Warning PCR test will be required to enter Canada with in 3 days of arrival

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Thus far it looks like Candians or those traveling to Canada have the biggest issue meeting the test requirements. With the accepted tests being limited to PCR that leaves only two legit tests and only a few labs that do them. None of the labs will guarantee results in less than 3 days and one seems to be fudging the result date accordingly, much to the delight of those using that service. The CDN Govt needs to ease the restrictions on test type and possibly the timeline before the flight or just scrap the whole mess and test upon arrival in Canada. What Canada wants just isn't practical here at this time for most people who need a test. The US requirements seem much more flexible and as a result achievable.

AlaPlaya

Frequent Flyer
Jan 7, 2021
Texas
Just read the news on TVA Nouvelles.
Canada will possibly ban all outgoing travel soon. You won't be able to leave your own country. Forget about your constitutional rights, they're gone.

Man i wish i was an expat in DR now.
I wish Canadians would vote him out of office. I was hoping to be able to see my family by coordinating a meeting in the DR. If he revokes the ability of Canadians to travel abroad (while I think its illegal), I can kiss that chance goodbye.

• Sad
Reactions: DR fan1990

DR fan1990

Sep 22, 2020
Canada
My glass half full vision is that with more people being vaccinated daily, banning foreign travel would be rather unpopular. After all, his only mission in life is to get reelected.
You'd be surprised how many Canadians actually approve this ban on foreign travel right now.

And given that the vaccines won't eradicate COVID, just alleviate the symptoms, the pandemic isn't going anywhere anytime soon... and so the average Canadian will still approve this travel ban as long as the media keeps the fear mongering alive.
People lack critical thinking skills when they live in fear and despair and will accept any restrictions in hopes of a "return to normal".

Reactions: Russell and nanita

nanita

Jul 28, 2014
Just read the news on TVA Nouvelles.
Canada will possibly ban all outgoing travel soon. You won't be able to leave your own country. Forget about your constitutional rights, they're gone.

Man i wish i was an expat in DR now.
I have to wonder if any of the posters who love to hurl insults like 'conspiracy theorist' and 'tin foil hat' are starting to see why this 'health crisis' (or bad flu, as I like to refer to it) has been hyped up. Invoking the War Measures Act and declaring a permanent state of emergency gives governments an awful lot of power.
It's disturbing to see how they push fear.
I've always said that if this was a REAL pandemic (and no, it is NOT) the media would be broadcasting 'stay calm, everything is OK' messaging 24/7.
Instead it's the 'casedemic' day after day, month after month. Never a mention of age of death, comorbidities, recoveries, or how many of the cases are 'asymptomatic' (i.e. healthy people).
I am disgusted with this global attempt to control us but on the bright side, I see people waking up to the The Big Lie each and every day.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
You'd be surprised how many Canadians actually approve this ban on foreign travel right now.

And given that the vaccines won't eradicate COVID, just alleviate the symptoms, the pandemic isn't going anywhere anytime soon... and so the average Canadian will still approve this travel ban as long as the media keeps the fear mongering alive.
People lack critical thinking skills when they live in fear and despair and will accept any restrictions in hopes of a "return to normal".
To add fuel to the travel bans and add more restrictions, news of vaccines not working well on new variants of CV-19 will only make the lockdowns harder and longer in the coming year.

Reactions: DR fan1990

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
I wish Canadians would vote him out of office. I was hoping to be able to see my family by coordinating a meeting in the DR. If he revokes the ability of Canadians to travel abroad (while I think its illegal), I can kiss that chance goodbye.

Alpha your correct. This is pure supposition on the part of a few posters here. The reality is there won’t be a federal government ban on international travel for many reasons. It’s a blatant infringement of our Charter Rights and would be turfed out by our Supreme Court. Trudeau will do everything he can to limit international travel by putting in as many government hurdles as possible to placate the Premier of Quebec. An outright ban would be political suicide. He has a minority government and an election could be called at anytime because the threat of a non confidence vote is always hanging over his head.

