President Abinader says he is in line to get vaccinated when it’s his turn

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Luis-Abinader-vacuna-Covid-N-Digital-e1613562577668.png

President Luis Abinader and First Lady Raquel Arbaje say they will get vaccinated when it is their turn. According to the schedule, Abinader would be vaccinated from May to July. His wife would be vaccinated from August to December.

Both Abinader and his wife tested positive for Covid-19 in June 2020, shortly before the election day on 7 July. The Abinaders say they have the protective antibodies. They explain there are others for whom the vaccination is more important.

President Abinader says that he will follow the National Vaccination schedule. In January 2021, the President had said he and his wife would get vaccinated to generate confidence in the population. At the time, there were expectations that millions of vaccines would arrive in time for vaccinations in January 2021.

Vaccines are only trickling in to the Dominican Republic. The first...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Reactions: Carl.L

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Why, he asked suspiciously, would anyone with "protective antibodies" take a vaccine?
President Abinader says that he will follow the National Vaccination schedule. In January 2021, the President had said he and his wife would get vaccinated to generate confidence in the population.

Asked and answered ‼️

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
No one with Half a Brain who HAS ANTIBODIES would EVER take the Vaccine ...
It is an absolutely ridiculous thing to do .
But I have no doubt he wants his people to have confidence in it .
No way they take the Vaccine though .. they would be complete idiots .

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013

I totally agree, people with half a brain will not get vaccinated ...... The ones with a full one, on the other hand......

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
I totally agree, people with half a brain will not get vaccinated ...... The ones with a full one, on the other hand......
I'm curious why you left out the most important part ,, the part about Antibodies ...

or are you agreeing with me ? or is it just a reading comprehension issue .

• Sad

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Hey remember that old saying/ question " when you look for something, why is it always in the LAST place you LOOK for it ?..

Lemme know if you need help with it ..

• Haha

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
I really wish that people would think before they post in the news threads! Sly allusions, jokes and "witty repartee" are just not conducive civil discussion.

You know better.

richgelber

Jun 13, 2018
wrong! the antibodies diminish rapidly.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Actually you do not have to listen to Dominican politicians about this.
Plenty of medical knowledge available for those with full brains that use them for education.
People gonna disagree about this issue.
Talking smack about others not gonna change a thing.
Arm chair quarterbacking is easy.
As is making policy when you have never sat in the big chair ‼️

Reactions: johne

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Mr AE and I received the moderna vaccine. No one asked us if we’ve already had Covid. They were only interested in the past month (if we were exposed, had any symptoms, etc). I think it’s meaningless.

richgelber

Jun 13, 2018
That is not proven. They do sometimes and other times no. My wifes cousin who had Covid in Brooklyn at the beginning of January just arrived here and he got his first shot of Moderna just before leaving.
I had numerous blood tests following my Covid-19. After 7 or 8 months there was only a trace of antibodies. I think each person reacts differently, but the vaccine is needed ( if you want it).

Reactions: bob saunders