Is it just me or are you nervous about taking the chinese vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carl.L

Banned
Oct 20, 2020
yes
Semantics?

Ah yes, the difference between a COVID test and a vaccine.....mere semantics lol.

And you are free to post over and over again that it will happen.....and I will submit there will be no vaccine passport required, indicating a citizen has been vaccinated before they are allowed entry into the US, a COVID test is already required....but it is not a vaccine.....no matter how many times you invoke the word semantics..

The discussion you decided to step into involves that issue....nothing more and nothing less.

I await your post announcing something different regarding the US.....but know that never is a very long time.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
You are of course welcome to your opinion. I suggest we wait and see what actually happens, unless you're going to insist, like others here (...do you feel a breeze???) on repeatedly forcing your unfounded opinion into threads in the hope of drowning out everyone else.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
My post was not a question, just thinking out loud... As said, no idea about the US, but what you say above, is actually contradicting:

"will you still need a test to get on a flight the answer would be no"

"The passport is to replace testing"

The point is that the vaccine they have here in the DR is not valid for the passport, so as far as I understand, it cannot replace testing... So this is for the EU only...
How do you know the sinovac vaccine wouldn't be acceptable for the passport?

Reactions: drstock
Jan 9, 2004
You are of course welcome to your opinion.

And you yours.
I suggest we wait and see what actually happens,
Good idea. How long is never?

unless you're going to insist, like others here (...do you feel a breeze???) on repeatedly forcing your unfounded opinion into threads in the hope of drowning out everyone else.
Unfounded opinion?

Now you are deflecting.

How does one have an unfounded Opinion............and who gets to decide it was unfounded?

No one has drowned you out as your posts/posting will attest..............so that claim fails ab initio.

A vaccine passport used to deny entry may be allowed/instituted in certain countries, I certainly hope not.................but it will never happen in the US to US citizens to deny them re-entry to their own country.

And if the DR were to institute such a requirement that no entry will be allowed without a vaccine passport showing immunization...............they will have taken a giant step to kill their own tourism economy...............as many tourists may not be vaccinated for at least another year and/or those not vaccinated will seek easier entry destinations like Mexico.

And no one has yet addressed which vaccines might be considered as not sufficient based on efficacy to receive a so-called vaccine passport. Certainly the Chinese vaccine comes to mind with its lower efficacy ratings.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
Airlines are not countries, but I understand your point....................I cannot speak to what other countries may do/require, but the US has a long legal/religious history of not forcing vaccines on people......and therefore there is not likely to be a requirement for a vaccine.

If DR wants its tourism industry back............it will NOT fall into line for the foreseeable future. The tourism industry in the DR cannot withstand another year like 2020. There is no vaccine approval for young people under 18, and to restrict entry without a vaccine passport to them and by extension families with children, would further cripple an already fragile tourist economy.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

There is no mandatory vaccination in the UK by law since 1889. Has not stopped BA introducing the vaccine passport, ahead of any government advice. What makes you think AA or others won't do the same. It's going to be buisness that decides not governments

Reactions: Carl.L

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
And you yours.

Good idea. How long is never?

Unfounded opinion?

Now you are deflecting.

How does one have an unfounded Opinion............and who gets to decide it was unfounded?

No one has drowned you out as your posts/posting will attest..............so that claim fails ab initio.

A vaccine passport used to deny entry may be allowed/instituted in certain countries, I certainly hope not.................but it will never happen in the US to US citizens to deny them re-entry to their own country.

And if the DR were to institute such a requirement that no entry will be allowed without a vaccine passport showing immunization...............they will have taken a giant step to kill their own tourism economy...............as many tourists may not be vaccinated for at least another year and/or those not vaccinated will seek easier entry destinations like Mexico.

And no one has yet addressed which vaccines might be considered as not sufficient based on efficacy to receive a so-called vaccine passport. Certainly the Chinese vaccine comes to mind with its lower efficacy ratings.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

You could turn that around and say it could be a huge tourist boom for the DR lot's of vaccinated seniors with lots of disposable income. The hotel association are getting all the resort staff vaccinated. July. Could be a huge marketing opportunity. The UK is hoping to have all adults first dose by July. Most of the young crowd hit Cancun anyway

Jan 9, 2004
There is no mandatory vaccination in the UK by law since 1889. Has not stopped BA introducing the vaccine passport, ahead of any government advice. What makes you think AA or others won't do the same. It's going to be buisness that decides not governments
The vaccine passport BA is attempting to introduce only shows that one has been vaccinated.......nowhere in the proposal does it state that failure to have a "vaccine passport" will not allow you to fly. It is all bark and no bite........much like junk food...............all calories no substance.

And all that does, if accepted by the myriad of countries affected, perhaps allows those passengers not to be quarantined. It does not refuse to fly them....and for good reason. If it did it would cripple its business AND be violative of a myriad of international laws and treaties.

Further, the day BA announces that they will not fly passengers who do not have a "vaccine passport" is likely the day they lose their most financially lucrative route of London/NYC, as regulators in the US inform them that what they are doing is discriminatory, duplicitous and violative of US law.