I predicted in an earlier post the Canadian DR testing requirements would fail because of logistical problems. The longer this problem festers, the greater the urgency for the Canadian government to come up with suitable alternatives. Canadian tourists, Snowbirds, the devastated airline industry, Canadian airports, are all feeling the impact of these hastily implemented testing requirements. Developed to prevent the spread of the variants already in Canada.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Testing is not that expensive. The resorts should get into vaccines and testing business. " Come and enjoy our Sun and safe resort included vaccine and when you leave we will supply you with PCR test all for good value $$"

Wake up Canada, USA and Europe! now it's just for the minister of tourism to get the Vaccines. ( maybe make them here)

Florida is attracting Canadian snowbirds with the promise of a Covid vaccination so what your saying is not that far fetched.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
My glass half full vision is that with more people being vaccinated daily, banning foreign travel would be rather unpopular. After all, his only mission in life is to get reelected.
The solution to this mess is simple. Test all arriving international travellers who don’t have a test, at Canadian airports. Ontario is already paying for testing at Toronto airport for those that want it.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Well, check with Winde he's the bean counter of record for the DR.
All the exits and entries are stored in servers. They know who has been naughty or nice. How do I know that? I had to get a list of all of my entrances and exits from the time I entered the DR in 2003 from Migracion in order to become a naturalized citizen.

There is news on PCR tests for Canadians in the periodicals.

Reactions: johne

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
AAHH!! but he has such nice hair!! on the other hand that would serve him well as a stand in Drama Teacher.

DR fan1990

Sep 22, 2020
Canada
The solution to this mess is simple. Test all arriving international travellers who don’t have a test, at Canadian airports. Ontario is already paying for testing at Toronto airport for those that want it.
The Quebec Prime Minister just said that if the federal government can't ban international travel, then they should force returning travelers to quarantine at hotels at their own expenses.

This Quebec dude is nuts.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Trudeau openly promoted the Great Reset on national TV, which is a globalist agenda... Now do you really think he cares about getting votes at this point... He is onto a bigger and wider agenda, couldn't care less about getting votes... especially when most Canadians seem to actually approve his upcoming travel ban.

He can promote it but his great reset
ain’t gonna happen with his minority government. His NDP sycophants will only support him to a point. The current NDP leader is history as soon as the next federal election is called. Trudeau needs a solid majority government to carry out his great reset. Nice hair and a feminist agenda will only carry him so far. His father had a vision of Canada that brought us our Charter of Rights and Freedoms. Justin’s vision is limited to what he sees in the mirror each morning.

nanita

Jul 28, 2014
He can promote it but his great reset
ain’t gonna happen with his minority government. His NDP sycophants will only support him to a point. The current NDP leader is history as soon as the next federal election is called. Trudeau needs a solid majority government to carry out his great reset. Nice hair and a feminist agenda will only carry him so far. His father had a vision of Canada that brought us our Charter of Rights and Freedoms. Justin’s vision is limited to what he sees in the mirror each morning.
The Great Reset is a global initiative, not a Canadian one. Klaus Schwab wrote a book about it. You can find photos of many world leaders in possession of this book.
The Great Reset contains nothing good for me. I do not wish to live in a coffin-sized apartment in a big city, eat bugs and hope my social credit score will allow me to take the bus or go to Disneyworld.
My social credit score is going to be very, very, very low. Of that I have no doubt.

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
The Great Reset is a global initiative, not a Canadian one. Klaus Schwab wrote a book about it. You can find photos of many world leaders in possession of this book.
The Great Reset contains nothing good for me. I do not wish to live in a coffin-sized apartment in a big city, eat bugs and hope my social credit score will allow me to take the bus or go to Disneyworld.
My social credit score is going to be very, very, very low. Of that I have no doubt.
Quite frankly I have no freaking idea of what the ''great reset'' is...but I do know the PM has not the smarts nor intellect to pull off more than a morning facial.
In contrast O'Toole has no hair , maybe thats better

Status
Not open for further replies.