Problems with Vaccines.. past and present.

Status
Not open for further replies.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Nanita

Your copying / pasting websites debunking the vaccines is getting tiresome. Why don't you do yourself a favour and educate yourself a little about medicine instead of Googling.

No two people are the same. People have different allergies or reactions to different substances. Why don't you post the number of people who have had fatal peanut reactions? Have you heard the TV commercials advertising medicine on US television.? You get the speeded up voice message that this medicine might cause blah, blah, blah..... That's the nature of medicine. Although designed to cure an illness, there may be side effects. Some of which might include a sore arm, but a side effect nevertheless and probably goes into a statistic somewhere.

I am appealing to you once again. Please stop. Fi you don't want the shot, fine, don't get it. But let people make up their own minds based on the real science and not fake news or crackpot journalism.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
From the London Telegraph today

Covid-blocking nasal spray could be in chemists by summer​

A nasal spray which can prevent a coronavirus infection for up to two days could be available in high street pharmacies by the summer, researchers have said.

Scientists at the University of Birmingham have been developing the spray since April last year and are currently in discussions with shops and pharmaceutical giants on the next steps to mass produce it.

Dr Richard Moakes, the study’s lead researcher, said he is confident in the spray’s formula to help unlock society from social distancing restrictions and “get schools going again”.
Unfortunately you need to subscribe to read the article.

I always asked myself if the nasal spray would work. I remember being in a classroom with 15 other people from all over the world a couple of years ago. One of them caught the flu and we were dropping like flies. I tried this stuff from Vicks called First Defence which is supposed to kill the virus in your nasal cavity before it enters your system. Whilst everyone else had a real dose of man-flu, all I got was a runny nose.

Reactions: Russell

nanita

Jul 28, 2014
I wasn't aware that you don't live here. Now I understand Malko's tongue in cheek remark about Barbados!

So you're pedalling your nonsense from afar. Why don't you troll a forum more relevant to you?
You know what Beeza? I think you're right.

It's amazing to me that providing information about an experimental vaccine is met with insults and accusations of being a 'troll'.

It confirms my theory that people aren't at all interested in the truth. They are interested in believing fairy stories.

I used to have a problem with government, media and Big Pharma manipulating people, but it's pretty apparent that a LOT of people WANT to be manipulated. They welcome it, in fact.

So this will be my last post on good old Dr1, it's been a total waste of time.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013

Comparing a couple of hundred cases worldwide after vaccination campaigns to the couple hundred thousand cases before.......

<< Shakes head slowly >>

• Love
Reactions: Africaida

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Nanita

I am appealing to you once again. Please stop. Fi you don't want the shot, fine, don't get it. But let people make up their own minds based on the real science and not fake news or crackpot journalism.
I agree and at the same time those who are eager to get vaccinated
need to stop trying to belittle those who are not.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
Nanita

Your copying / pasting websites debunking the vaccines is getting tiresome. Why don't you do yourself a favour and educate yourself a little about medicine instead of Googling.

No two people are the same. People have different allergies or reactions to different substances. Why don't you post the number of people who have had fatal peanut reactions? Have you heard the TV commercials advertising medicine on US television.? You get the speeded up voice message that this medicine might cause blah, blah, blah..... That's the nature of medicine. Although designed to cure an illness, there may be side effects. Some of which might include a sore arm, but a side effect nevertheless and probably goes into a statistic somewhere.

The type of shock that is talked about in reference with the vaccines is Anaphylactic Shock...rapid onset, seconds to minutes...and can be fatal unless treated fast.....I had it once..the vaccines not for me........sadly but true most medicine today is about money, and in this country even more true.......

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
You know what Beeza? I think you're right.

It's amazing to me that providing information about an experimental vaccine is met with insults and accusations of being a 'troll'.

It confirms my theory that people aren't at all interested in the truth. They are interested in believing fairy stories.

I used to have a problem with government, media and Big Pharma manipulating people, but it's pretty apparent that a LOT of people WANT to be manipulated. They welcome it, in fact.

So this will be my last post on good old Dr1, it's been a total waste of time.

For what it's worth poster,
nanita...
your postings WERE appreciated.
Do not let this Brit Former Fly Guy disrupt your communications. He's stuck in a world that does not exist any longer.
As well, most of them are full of shite to begin with.
You, not so.
Carry on!

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Vaccine does NOT prevent spreading.... lessens the impact of the virus
That's all....

