E-Ticket (Can't enter the DR without this)

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Shoe on the other foot....

Try boarding here w/o your test or w/o signing the 'truth' form..
The one that says you are not lying about your results

No - zero- online check-ins for this country
USA insists

Your MUST have a paper boarding pass.... phone pass don't work
Was told that directly recently at POP

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Until I spoke to a 'person' and said I had the e-ticket.... I could NOT get a boarding pass

Yes - I was denied online for not uploading my form
This has nothing to do with actually getting denied boarding for not having the E Ticket. Does it? You had it. And did you see ANYONE that WAS DENIED boarding for NOT having the E Ticket................

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Shoe on the other foot....

Try boarding here w/o your test or w/o signing the 'truth' form..
The one that says you are not lying about your results

No - zero- online check-ins for this country
USA insists

Your MUST have a paper boarding pass.... phone pass don't work
Was told that directly recently at POP
Yes, the Truth form has NOTHING to do with the E Ticket. It is a form that they give you before you check in. It is real simple, you check a box and sign and date the form and then hand it to the clerk at check in along with your Covid test..............

Reactions: BermudaRum

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Even if it's the passenger at the ticket counter in front of you, how would anyone know whether or not they were denied for not having an E-Ticket?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Even if it's the passenger at the ticket counter in front of you, how would anyone know whether or not they were denied for not having an E-Ticket?
You might hear the screaming from the end of the line.................NEVER HAPPENED.............

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
You might hear the screaming from the end of the line.................NEVER HAPPENED.............
What would there be to scream about? Almost everyone has a data plan. The ticket agent gives you the link to the E-Ticket, you fill it out, and you're on your way.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
We need not make a big deal about this....
the airline will give you the link and advise you.... no ticky- no fly

Simple

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
This has nothing to do with actually getting denied boarding for not having the E Ticket. Does it? You had it. And did you see ANYONE that WAS DENIED boarding for NOT having the E Ticket................
You are smarter than this
YES I was denied until I proved I had it....

very simple..... prove it or no fly...DENIED

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
You are smarter than this
YES I was denied until I proved I had it....

very simple..... prove it or no fly...DENIED
Wrong. You can still do what hundreds of other people do every day. Fill out the blue form. Or was that a secret to you? You said you had it so they asked you to show it. The next step would have been the blue form................-

Reactions: BermudaRum
I am supposed to enter RD tomorrow from europe.
So i filled out their Eticket the other night it was zero problem strangely enough, and i am now awaiting to enter the international airport circus a few hours.
With my past experiences with how POP airport works i expect to see loads/many travellers filling out the standard blue forms, and i am quite certain that none of them will be denied any entrance based on a partially unknown electronical document. I actually expect this Etickety will only increase the obligatoric charming light airport chaos, just like during my many former travels to POP when we only had the blue papers.

Just for information to all, i was not aware of this eticket experiment i noticed this dr1 thread by chance, so if i hadnt been a member of this forum then i would had been one of the many filling out the blueish paper as usual tomorrow.
(With my former personal experience with how things functions in the RD, i dare to claim that there are no chance in hel for RD imigracion would deny me or anyone else entrance for missing a piece of useless data)

I will add my Etickety details here regarding my upcoming voyage as soon as possible, my data will be based on a new travel and not by hear-say.

Reactions: SKY and BermudaRum

DR fan1990

Sep 22, 2020
Canada
I landed in Punta Cana Sunday and I was asked for either the QR code or the paper form. So you can still use both.

I wasn't asked for the code or paper form before boarding though, only after I landed.

Reactions: SKY and BermudaRum

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
I will try to give you my recent experience with entering / departing the DR within the last month.

I arrived in the DR via JFK to STI airport on July 27th with an DR entrada eticket prepared and presented it to the immigration officer. At no time did he even looked at it, however after scanning my BDA passport, all photos and entrada info appeared on the screen, He asked me only to confirm how many days I would be staying, stamped my passport and said; bienvenido. I asked him if I should leave the eticket with him, he said no for me to take it.

Next step after collecting my bags was to stand in a long line with 60 -80 Dominicans waiting to pass thru the scanner to exit. As I waited I could see in the middle of the 2 scanners a group of people filling out the custom form before having their bags scanned. Then there was an custom agent asking everyone in the line if they had an eticket. I raised my paper copy and he took me to the front of the line, scanned my code, and then told me to leave after placing my bags thru the scanner, He gave me back my form, and BINGO out the door...

Fast forward to leaving today the 23rd of August on the redeye 1:55 am flight back to BDA via JFK. Arrived at STI airport early, checked in and the ticket agent looks at my antigen test results, and and takes my US signed form and places it in her draw, the one that everyone is required to present to the airlines to prove a negative covid 19 test has been done within 3 full days of departing. At no time did the agent ask for my salida eticket. She gave me back my lab result form and I was on my way via immigration with boarding cards and passport.

