Curfew Tightened Considerably

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomiiiii

Dec 30, 2020
Seattle
I had to go to Wecare Pharmacy today, so I asked. They will be open for customers as usual next week. Next I went to Super Pola and stopped by CarolRx and asked. They are going to be open next week for customers as usual, also.
When you say "as usual" does that mean with usual hours, or as usual but reduced curfew hours.

Because I think a big concern is that if you need grocery or pharmacy after noon on weekends (a completely reasonable expectation), then you'll have trouble.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I will not name the pharmacy. He was not a taxi driver. He was an ex-pat. I don't believe he worked. His wife did not test positive but she is quarantining during this difficult time. She is a lovely lady and I do not want to cause her any more grief than what she is already going through.
I would like to avoid that pharmacy for a while, if it was exposed to Covid.

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
5. It is established that from January 1, 2021, bars, restaurants and grocery stores will not be able to receive customers who consume at their facilities until January 10.

Grocery stores are clearly listed here. No eating at Grocery stores according to this.

It's a bad translation. The actual decree in Spanish says Colmadones. They are talking about colmados, not grocery stores as such. Supermarkets and food stores can stay open as normal. Colmados can't have anyone eating or drinking inside, only can open for takeaway sales or deliveries.

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
I was in playa boca chica today. It was comforting to see very few people on the beach. The restaurants were begging people to come inside. Some beach restaurants were almost full and others empty. Water was very clear and i spent a very relaxing afternoon on the beach.
I spoke to tourist police and i was informed that tomorrow, the curfew will be till 5pm but beach will be open to public except no one could enter bars and restaurants. I wonder if they will bring your food and drinks to the beach, where you will be sitting.
So seems like beach will stay open to public during the hours we are allowed to stay outside.
Now i walked the main avenue in boca chica and didn't see a single person with mask or doing social distancing. Bars were full and even sidewalk chairs and tables were full of clients. Johns and hookers going about their daily business. No masks or social distancing anywhere.

It's been confirmed that all beaches will be open. Masks are not required when you are eating and drinking in a bar.

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
It's been confirmed that all beaches will be open. Masks are not required when you are eating and drinking in a bar.
TPaul the way I read the spanish versions you can not be eating or drinking inside Bars, Restaurant or Colmados.
The way I see it Bars will be close, Restaurant and Colmados will be take out only or pick up.

Happy New Year

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
When you say "as usual" does that mean with usual hours, or as usual but reduced curfew hours.

Because I think a big concern is that if you need grocery or pharmacy after noon on weekends (a completely reasonable expectation), then you'll have trouble.
I took it to mean as hours per the curfew. After those hours, you have to request delivery. However, I believe that there is an exemption to go to the pharmacies after curfew hours if it is an emergency(?).

tempo

Aug 5, 2020
US
I went to the DR and returned after a week of nice weather, balmy temperature, blue sky and great food. Most evenings, I would go out for dinner and return on foot by 9 PM. There were hotels that were open which could host for longer and I saw some weird sights.... 9/10 people chatting at their table, well more like hollering as some of these kinds do, very amused with their own humor, and without even a trace of a mask...speaking of responsible tourism. No wonder Abinader and his team are trying to get a grip on the situation. I saw quite a few "party in the barrio" photos. Of course, there are some here who are always playing Monday mornimg quarterbacks with their imagined doomsday scenario where hard working DR citizens are being oppressed.

Aug 21, 2007
I would like to avoid that pharmacy for a while, if it was exposed to Covid.

Sorry, I was wrong. My husband corrected me. The man - husband of the pharmacy owner- did not feel well. Went to the hospital. Contracted COVID in the hospital and died. So I was wrong about the pharmacy being involved.

Now someone will ask me what hospital, I believe. I won’t say, but in reality this could have happened in any hospital. I would avoid them at all costs right now, if possible.

Reactions: bellakins

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
There is an incredible amount of mis-information here on DR1 that is supported by people that just can't say they are wrong. They will "stick with their opinion" even when it is proven right in fromt of their eyes they are wrong. Oh well, let them live in their cave while life needs to go on.

Happy New Year's to all. I'll let y'all know how the trip to SDQ works out today the first day of e tixs.Went to the absolute best NYE party last night. I'm a happy camper.

Reactions: Big

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Sorry, I was wrong. My husband corrected me. The man - husband of the pharmacy owner- did not feel well. Went to the hospital. Contracted COVID in the hospital and died. So I was wrong about the pharmacy being involved.

Now someone will ask me what hospital, I believe. I won’t say, but in reality this could have happened in any hospital. I would avoid them at all costs right now, if possible.
So he died of Covid or he died of some other cause that he went to the hospital with and tested positive for Covid?
This is why numbers may be skewed pumping up Covid deaths.

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
TPaul the way I read the spanish versions you can not be eating or drinking inside Bars, Restaurant or Colmados.
The way I see it Bars will be close, Restaurant and Colmados will be take out only or pick up.

Happy New Year

Exactly, that's what the government is saying must happen. Grocery stores like supermarkets and pharmacies stay open as normal, as do offices and other shops. Gyms, churches and parks close, beaches stay open.

kptmorgan

Nov 21, 2020
Wild East
Do you think that these more strict rules of the curfew might be prolonged after 10.1. ? Or is it more like something "special" related to the New Year celebrations ?

Bought flights from Europe on 14.1. and currently wondering if to cancel or not to cancel... Under such circumstances (curfew from 12:00 & 17:00), the trip does not make much sense.

Reactions: campesinadeatl
Status
Not open for further replies.