A myriad of airlines have gone bankrupt in 2020 and many still operating are on the ropes financially. This proposal sounds nice and may placate many, but it really does little beyond the currently in force negative COVID test.

Try as they might a "vaccine passport" will only inform..............not dictate.

Try as they might, in this case, the tail is not going to wag the dog.

The DR is expecting a long overdue surge of tourists this summer, the last thing they want are the airlines arbitrarily refusing to fly people because they do not have a "vaccine passport."

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I think there is a legitimate concern about which vaccine(s) will be accepted by this passport scheme.

If a vaccine is not approved in a certain country - like Sinovac - will it be considered as proof of vaccination?

I asked Jet Blue last week if a vaccinated flyer still needed a negative test to board-
The answer was 'Yes'...... no changes yet to the rules they said.

Many travelers have been denied boarding to Cdn and US flights.
Indeed , those countries are stopping their citizens from entering.
UK has strict rules about residents leaving the country.

We'll see how it all sorts out.

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
The vaccine passport BA is attempting to introduce only shows that one has been vaccinated.......nowhere in the proposal does it state that failure to have a "vaccine passport" will not allow you to fly. It is all bark and no bite........much like junk food...............all calories no substance.

And all that does, if accepted by the myriad of countries affected, perhaps allows those passengers not to be quarantined. It does not refuse to fly them....and for good reason. If it did it would cripple its business AND be violative of a myriad of international laws and treaties.

Further, the day BA announces that they will not fly passengers who do not have a "vaccine passport" is likely the day they lose their most financially lucrative route of London/NYC, as regulators in the US inform them that what they are doing is discriminatory, duplicitous and violative of US law.

A myriad of airlines have gone bankrupt in 2020 and many still operating are on the ropes financially. This proposal sounds nice and may placate many, but it really does little beyond the currently in force negative COVID test.

Try as they might a "vaccine passport" will only inform..............not dictate.

Try as they might, in this case, the tail is not going to wag the dog.

The DR is expecting a long overdue surge of tourists this summer, the last thing they want are the airlines arbitrarily refusing to fly people because they do not have a "vaccine passport."

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

The money talk and most people I talk to want to get on a flight that excludes unvaccinated. I think your protests will be ignored

Jan 9, 2004
The money talk and most people I talk to want to get on a flight that excludes unvaccinated. I think your protests will be ignored
I want world peace.............neither of which is on the horizon. If such is their case and they refuse to fly with non-vaccinated passengers, crew or pets, then they likely will not be flying for a very very long time.

And for purposes of answering the OP's original question.....................no, I will not be getting the Chinese vaccine...........or the Sputnik.............or the AZ.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
I want world peace.............neither of which is on the horizon. If such is their case and they refuse to fly with non-vaccinated passengers, crew or pets, then they likely will not be flying for a very very long time.

And for purposes of answering the OP's original question.....................no, I will not be getting the Chinese vaccine...........or the Sputnik.............or the AZ.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Getting back to reality. Vaccine passports are more on the horizon than world peace is.

Jan 9, 2004
Getting back to reality. Vaccine passports are more on the horizon than world peace is.

Tested....Yes (that already exists)...............Vaccination required to travel.............No.

The key word is may..................makes for a nice story though.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Reactions: mobrouser

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
I’ll be more worried for this:

Attachments

• B990D86F-1BFB-4010-80E7-C33CE2BF9FB3.jpeg
    B990D86F-1BFB-4010-80E7-C33CE2BF9FB3.jpeg
    765.9 KB · Views: 133
  • 44E8A106-43F7-409E-A251-91F5D31FD318.jpeg
    44E8A106-43F7-409E-A251-91F5D31FD318.jpeg
    386.4 KB · Views: 132

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I do not think anything medical is 100% safe for everyone all the time. Not anesthesia, not most invasive medical procedures, not all vaccines, not all medications. We know many of the risks of catching covid-19. Those who are especially vulnerable know who they are. You have to weigh the risk vs the benefits of being vaccinated for both yourself and to some extent other people in society and make your decision based on the information you have regarding any particular vaccine available to you. I'm firmly in the vulnerable camp and do believe that some protection is better than none. The Sinovac vaccine may not have the best track record at preventing Covid infection but the data does seem to suggest that this vaccine does offer some protection and may mitigate the seriousness of any covid infection you do get. Will this be the same for all people who get the Sinovac shot? No of course not. Will this be the same for those who get a different vaccine? No not them either. Is any vaccine side effect risk free for everyone, no I do not think so. But overall, most people will get some benefit from the vaccine without any major complications. Unlike the lottery where very few win and most lose, these vaccines seem to offer most a bit of a win and just a few a bad deal, like everything else medical. Just like rolling the dice with Covid. The disease is not supposed to kill the young and the middle aged, yet it does sometimes.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
USA has reached a new COVID milestone: 1 in 600 residents dead Source: Worldometers' count.

Which do you worry more about? The vaccine or the killer Virus????????????

Drperson

Sep 19, 2008
USA has reached a new COVID milestone: 1 in 600 residents dead Source: Worldometers' count.

Which do you worry more about? The vaccine or the killer Virus????????????
I wonder if obesity in the USA is a factor.Walk around Walmart for a few minutes and form your opinion

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Status
Not open for further replies.