Migracion Bus Full of Haitians in Sosua Abajo today

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Just drove back into the Sosua area from the Puerto Plata side of the main highway and there was a Migracion Bus nearly full of Haitians and a pickup truck with one more in the back. They turned into Maranatha to round up more.

Reactions: Caonabo

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
They are also working along the southern tier this morning, specifically, La Romana.

Feb 7, 2007
O

Oh no, not just Haitians again!! When will they start to collect all of the illegal over stayers??
I guess if the Haitians had money to pay the overstay fee when they leave they would leave them alone. But they never leave, and if they do, they never pay the fee and prefer transit through the mountains. At least the illegal ones.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I guess if the Haitians had money to pay the overstay fee when they leave they would leave them alone. But they never leave, and if they do, they never pay the fee and prefer transit through the mountains. At least the illegal ones.
They couldn't pay an overstay fee if they wanted to. They entered illegally.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
It was reported the other day on "Dominican Today" that Haitians wanting to buy visas to enter the DR legally are now being charged US$450. That's a lot of money for a Haitian working in, say, construction. No wonder they enter illegally.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
It was reported the other day on "Dominican Today" that Haitians wanting to buy visas to enter the DR legally are now being charged US$450. That's a lot of money for a Haitian working in, say, construction. No wonder they enter illegally.

I'm paying $300 now in Cap Haitien for visas for people. I have bought 4 and the price did just go up to that. It used to be $150/person.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
I told a Haitian friend of mine about this and she just said "No es verdad". So there you go. It seems that not everything you read is true. What a surprise!

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
They normally round them up here in Santiago early in the morning when they're going to work between 5:30am - 7:30am. I've seen it happen a few times. Pack'em in like pigs on their way to a slaughter house... women, children too.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
They're certainly not ALL illegal. I've met many people from Haiti, legally in the DR with visas in their passports.
Of course. Haitians can apply for a tourist visa and come here legally. Some do. Some have work visas. Those that have visas and came here legally won't be deported.

Reactions: Michael DR