Negative Covid Test To Required By All Travelers To The US

Status
Not open for further replies.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
If they give you 72 hours, it might be possible to get tested before you leave the US and have the result still be valid when you return. Just have to shorten the trip tp 48 hours. This doesn't look like it will slow down covid in the US at all, however, the airlines should make some money with this plan. Consider it a small government bail out, paid for by the passengers.
That sounds like a real long shot. How fast are test results now?

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
In the short term it's bad news fr the DR but I think eventually you will just need to provide proof of vaccination when that is rolled out

And how does a short stay tourist, say under 7 days, get tested and receive results for their return flights?
Do you even read what you post?
Do you ever read before you mouth off. I never said a word about short stay tourists.

• Love
Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
I am very well aware of the definition of apartheid, because I witnessed it live with my own eyes during several assignments to South Africa when it was in full effect.
Can you explain how apartheid is relevant to the RD?
Can you explain how apartheid is relevant to this thread line?
Must you always attempt to derail every thread line with nonsensical dribble?

LOL You know well what we are talking about.

• Love
Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
In the short term it's bad news fr the DR but I think eventually you will just need to provide proof of vaccination when that is rolled out

Do you ever read before you mouth off. I never said a word about short stay tourists.

Good night sweetheart.
Find somebody else to play in the sandbox with. 😘

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
If they give you 72 hours, it might be possible to get tested before you leave the US and have the result still be valid when you return. Just have to shorten the trip tp 48 hours. This doesn't look like it will slow down covid in the US at all, however, the airlines should make some money with this plan. Consider it a small government bail out, paid for by the passengers.
...A negative test to enter the USA?...the USA is already the world covid king..and the numbers are rising fast...,when I talk to my friends back home many refer to it as a shyte show....

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
..almost every day I go past the Gran Teatro Del Cibao... you know the big building across from the monument in Santiago...and every day they have medical people outside at tables giving covid tests..

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
...A negative test to enter the USA?...the USA is already the world covid king..and the numbers are rising fast...,when I talk to my friends back home many refer to it as a shyte show....

The UK is exactly the same and you need a test for there from yesterday too. shyt show sums it up

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
To board the Iberia flight this monday Madrid- SD a less-than-48h negative covid test was required.

First I had heard of it.

PCMike

Aug 30, 2008
I understand where they are coming from but it just amounts to a slow death for tourism in DR sadly.....
The slow death started a year ago. There is very little, even before all of this. Want to buy a house????

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
The slow death started a year ago. There is very little, even before all of this. Want to buy a house????

My mother mentioned cruise ships to me this week and we were wondering how all this will work for cruise ships if they ever sail again. All these countries requiring a negative PCR test before you can step onto their soil, will it mean people are constantly having to be tested on a 14 night cruise? It's certainly going to shake things up massively for travel and I can see a lot of companies will not survive this one.

• Sad
Reactions: Buzzard and PCMike

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
"All international airline passengers coming into the U.S. will be required by the government to show proof of a negative COVID-19 test result before taking flights to the country, a new report suggests.

"The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is slated to issue an order Tuesday, sources familiar with the matter told the Wall Street Journal. The order would probit anyone from flying into the country without a negative COVID-19 test result. The new regulation would go into effect on Jan. 26, sources told the Journal"

".The expected travel requirement, which could be announced Tuesday, comes amid a surge in COVID-19 cases following a more contagious strain of the new coronavirus originally discovered in the U.K. To thwart the spread, the Trump administration last month required all travelers flying out of the U.K. to show a negative test result before arriving in the states."
Good. That should help.

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
I think things will not really get back to normal/ish untill the vaccines are rolled out, then all you need is proof of vaccination and not expensive and inconvenient testing either end of the trip. I think that helps solve the problem finally. I hope.....

Reactions: drstock and slowmo

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I am very well aware of the definition of apartheid, because I witnessed it live with my own eyes during several assignments to South Africa when it was in full effect.
Can you explain how apartheid is relevant to the RD?
Can you explain how apartheid is relevant to this thread line?
Must you always attempt to derail every thread line with nonsensical dribble?
One Double soy latte-sugar free syrup w/ 1% milk....
coming right up.

Reactions: Caonabo

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
"All international airline passengers coming into the U.S. will be required by the government to show proof of a negative COVID-19 test result before taking flights to the country, a new report suggests.

"The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is slated to issue an order Tuesday, sources familiar with the matter told the Wall Street Journal. The order would probit anyone from flying into the country without a negative COVID-19 test result. The new regulation would go into effect on Jan. 26, sources told the Journal"

".The expected travel requirement, which could be announced Tuesday, comes amid a surge in COVID-19 cases following a more contagious strain of the new coronavirus originally discovered in the U.K. To thwart the spread, the Trump administration last month required all travelers flying out of the U.K. to show a negative test result before arriving in the states."
Thanks Ken. I guess we should know soon. Hoy es martes.

Another source:

This is the CDC new regulations. Test for flight inbound and outbound, just like the UK are introducing

Status
Not open for further replies.