No curfew but with a vaccination card or PCR test to enter establishments

Status
Not open for further replies.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I will be in the port at Caucedo October 25th to transfer a shipment of vehicles. I will see then if your statement no vaccine no service is accurate..........or inaccurate. That statement certainly does not comport with what your link says...........if you read it.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
Perhaps this decsion will lead to another incident where the PN are called to a disturbance, this time a business, and someone else ends up getting shot, then they'll pump the brakes.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Thankfully none of the businesses will enforce it, neither will the police. Starting with the All Inclusive resorts all the way down to the local colmado.
Whichever bar, restaurant, supermarket or businesses of any type that enforces it we, who disagree with this "Jewish Star Approach" should all boycott and spread the word to go to providers who are not playing this silly government-we-own-you-mandate game.

We are all free to make our choices on vaccination, and we are free to also avoid establishments that want to play kiss-the-dictator's-ring.
I got my jabs but it was my decision and I don't fault anyone for not getting stuck - your body use it as you wish

Or let the fake cards begin being sold - You think bars and restaurants are going to know the difference ?

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I actually don’t have it yet. I got the first Sinovac but never got around doing the second. I am thinking of going directly to two Pfizer and mostly so I can travel.
Just scribble in the 2nd on the card - what store will turn you away ?

Reactions: jd426

DR fan1990

Sep 22, 2020
Canada

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
That's false.

The article literally says that people can use a PCR test valid for 7 days if they are unvaccinated.
The article also says anyone over the age of 12 will be required to show a picture ID with a vaccine card.
Forgive me for sounding a little naïve but in my 10 years of living here I've never encountered a 13 or 14 year
old carrying a picture ID.

DR fan1990

Sep 22, 2020
Canada
Vax passports are useless.. they don't stop the spread. Just giving greenlight to vaccinated folks to go on and infect each other in indoor places... and of course the unvaccinated will get all the blame when things go south with new cases and some cities go on lockdown all over again.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
I will never understand why some folks who have gotten the jab, become ass***** and start hounding those who have not...if you got it to be safe then you are...stop harassing the rest...
They were probably as***s even BEFORE the jab... they just needed an excuse to let it all out ..
Sort of like the people who turned in their neighbors during WW2 ..
it was always under the surface .. now they get to delight with Glee hoping you drop dead
its the New "Shadenfreude", on Steroids ..

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Whichever bar, restaurant, supermarket or businesses of any type that enforces it we, who disagree with this "Jewish Star Approach" should all boycott and spread the word to go to providers who are not playing this silly government-we-own-you-mandate game.

We are all free to make our choices on vaccination, and we are free to also avoid establishments that want to play kiss-the-dictator's-ring.
I got my jabs but it was my decision and I don't fault anyone for not getting stuck - your body use it as you wish

Or let the fake cards begin being sold - You think bars and restaurants are going to know the difference ?
This right here , is what makes the whole Charade so ridiculous ..
Some of these Morons actually believe all these Covid Cards will be Authentic ..
Its stupidity on a level we have never seen before .

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
They were probably as***s even BEFORE the jab... they just needed an excuse to let it all out ..
Sort of like the people who turned in their neighbors during WW2 ..
it was always under the surface .. now they get to delight with Glee hoping you drop dead
its the New "Shadenfreude", on Steroids ..
I'm not going to copy and post the entire article but according to DT it appears they are encouraging
Dominicans to report Dominicans who present questionable documentation to the authorities.
For some strange reason the words "logistical nightmare" come to mind.

"Regarding the requirement of the vaccination card, the Ministry of Public Health warned that the falsification of the document would lead to prosecution and informed that businesses that detect a possible false card must report it to the authorities for investigation purposes."

Full Article Below:

Reactions: Juan Bosch

DR fan1990

Sep 22, 2020
Canada
Can't wait to see exactly who will get hired to police the tigueres in the barrios and fight them off at the entrance of every colmado. 😂
Will be fun to watch... or maybe someone will get hurt.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
The article also says anyone over the age of 12 will be required to show a picture ID with a vaccine card.
Forgive me for sounding a little naïve but in my 10 years of living here I've never encountered a 13 or 14 year
old carrying a picture ID.
Will they lower the age for cédulas perhaps?

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Look at your Vax card.
Cheap thin paper, probably printed in China, but way bigger than a wallet. Will you fold it in two directions to slip it next to your ATM card?

It frays easily, if damp it will deteriorate faster, ink will smear.

Where do you keep it? Back pocket, purse or glove box. Most keep them safe near their passport.

How long will it last till they are lost, clumps of nothing in the bottom of the washer or torn to shreads by other objects in an overstuffed purse or unreadable from repeatedly being pulled and stuffed in a back pocket.

Who and where to get an instant replacement and how to prove you had one anyway ?

How long will they last on a windy beach or when a quick rain shower hits?

How many will be left behind on a Caribe Tours bus?

What's next - fire everyone unvaccinated from jobs like they do up North? Refuse them care in hospitals.

Can we go get a permanent number tattooed on our wrist to take the place of our cards Mr Josef Mengle?

Morons exist everywhere but government officials are a super magnets for stupidity. Abinader just lost at least half his base.

Time for sincere disobedience to this new form of rising world tyrrany.

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Look at your Vax card.
Cheap thin paper, probably printed in China, but way bigger than a wallet. Will you fold it in two directions to slip it next to your ATM card?

It frays easily, if damp it will deteriorate faster, ink will smear.

Where do you keep it? Back pocket, purse or glove box. Most keep them safe near their passport.

How long will it last till they are lost, clumps of nothing in the bottom of the washer or torn to shreads by other objects in an overstuffed purse or unreadable from repeatedly being pulled and stuffed in a back pocket.

Who and where to get an instant replacement and how to prove you had one anyway ?

How long will they last on a windy beach or when a quick rain shower hits?

How many will be left behind on a Caribe Tours bus?

What's next - fire everyone unvaccinated from jobs like they do up North? Refuse them care in hospitals.

Can we go get a permanent number tattooed on our wrist to take the place of our cards Mr Josef Mengle?

Morons exist everywhere but government officials are a super magnets for stupidity. Abinader just lost at least half his base.

Time for sincere disobedience to this new form of rising world tyrrany.
I was with you until the Caribe Tours line and maybe them threating with firing unvaccinated. Just because they are trying so hard to look like a developed country. I remember last year when they opened the border and visitors had to bring a test and if not they got tested at the airport. There was chaos at the airports and they gave it up quickly. One of those behind a desk decisions. Those vax cards are ridiculous. At least the countries who have been trying this have used tech and had an App and have a real health care system. There is just no way this is going to work for those reasons Chico lists above.

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Just scribble in the 2nd on the card - what store will turn you away ?
I wouldn’t do that but I get the point. I wonder though if I go now and don’t bring the card with the one jab and say I haven’t been yet will they be able to look it up and see but you did the one Sinovac. I didn’t see any computers when I went. I think have no clue what they they are doing.

Reactions: chico bill

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I have to assume that the reference a "digital copy" of the vaccine card actually means a photo of it. The paper card will not survive very long with daily use and getting a replacement will be harder than dealing with Migracion if possible at all. So I am assuming that a clear picture on your phone will have to suffice for the time being. We'll see what is acceptable on a business by buisness basic after Oct. 18.

Status
Not open for further replies.