North Coast Covid-19 Vaccination Sites - Who, What, When & Where

Status
Not open for further replies.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I think there's a lot of people that think if they haven't gotten the virus by now they never will, or that they've already had a mild case and and are therefore protected. I see more experts saying that if you have had the virus, do not get the vaccine.
What is the current word on how long immunity last after having CV19? And why would a vaccine cause harm to those already infected?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
What is the current word on how long immunity last after having CV19? And why would a vaccine cause harm to those already infected?
The claim is(I can't find the article, but I've read several), that the vaccine(specifically the mRNA vaccines and the vector vaccines) become your primary immune response and suppress or even inhibit your own natural immune response. Those vaccines were engineered to specifically target a certain spike protein in the virus, whereas your natural immune system is more broad based. When a new variant comes along, your protection will be reduced compared to not having gotten the vaccine after already having been previously infected.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The claim is(I can't find the article, but I've read several), that the vaccine(specifically the mRNA vaccines and the vector vaccines) become your primary immune response and suppress or even inhibit your own natural immune response. Those vaccines were engineered to specifically target a certain spike protein in the virus, whereas your natural immune system is more broad based. When a new variant comes along, your protection will be reduced compared to not having gotten the vaccine after already having been previously infected.
Understood. A complex set of potential interactions is possible. Thanks.

In the real world, only time will tell.

Anyone getting vaccinated on the north coast, please post how much demand you see for vaccines. I suspect VERY little.

Vicki G

Mar 26, 2021
Costambar
My husband and I would like to get at least one Phizer shot to supplement our two Sinovac shots. We received both of those in El Javiller, but are having a hard time finding when & where locations in the Puerto Plata area. Anyone know the latest? The government website gives locations but no dates or hours.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
My husband and I would like to get at least one Phizer shot to supplement our two Sinovac shots. We received both of those in El Javiller, but are having a hard time finding when & where locations in the Puerto Plata area. Anyone know the latest? The government website gives locations but no dates or hours.
Jumbo, Daily. NO LINES.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Understood. A complex set of potential interactions is possible. Thanks.

In the real world, only time will tell.

Anyone getting vaccinated on the north coast, please post how much demand you see for vaccines. I suspect VERY little.
Cabrera seems to be going at a moderate pace.....
Initially, line ups..... now several at a times

Pfizer shots being given

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Jumbo today in POP. Pfizer for sure and maybe Si No Vac, No lines for vaccines, just an occasional person.

Long lines to collect remittances at Wester Union right next to the virtually vacant vaccination area.

Reactions: bob saunders

Vicki G

Mar 26, 2021
Costambar
Jumbo today in POP. Pfizer for sure and maybe Si No Vac, No lines for vaccines, just an occasional person.

Long lines to collect remittances at Wester Union right next to the virtually vacant vaccination area.
Also Phizer available at Central Park in POP. No lines.

Vicki G

Mar 26, 2021
Costambar
Is Jumbo still offering Pfizer daily?
They were only offering the Phizer as a booster last time we were there. Central Park was offering Phizer and you could get both shots of Phizer there. We were supposed to go on Monday for shot #2, but not sure if they will be there due to the holiday.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
They were only offering the Phizer as a booster last time we were there. Central Park was offering Phizer and you could get both shots of Phizer there. We were supposed to go on Monday for shot #2, but not sure if they will be there due to the holiday.
Where do you go in Central Park

Status
Not open for further replies.