Mask & distance still req'd
My understanding is that the jury is still out as to the question of a properly vaccinated person being able to spread the virus.
This question was not trialed and it will take some experience with vaccine to answer.
Requirements are enforced out of an abundance of caution.
Some vaccines give 95% immunity but you still can get sick but not severely ill as to require hospitalization.
Have you seen evidence that a vaccinated person has spread the virus?

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
I'm not voting either way. But I think of all those drug ads on tv. Often times the side effects appear worse than the illness.

Five days ago Dominican-American Congressman in the United States Adriano Espaillat tested positive for Covid despite getting the two doses of the vaccine. Apparently, you can still test positive despite getting vaccinated. Its not clear if he got infected during the US Capitol invasion where the situation caused social distancing to be ignored by many people or if the vaccine is to blame.

One persons experience is just one persons experience.
Good number of people are infected during the immunization process and become ill before they acquire immunity.
Takes about a week following second shot for immune development.
As I recall he tested pos but felt fine.
Bad test result?
If he felt fine but tested pos that is what is expected from the vaccine.

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
Nanita

There is a distinct difference in the Covid vaccine and other drugs. For one thing people have no recourse if it turns out that one of the Vaccines causes many problems, possibly up to death because they have been given absolution for any problems.
Secondly would be the speed of rolling it out in at least one case where animal testing was skipped and then the 1st and 2nd phases of human testing was combined into just one testing.
Maybe you trust Big Pharma, I do not - You are more than welcome to any vaccine slated for me.

Reactions: jd426

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
There have been no reports of severe side effects following Sputnik V vaccination.
Over 1.6 million jabs dolled out with only mild side effects in the 1% vaccinated.

There have been no reports of severe side effects following Sputnik V vaccination.
Over 1.6 million jabs dolled out with only mild side effects in the 1% vaccinated.

Russia has developed the only perfect vaccine for Coronavirus with no "reports" of severe side effects.
North Korea "reports" zero cases.
Both events are not possible in the real world.
Both take place under dictatorships.
Propaganda, plain and simple.

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
I totally agree. Let's shield or vaccinate the vulnerable and open everything up.

Somehow, I have a feeling that's what the DR is going to do. We can already see a future glimpse of relaxing the curfew next week.

If lockdowns work, why is the virus still spreading? It might be slowing down the spread slightly, but at what cost?
"Open everything up. It's been proven that young people do not die from covid unless they have preexisting conditions."

I too have been saying this for months. The damage done to population/businesses is much more damaging than the Virus (once again for those of you that like to misquote me I am NOT saying the virus doesn't exist and that people can die from it)
I posted to the opponents of opening up the case of Colombia which from March - Sept had a 24/7 shut down ( allowed once a week to get out based on the last number of their cedula) for the majority of the population and yet in July they had a big spike in cases but I never got a response other than barrios not obeying the curfew which, even if true would not have been enough to cause the spike.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Russia has developed the only perfect vaccine for Coronavirus with no "reports" of severe side effects.
North Korea "reports" zero cases.
Both events are not possible in the real world.
Both take place under dictatorships.
Propaganda, plain and simple.
The UK has examined the Sputnik vaccine and followed the science used in testing and believe it is both safe and effective. Did you ever stop to think that you are listening to too much American propaganda. Russia is a semi-dictatorship, totally different than NK, plus Russian medical research is very good. Top notch education system.

Reactions: jd426 and Garyexpat

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
For what it's worth poster,
nanita...
your postings WERE appreciated.
Do not let this Brit Former Fly Guy disrupt your communications. He's stuck in a world that does not exist any longer.
As well, most of them are full of shite to begin with.
You, not so.
Carry on!
Oh, real big guy behind your anonymity aren't you? Would you care to say that to my face? I somewhat doubt that. Most of your posts are downright drivel anyway.

keep calm and carry on!

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Comparing a couple of hundred cases worldwide after vaccination campaigns to the couple hundred thousand cases before.......

<< Shakes head slowly >>

Unbelievable...Having several family members who had polio as kid, laughable.

Bye bye Pequenita :sneaky:

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
The UK has examined the Sputnik vaccine and followed the science used in testing and believe it is both safe and effective. Did you ever stop to think that you are listening to too much American propaganda. Russia is a semi-dictatorship, totally different than NK, plus Russian medical research is very good. Top notch education system.
Have the UK used the Sputnik ?

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Back on topic - somewhat.

Larry King is the latest victim of Covid.

No surprise there. According to the media and government info all deaths since last March have been from covid. It has replaced cancer, heart diesese, lung diesese, all other viruses combined, some traffic accidents and the list goes on and on.

It's time to stop the stupidity. As several of us have said, protect the vulnerable and elderly but life has to go on.

Reactions: Big
Status
Not open for further replies.