Illegal immigrants and government actions

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
You can also beat a dead horse.
What Windeguy said a few posts earlier "When the DR government promises not to enforce the laws as written".
Leaves us with more questions than answers as everything and I do mean everything, is selective enforcement down here.
That was absolutely intentional on my part. And if nobody chooses to see the game afoot, as well, so be it.
The horse is very much alive.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Honestly, I think these guys are easier to read than the previous bunch

They prefaced their actions w/ NOTHING!!!
Never a comment... just seemed to pull the trigger

Radical

Jan 5, 2021
SOMEWHERE
The government mentioned going to all areas along the north coast, and not just once. The last government was not keen on law enforcement of immigration laws at the end of their long stay in power.

There are plenty, and I mean plenty, of people to round up in Cabarete.

Up front!

I am a newbie on the site but one thing which I've caught up with by browsing and searching it is your consistency with the "legal/illegal status" of Gringos in the country.

You seen so focus/interested personally into getting the DR government to force illegal Gringos out of the DR; it seems as a personal vendetta.

The question isn't whether the above isn't true or not, a few searches and reading your post and replies would provide a yes answer easily to those doubts.

which begs the known fact, why so much personal interest in something that is totally a government issue?

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Up front!

I am a newbie on the site but one thing which I've caught up with by browsing and searching it is your consistency with the "legal/illegal status" of Gringos in the country.

You seen so focus/interested personally into getting the DR government to force illegal Gringos out of the DR; it seems as a personal vendetta.

The question isn't whether the above isn't true or not, a few searches and reading your post and replies would provide a yes answer easily to those doubts.

which begs the known fact, why so much personal interest in something that is totally a government issue?

Welcome to DR1 :)

In the meantime, paid my overstay fine for my family and I, asked if it would be a problem coming back at the immigration officer : "Claro que no ! " (Guess WIndy posts got to me, lol).

Came back a few weeks later with a one way ticket, immigration officers :" Bienvenidos !"

Happy for those with cedulas and citizenships pero not for me at the moment.

Toque de queda at 12 today but music is on, Barcelo next to me, kids are in the pool, life is good :cool:

Radical

Jan 5, 2021
SOMEWHERE
Welcome to DR1 :)

In the meantime, paid my overstay fine for my family and I, asked if it would be a problem coming back at the immigration officer : "Claro que no ! " (Guess WIndy posts got to me, lol).

Came back a few weeks later with a one way ticket, immigration officers :" Bienvenidos !"

Happy for those with cedulas and citizenships pero not for me at the moment.

Toque de queda at 12 today but music is on, Barcelo next to me, kids are in the pool, life is good :cool:

Now see,this is a reply which reflects reality 360.

Thanks for the laughs, gracias!

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
What they MUST do, if they are really going to toughen up on overstayers is make the Residency process more user friendly. It's such a pain that most overstayers I know will just give up and go elsewhere. I know of two who have given up after spending a lot of time and money trying to go through the process. And when I recently applied to change my Residency from Temporary to (so called) Permanent, I had to provide ownership details of my house and car, plus a DR bank reference. Many people just can't do this.

But if you don't own a house and a car and can't provide a bank reference, should the DR want you to come? No chance of getting into most other countries if you haven't got any money, I don't see why the DR should be any different.

Reactions: Tarheel

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
But if you don't own a house and a car and can't provide a bank reference, should the DR want you to come?
Of course they do 🇩🇴. You do not need to own a house and car in order to spend HARD 💵💴💶💷 currency. They just do not want you to overstay. Work and take jobs away from their countrymen. Or be a burden on the social net. You know these discussions are not about that. They are about a certain person who has a vendetta against those who did not run the gauntlet like he did.

Proof of this will be in his reply to my post.:ROFLMAO:

Tarheel

Dec 19, 2005
My patience is beginning to wear thin with King Luis.
He's starting to listen too much to his "advisors" and not following his own convictions.
Why would you have advisors if you weren't going to listen to them?

Tarheel

Dec 19, 2005
Regarding this:
How are Venezuelans going to get a valid copy of a clear police report record from Venezuela?
I see that as being a big challenge to their becoming "regularized"? Will they just deport them if not possible?

At least now we have a situation identified for Venezuelans and we can see how that plays out.

Now back to the Haitians/Snowbirds....
Why would the DR government want to deport Venezuelans? Are they not productive immigrants?

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
I was told to not to worry because I was and am not able to return to Canada to have the Biometrics done. That my temporary visa in my passport will cover me.... Biometrics was the only thing I was missing ...only because it was not on the List provided by the RD Embassy in Ottawa Canada.
So I have hired a Lawyer whom I know for years and is an honest person to take it from here... we'll see, because COVID19 has turned the world upside down.
Will keep you posted.
Can you explain when you say you must return for Biometrics, who supplies this in Canada apart from already in your passport?
Can this be from the Canadian police(maybe RCMP) report of no criminal records ect.....?

Reactions: Neargale

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
Can you explain when you say you must return for Biometrics, who supplies this in Canada apart from already in your passport?
Can this be from the Canadian police(maybe RCMP) report of no criminal records ect.....?
Not RCMP possibly the Corp of Commissionaires ; but Service Canada is gearing up for Biometrics in regional locations as we speak... however the CV19 restrictions are putting a 'negative' on everything.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
The Corps of Commissionaires is where you to get the RCMP report you need.
At least that's where I went - no line, straight in, fingerprints, criminal records, etc and done

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Why would the DR government want to deport Venezuelans? Are they not productive immigrants?
The government mentioned something about enforcing the laws as written. Illegal aliens are still illegal, regardless of what they produce.