Is it just me or are you nervous about taking the chinese vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
Nobody should be allowed to force anyone to either take or deny taking a vaccine. That is a personal choice that should be made between you and after consultation with your primary care physician.......not a doctor who comes on television and tells you the best vaccine you can get is the one you can get.

That kind of advice, without knowing the medical history of the individual, is akin to typing in symptoms on an internet medical website and coming up with a diagnosis and treatment.

The RD will likely never require a vaccine to leave, nor will most countries likely require its citizens be required to have one to enter back into their home country....a negative COVID test notwithstanding.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

I come from a country where we have a regulatory authority that oversees the safety of vaccines and medicines, so I never have a problem with taking a vaccine. Maybe the DR does not,have a regullatory body, that is was why I said earlier that I would not have a vaccine that has not been approved in the Us or Europe.

Jan 9, 2004
The airline industry want the vaccine passport and most countries are considering it. More and more countries in Europe are now saying when they open up to tourism you will need a vaccine to visit. It's likely we will need a vaccine passport for international travel. If the DR wants it's tourism industry back it will probably fall into line
Airlines are not countries, but I understand your point....................I cannot speak to what other countries may do/require, but the US has a long legal/religious history of not forcing vaccines on people......and therefore there is not likely to be a requirement for a vaccine.

If DR wants its tourism industry back............it will NOT fall into line for the foreseeable future. The tourism industry in the DR cannot withstand another year like 2020. There is no vaccine approval for young people under 18, and to restrict entry without a vaccine passport to them and by extension families with children, would further cripple an already fragile tourist economy.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
Airlines are not countries, but I understand your point....................I cannot speak to what other countries may do/require, but the US has a long legal/religious history of not forcing vaccines on people......and therefore there is not likely to be a requirement for a vaccine.

If DR wants its tourism industry back............it will NOT fall into line for the foreseeable future. The tourism industry in the DR cannot withstand another year like 2020. There is no vaccine approval for young people under 18, and to restrict entry without a vaccine passport to them and by extension families with children, would further cripple an already fragile tourist economy.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

If the airlines require it the RD will have to fall into line, they have fallen into line with the testing requirements. You need to read up on the vaccine passport, under 18's travelling with vaccinated adults are exempt

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013

So the way I see it, when EU introduces that passport, if they do it, anyone traveling from the DR needs to test negative even if they had the vaccine, as that vaccine "does not exist" there... So for EU, whoever has the Chines vaccine, does not have a vaccine... Wondering if the US will introduce something similar?

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010

So the way I see it, when EU introduces that passport, if they do it, anyone traveling from the DR needs to test negative even if they had the vaccine, as that vaccine "does not exist" there... So for EU, whoever has the Chines vaccine, does not have a vaccine... Wondering if the US will introduce something similar?

your post is a bit confusing, if you are asking will you still need a test to get on a flight the answer would be no. The passport is to replace testing and quarantine

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
your post is a bit confusing, if you are asking will you still need a test to get on a flight the answer would be no. The passport is to replace testing and quarantine

My post was not a question, just thinking out loud... As said, no idea about the US, but what you say above, is actually contradicting:

"will you still need a test to get on a flight the answer would be no"

"The passport is to replace testing"

The point is that the vaccine they have here in the DR is not valid for the passport, so as far as I understand, it cannot replace testing... So this is for the EU only...

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Since Sinovac is not an approved vaccine in the EU, will people still need to test negative despite being vaccinated with Sinovac before being allowed to fly to the EU is the question.

Reactions: josh2203

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013

"A proposal to introduce so-called "vaccine passports", to be put forward on March 17th to aid free movement within the bloc, will only be valid with EMA-approved vaccinations.

Why? Because the vaccinations from unapproved companies will not be covered by the EU liability clause and quality control."

Jan 9, 2004
If the airlines require it the RD will have to fall into line, they have fallen into line with the testing requirements. You need to read up on the vaccine passport, under 18's travelling with vaccinated adults are exempt
Vaccine passports mean absolutely nothing other than you have been vaccinated.

As has been said above, countries cannot even decide which vaccine, if any, will be acceptable. If you want to cripple air travel..........then a vaccine passport coupled with a denial of entry for those that do not have, or will not take, the vaccine is the way to do it.

They (vaccine passports) will never be allowed as a reason for denying citizens the right to enter the US. They may be accepted to show you were vaccinated, but not a means to deny entry if you have not. And, the vaccine is still no guarantee against getting the virus.

Covid testing for entry, on the other hand, is and should be the standard until the pandemic has subsided.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

As has been said above, countries cannot even decide which vaccine, if any, will be acceptable. If you want to cripple air travel..........then a vaccine passport coupled with a denial of entry for those that do not have, or will not take, the vaccine is the way to do it.

They (vaccine passports) will never be allowed as a reason for denying citizens the right to enter the US. They may be accepted to show you were vaccinated, but not a means to deny entry if you have not. And, the vaccine is still no guarantee against getting the virus.

