the people by these draconian mesures is that they can's drink beer at their favorite pubs? Do you not realize how devastating this will be and if I were to bet, I'd be betting on extensions to these new curfews. I think not being able to work and put food on the table just might be a bit more important to everyone.
Agreed, and my response was to a poster was regarding "civil unrest likey to start Weds." I have heard of no such things from Dominicans. Only here on DR1 from ex pats. Have you heard differently?

Reactions: drstock

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
Agreed, and my response was to a poster was regarding "civil unrest likey to start Weds." I have heard of no such things from Dominicans. Only here on DR1 from ex pats. Have you heard differently?
I am sorry to say that I have not. Sorry for the misunderstanding. You know, I think I have posted here before that EVERY day I ask between 2-4 Dominicans "how many people do you know personally that have died of Covid", so far just 2 have said they knew of someone personally. Odds are that we will all get the virus at one time or another. I very rarely get gripe even when those around me have it so maybe I will or maybe I won't but I prefer to live like a free man than stay locked down like an animal, but I fear life will never return to what it once was. - Happy New Year

Reactions: Big and twoinsosua

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
5. It is established that from January 1, 2021, bars, restaurants and grocery stores will not be able to receive customers who consume at their facilities until January 10.

Does this answer the grocery store question !!??
Yea, no drinking at the grocery stores, no eating or drinking at bars and restaurants. That is what the above sentence says.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com

I don't think he's that stupid. At least I want to believe that.

Reactions: DR fan1990

DR fan1990

Sep 22, 2020
Canada
Is there any risk or chatter about airlines cancelling flights because who would want to fly in under the curfew
Upon checking in for my flight to POP, the air transat app is telling me i will have to submit my travel plans and contact tracing details before boarding.

What the hell!?
Is this pandemic being used to create a surveillance state? Looks like it.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Upon checking in for my flight to POP, the air transat app is telling me i will have to submit my travel plans and contact tracing details before boarding.

What the hell!?
Is this pandemic being used to create a surveillance state? Looks like it.
Understand that whatever you write as a fairy tale is not checked. 😃. Play the game it's stress free.

Status
Not open for further replies.