North Coast Covid-19 Vaccination Sites - Who, What, When & Where

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kricke87

Feb 16, 2021
Sosúa
Was in Puerta Plata today and decided to check out the vaccination place behind the Bombera. I was in and out in 20 minutes. A few people sitting around and waiting to get in or waiting after-jab for the OK to leave. They are SOOOOOO well organized there. Might be busier on the weekend but at 1::30 in the afternoon today it was so unbelievably quick.
Doesn't surprise me, as that is the "regular" place to get any other vaccinations. I went there with both my kids to get their respective vaccines. So they should be "pros".
I also noticed some information being spread around, that if you accompany anyone over 80, you would also get vaccinated, even though it's not your turn.
I guess they just want to get on with it. So instead of having vaccines sitting around and nobody taking them, if you get there and see that there isn't a lot of people I would try. As I don't think they want the vaccines to get spoiled, just because there are a lot of "locals" who don't want to take them.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Am i to understand that hypertension is a condition whereby it is not recomnended to receive the vaccine?
Just the opposite I believe. If you have high blood pressure the virus is an increased risk for you, but I am not a doctor.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Whirleybird and others - do NOT go to Los Brazos or Jamao today or tomorrow for the vaccine. Although last week they said that they would vaccinate us on Monday or Tuesday (and I have messages from the doctor responsible for the clinics saying so), he now says that this week they will vaccinate the teachers and not us......and the Strength for the Journey teachers (who have teaching degrees) are not included.

I guess I had given Jamao too much credit. All week, the team sat around twiddling their thumbs because nobody was there, but even so, they feel like little kinds because they have the almighty vaccine and they are making the rules.

I typically am extremely patient with the backward, cumbersome processes here in Jamao. But this is too much! I will wait until the next time the medical personnel here ask to borrow the Strength for the Journey truck again. And I will remind them of this.

If anything changes (and it always does), I will let you know.
Did you give a list of your teachers to the district for vaccination?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Am i to understand that hypertension is a condition whereby it is not recomnended to receive the vaccine?
No hypertension is one of the conditions that allow you to get it if you are under the age. You qualify anyway by age. I took my 85 year old mother in law to the public hospital here in Jarabacoa and they vaccinated her, me, and the maid who is only 28. Very organized. Three people filling in paperwork, one nurse giving the shots and one person monitoring and keep track of those post vaccination for signs of problems.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Whirleybird and others - do NOT go to Los Brazos or Jamao today or tomorrow for the vaccine. Although last week they said that they would vaccinate us on Monday or Tuesday (and I have messages from the doctor responsible for the clinics saying so), he now says that this week they will vaccinate the teachers and not us......and the Strength for the Journey teachers (who have teaching degrees) are not included.

I guess I had given Jamao too much credit. All week, the team sat around twiddling their thumbs because nobody was there, but even so, they feel like little kinds because they have the almighty vaccine and they are making the rules.

I typically am extremely patient with the backward, cumbersome processes here in Jamao. But this is too much! I will wait until the next time the medical personnel here ask to borrow the Strength for the Journey truck again. And I will remind them of this.

If anything changes (and it always does), I will let you know.
Well, funny (not haha) that you should say that Lindsey as I have just returned home about half an hour ago. Having found the place where they were issuing the vaccines this afternoon, I was ushered to the table, asked to handover my cedula and the paperwork was all completed for me by Manuel. There were no other people waiting. I was then taken to the room, got my vaccine, sat for the compulsory 15 minutes to make sure I had no reaction then left with my card showing that I will receive the 2nd dose on 8th April.

All was very efficient and friendly and the lady (don't have her name) said she was a good friend of yours and they would be open again from 9 am tomorrow at El Club!

Aug 21, 2007
Well, funny (not haha) that you should say that Lindsey as I have just returned home about half an hour ago. Having found the place where they were issuing the vaccines this afternoon, I was ushered to the table, asked to handover my cedula and the paperwork was all completed for me by Manuel. There were no other people waiting. I was then taken to the room, got my vaccine, sat for the compulsory 15 minutes to make sure I had no reaction then left with my card showing that I will receive the 2nd dose on 8th April.

All was very efficient and friendly and the lady (don't have her name) said she was a good friend of yours and they would be open again from 9 am tomorrow at El Club!
Honestly?! Wonder why I am given a different story. Seems as if the communication here is not working! But that is typical for Jamao. Maybe I will go down the road right now and see if I can be vaccinated. Thanks for letting me know.

amordecanada

Jul 19, 2014
Hypertension puts you at greater risk of having severe covid-19. It means you should be prioritized to get the vaccine. (This would be the 60+ group with comorbidities.) When it was 70+ first getting vaccinated

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I just got the Chinese vaccine at the clinica in Los Brazos between Sabaneta and Jamao. In and out in less than half an hour. No appointment was needed there. They gave me a card and I go back in a month. They will only give the vaccine to citizens and residents with a cedula.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Doesn't surprise me, as that is the "regular" place to get any other vaccinations. I went there with both my kids to get their respective vaccines. So they should be "pros".
I also noticed some information being spread around, that if you accompany anyone over 80, you would also get vaccinated, even though it's not your turn.
I guess they just want to get on with it. So instead of having vaccines sitting around and nobody taking them, if you get there and see that there isn't a lot of people I would try. As I don't think they want the vaccines to get spoiled, just because there are a lot of "locals" who don't want to take them.
Excellent use of a person over 80.

• Haha
Reactions: drstock
Aug 21, 2007
I just got the Chinese vaccine at the clinica in Los Brazos between Sabaneta and Jamao. In and out in less than half an hour. No appointment was needed there. They gave me a card and I go back in a month. They will only give the vaccine to citizens and residents with a cedula.
Are they giving it to those younger than 70?

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
As per my post # 85, I got my vaccine in Jamao. I was driven there by my worker, Tuly, and he was told he could also have the vaccine for accompanying me (I'm only 70!) but, unfortunately, he did not have his cedula with him.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
As per my post # 85, I got my vaccine in Jamao. I was driven there by my worker, Tuly, and he was told he could also have the vaccine for accompanying me (I'm only 70!) but, unfortunately, he did not have his cedula with him.
Everyone is supposed to carry there cedula at all times.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
More vaccine doses arriving yesterday and the resumption of the vaccine roll out tomorrow in this country is good news for those waiting for their first injection and those wondering if there would be stock available for their second injection.

I assume it is not necessary to book an appointment online for the 2nd injection. Anyone know for sure if the process is to just return to where you got your first dose with the vaccine certificate or does one need to jump through different hoops?

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
More vaccine doses arriving yesterday and the resumption of the vaccine roll out tomorrow in this country is good news for those waiting for their first injection and those wondering if there would be stock available for their second injection.

I assume it is not necessary to book an appointment online for the 2nd injection. Anyone know for sure if the process is to just return to where you got your first dose with the vaccine certificate or does one need to jump through different hoops?
Good. I have been unlucky in my attempts to be vaccinated. I heard that some of the more "out of town" places still had some, so yesterday I went to Sabaneta, Los Brazos and Jamao without any luck. I was told they were available at Gaspar Hernandez and Joba Arriba, but I decided to stop wasting petrol at that point. They did say that what they had in stock was being saved for second vaccinations, so I imagine you would just go back to the original site on the date you were given.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete

I was told all I needed to do for the second shot was to present the vaccination card they gave me and I could go to any vaccination site I wanted.

Reactions: bob saunders

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Does anyone have information on whether there will be additional Covid vaccination clinics held in Sosua? If you have a source that knows when, where and who qualifies that would be super helpful. Thank you in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.