Problems with Vaccines.. past and present.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros

Attachments

• 5FAC49D8-E0BF-4A95-B96C-68EEC9A8190D.jpeg
    5FAC49D8-E0BF-4A95-B96C-68EEC9A8190D.jpeg
    629.4 KB · Views: 95

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
With the best vaccine so far, Pfizer, falling so far in efficacy against the Delta India Bravo (my politically incorrect name for it) Scariant, I am afraid that herd immunity is a pipe dream.

Last edited by a moderator:

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Any word if Sinovac is better against the Delta version?:D

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
It might just be time to open everything up and let the chips fall where they may. Nah, not gonna happen.

Linda Stapleton

Jun 3, 2003
It might just be time to open everything up and let the chips fall where they may. Nah, not gonna happen.
That's pretty much what my country, the UK, is going to be doing in less than 2 weeks despite rising infections, so we can watch how that works.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
That's pretty much what my country, the UK, is going to be doing in less than 2 weeks despite rising infections, so we can watch how that works.
It has become the only logical thing to do. Time to move on and natural selection will carry on from there. Wanna wear a mask for years to come? Go ahead.

I have grave doubts the DR will even relax curfews over the coming months. Different strokes ... Let us see what the allegedly to be massive protests in Santo Trafficjam brings.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
It has become the only logical thing to do. Time to move on and natural selection will carry on from there. Wanna wear a mask for years to come? Go ahead.

I have grave doubts the DR will even relax curfews over the coming months. Different strokes ... Let us see what the allegedly to be massive protests in Santo Trafficjam brings.
Open everthing up... in 2 weeks so our Pfizer booster sets in. Then let Darwin go to work.
Still will wear masks and be mindful of crowds.
Wife looking at visiting daughter and family in Ca. next month.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009

I am deeply touched ... Some of you are actually coming over to the Dark side..
using that Logic and Critical Thinking , God gave us all ..

God Bless, and God help us all ...

Let the Big Guy Decide ...

WELCOME Brother .......

• Sad
Reactions: Yes Alfredo

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016

WELCOME Brother .......

Guess the big guy is going to decide.
Dark side? Sorry but WTF?

We all have access to facts of several sources. We all have options and are free to choose.

Darwin at work again? Still?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

WELCOME Brother .......
I was always on that side since I knew from day one that CV19 is here, there, and everywhere to stay. Such as it is with pandemics past, present and future.

I only reported facts, which people sometimes interpret as opinions. That is a fault in others ability to analyze situations.

Tarheel

Dec 19, 2005
I was always on that side since I knew from day one that CV19 is here, there, and everywhere to stay. Such as it is with pandemics past, present and future.

I only reported facts, which people sometimes interpret as opinions. That is a fault in others ability to analyze situations.
You don't report facts! One example is you say the virus escaped from the Wuhan lab. That is pure speculation. Once again I say you are no expert, just an expat living in the DR.

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
Fun, $$$ and Games,

At least 100 of 613 US athletes unvaccinated as Tokyo Olympics begin​

• USOPC is ‘quite happy’ with number of vaccinated athletes
  • Vaccination is not required for athletes competing at Games
About 100 of the 613 US athletes arriving in Tokyo for the Olympics are unvaccinated, the US Olympic and Paralympic Committee’s medical chief said hours before Friday night’s opening ceremony.

Medical director Jonathan Finnoff said 567 of the American athletes had filled out their health histories as they prepared for the trip, and estimated 83% had replied they were vaccinated.

“Eighty-three percent is actually a substantial number and we’re quite happy with it,” Finnoff said.
Nationally, 56.3% of Americans have received at least one dose of the vaccine, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

While there is discussion about the efficacy of vaccines,
There is not much discussion of No vaccinations.
Obviously most will survive this form of Russian Roulette.

Risk of COVID spread is 'zero', IOC chief says, amid rising cases.​

TOKYO, July 15 (Reuters) - International Olympic Committee President Thomas Bach said on Thursday there was "zero" risk of Games participants infecting Japanese residents with COVID-19, as cases hit a six-month high in the host city.

Follow the inauguration of the Olympic Games in Tokyo and the participation of 62 Dominican athletes in 10 sports on local television on Claro TV. Given the time difference, many of the most important events will be seen on primetime TV much after they have passed.

Republica-Dominicana-en-Tokyo-N-Digital-e1627050411783.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.