Covid testing for entry, on the other hand, is and should be the standard until the pandemic has subsided.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
Countries and airlines may or may not get this point. We will see in the upcoming months.

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
My post was not a question, just thinking out loud... As said, no idea about the US, but what you say above, is actually contradicting:

"will you still need a test to get on a flight the answer would be no"

"The passport is to replace testing"

The point is that the vaccine they have here in the DR is not valid for the passport, so as far as I understand, it cannot replace testing... So this is for the EU only...

Israel, Austrailia , New Zealand and China are all introducing the vaccine passport. The UK is probably and we are not in the EU

Reactions: Carl.L

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Covid testing and quarantine will never be the answer. The testing is to open to abuse. I wanna get on a flight where everyone is vaccinated. I think most people want this, See what happens

Reactions: drstock and Carl.L

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

It may be used to stop you getting on a flight though. Before you even get to the USA

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
Air travel in the UK is crippled now, with testing and quarantine in place. That's why we want vaccine passport

Jan 9, 2004
It may be used to stop you getting on a flight though. Before you even get to the USA
That will be a determination made by individual airlines.............and I sincerely doubt you will ever see a requirement by any US carrier that disallows boarding and return to the US because you have not been vaccinated or do not have a vaccine passport showing you were vaccinated..................

............For not having a negative covid test...YES.........and that could be electronically loaded onto the passport.

...........For not having the vaccine.........NO.........for legal/medical/religious grounds.

Not going to happen........regardless of what other countries may seek to do..........

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Reactions: NanSanPedro

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
That will be a determination made by individual airlines.............and I sincerely doubt you will ever see a requirement by any US carrier that disallows boarding and return to the US because you have not been vaccinated or do not have a vaccine passport showing you were vaccinated..................

............For not having a negative covid test...YES.........and that could be electronically loaded onto the passport.

...........For not having the vaccine.........NO.........for legal/medical/religious grounds.

Not going to happen........regardless of what other countries may seek to do..........

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

there have been loads of posts in the last year saying never gonna happen on various subjects to do with the coronavirus pandemic, and what happened. It did happen. So we will see.

Carl.L

Banned
Oct 20, 2020
yes

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
It's already happened. They figured out a workaround quickly and easily and made the airlines be the bad guy LOL

No Covid test you're not getting on the plane from wherever you are outside of the US. It's been posted about and discussed ad nauseum. Worse getting into other countries. Canada for example requires different and less available tests than for the US and of course they also enforce the 14 day quarantine as well as that whole 3 day hotel stay thing.

Jan 9, 2004
It's already happened. They figured out a workaround quickly and easily and made the airlines be the bad guy LOL

No Covid test you're not getting on the plane from wherever you are outside of the US. It's been posted about and discussed ad nauseum. Worse getting into other countries. Canada for example requires different and less available tests than for the US and of course they also enforce the 14 day quarantine as well as that whole 3 day hotel stay thing.

A test for COVID is NOT a vaccine passport, as a test for COVID is NOT even a vaccine....so a vaccine passport has not happened and will not happen as a barrier to entry to the US by its citizens........no matter what spin you wish to give it.

And it likely never will, for the reasons cited previously.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

• Sad
Reactions: jd426 and Carl.L

Carl.L

Banned
Oct 20, 2020
yes
A test for COVID is NOT a vaccine passport, as a test for COVID is NOT even a vaccine....so a vaccine passport has not happened and will not happen as a barrier to entry to the US by its citizens........no matter what spin you wish to give it.

And it likely never will, for the reasons cited previously.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
Enough with the semantics. I posted there are already practical workarounds that will checkmate any that try to to comply.

You may be able to return to the US, or not or not easily, but you will not be able to get into places that do take the next step and institute proof of vaccination as an entry requirement. I see the EU, England, possibly Canada as just a few and can foresee many Asian countries as well making it a requirement.

You can post over and over about your opinion that it will never happen but there are many ways to stop the unvaccinated from easy, practical travel, and I'm ALL FOR IT ;)

• Haha
Reactions: jd426
Jan 9, 2004
Enough with the semantics. I posted there are already practical workarounds that will checkmate any that try to to comply.

You may be able to return to the US, or not or not easily, but you will not be able to get into places that do take the next step and institute proof of vaccination as an entry requirement. I see the EU, England, possibly Canada as just a few and can foresee many Asian countries as well making it a requirement.

You can post over and over about your opinion that it will never happen but there are many ways to stop the unvaccinated from easy, practical travel, and I'm ALL FOR IT ;)

Semantics?

Ah yes, the difference between a COVID test and a vaccine.....mere semantics lol.

And you are free to post over and over again that it will happen.....and I will submit there will be no vaccine passport required, indicating a citizen has been vaccinated before they are allowed entry into the US, a COVID test is already required....but it is not a vaccine.....no matter how many times you invoke the word semantics..

The discussion you decided to step into involves that issue....nothing more and nothing less.

I await your post announcing something different regarding the US.....but know that never is a very long time.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Status
Not open for further replies.