As I approached the immigration station with once again my salida eticket form in hand, I noticed 20-30 travelers to my left at the wall counter filling in the arrival/departure forms by hand. I gave the agent my eticket with passport and again she never even looked at my printed form. Swiped my passport, and again photos and departure details (especially the date) appeared on the screen. She stamped my passport and said; have a safe trip, especially as New York is really bad with storms:eek:

I know mainly STI receives a large % of New York and Miami Dominican travelers living in the US, however I have always felt that they are way more professional in their security and procedure approach than compared to say POP, by a long shot. Just ask anyone that works at POP airport about the lab results for the antigen test that are being done for the same day travelers entering the USA, and that will tell you all that you need to know about how that airport operates. But getting back to the eticket requirements, it seems to me there is a direct link to one's passport number with the information which is pre loaded before arrival/departing the DR. That and because the eticket has no entry or departure requirements to the airlines for the DR, why would anyone be denied a airlines boarding cards?

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
It also would make it impossible for a planeload from Russia to enter the DR. As almost all of them would not have the E Ticket. Get real. The DR relies on tourism to exist. They are a lot smarter than the people posting here.................

So what happens when a plane load of Russians lands in New York? Or London? Both of those countries require passengers to complete documentation online before they board, in English?

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Where you denied boarding, or anyone else you know about for not having the E Ticket? And I am ONLY interested in actually denied, not told, but DENIED.......................

Hold on, so you agree that airlines are denying check-in without the e-ticket? So are you saying that if someone is told by the airline that they cannot check-in because they haven’t done the e-ticket, ignores this, goes to the airport and then tries to check-in, you want to hear about those people? Because you think the airline will say “we know we sent you an email saying this was required, but hey ho it doesn’t matter”?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004

I have no more time to argue. This was posted Today. Paper Form accepted at PUJ...........Read it and don't waste my time anymore.....................​

So I landed in PUJ and took the cab to the Friusa parada as planned. All the taxis drivers I asked told me the ride would cost 30 USD or 1700 pesos. Seems like a universally established price to drive to that bus stop.

Then I took the bus to Santo Domingo, 400 pesos.

Also at PUJ, I was asked for either the QR code or the PAPER FORM. I had the QR code filled out already so exiting the airport was quick.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I will try to give you my recent experience with entering / departing the DR within the last month.

I arrived in the DR via JFK to STI airport on July 27th with an DR entrada eticket prepared and presented it to the immigration officer. At no time did he even looked at it, however after scanning my BDA passport, all photos and entrada info appeared on the screen, He asked me only to confirm how many days I would be staying, stamped my passport and said; bienvenido. I asked him if I should leave the eticket with him, he said no for me to take it.

Next step after collecting my bags was to stand in a long line with 60 -80 Dominicans waiting to pass thru the scanner to exit. As I waited I could see in the middle of the 2 scanners a group of people filling out the custom form before having their bags scanned. Then there was an custom agent asking everyone in the line if they had an eticket. I raised my paper copy and he took me to the front of the line, scanned my code, and then told me to leave after placing my bags thru the scanner, He gave me back my form, and BINGO out the door...

Fast forward to leaving today the 23rd of August on the redeye 1:55 am flight back to BDA via JFK. Arrived at STI airport early, checked in and the ticket agent looks at my antigen test results, and and takes my US signed form and places it in her draw, the one that everyone is required to present to the airlines to prove a negative covid 19 test has been done within 3 full days of departing. At no time did the agent ask for my salida eticket. She gave me back my lab result form and I was on my way via immigration with boarding cards and passport.

As I approached the immigration station with once again my salida eticket form in hand, I noticed 20-30 travelers to my left at the wall counter filling in the arrival/departure forms by hand. I gave the agent my eticket with passport and again she never even looked at my printed form. Swiped my passport, and again photos and departure details (especially the date) appeared on the screen. She stamped my passport and said; have a safe trip, especially as New York is really bad with storms:eek:

I know mainly STI receives a large % of New York and Miami Dominican travelers living in the US, however I have always felt that they are way more professional in their security and procedure approach than compared to say POP, by a long shot. Just ask anyone that works at POP airport about the lab results for the antigen test that are being done for the same day travelers entering the USA, and that will tell you all that you need to know about how that airport operates. But getting back to the eticket requirements, it seems to me there is a direct link to one's passport number with the information which is pre loaded before arrival/departing the DR. That and because the eticket has no entry or departure requirements to the airlines for the DR, why would anyone be denied a airlines boarding cards?
This! The same of all of the above is information is applicable for SDQ. Currently, and for the past few months,this has been the case. I really believe any confusion on this issue is minimal. All one needs is this page of real time procedure and we can throw the other 16 pages of posts in the trash bin.
Happy a great day folks.

Reactions: SKY

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Lets wait to see what will happend on Sept first where will be mandatory the e-ticket according to the resolution from the Junta de Aviacion Civil JAC, where order to all airlines to certify and make sure every boday have the e-ticket before boarding.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Lets wait to see what will happend on Sept first where will be mandatory the e-ticket according to the resolution from the Junta de Aviacion Civil JAC, where order to all airlines to certify and make sure every boday have the e-ticket before boarding.
The same thing will happen on September 1st that has happened ever since this ridiculous thread started. Have the E Ticket , great, don't have if fill out the blue form. Guaranteed..................

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I suggest people start finding where they will take cover once the sky starts to fall. lol

It has happened many times in this forum. Now will not be any different. Right SKY? Ha ha

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: windeguy