No curfew but with a vaccination card or PCR test to enter establishments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom0910

Sep 28, 2015
What about people that have the J&J one shot,it clearly says two doses.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Comparing it to Nazi Germany and their treatment of the Jews ? Bwahahahahahah.......

Mind you brought to you by the same posters who predicted, last year, civil war because of the curfew.
And also crime, desperation and chaos due to the lack of tourists, all part of a larger plan of the dark cabale....., err sorry, DR government.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Some here are getting caught up with 10 years is not doable. OK, however you can still have the law with a less Draconian punishment. They modify the law and change into something very doable like: No renewals on ANYTHING until you pay a monetary fine. Can't pay the fine. Whoops, off you go. They CAN control the whole process thru computer data. Then it is caso cerrado.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I will never understand why some folks who have gotten the jab, become ass***** and start hounding those who have not...if you got it to be safe then you are...stop harassing the rest...
You do realize that this is the government that is harassing the rest in this case.

They in power want everyone to be vaccinated or tested within 7 days to do just about anything but stay at home.

We have an antivaxer client that is going to get vaccinated because of this.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Some here are getting caught up with 10 years is not doable. OK, however you can still have the law with a less Draconian punishment. They modify the law and change into something very doable like: No renewals on ANYTHING until you pay a monetary fine. Can't pay the fine. Whoops, off you go. They CAN control the whole process thru computer data. Then it is caso cerrado.
Edited to add: This idea is straight out of the playbooks of HOAs. Homeowner incurs numerous violations and doesn't pay. Association places a lien on the property and homeowner can't sell. Only way out to close the sale is to pay at the closing.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Since the start of the pandemic I have been first in Santo Domingo and then Las Terrenas and Santo Domingo and then Las Terrenas etc I definitely know where I prefer to be come the 18th October. Las Terrenas 100 times more. Santo Domingo is going to be a nightmare if this gets implemented.
Santo Domingo was a nightmare before, during , and will be after the pandemic. No real change there,

Let the games begin. This is going to be fascinating to see what actually happens regarding enforcement.

Reactions: aarhus

DRdreaming

Jul 29, 2014
I think that the short notice for the implementation of this is only going to encourage counterfeit vaccination cards. And once someone has a fake one, they have little incentive to actually get vaccinated. There should have been a 30 day advance notice.

Reactions: Jim L and jd426

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I think that the short notice for the implementation of this is only going to encourage counterfeit vaccination cards. And once someone has a fake one, they have little incentive to actually get vaccinated. There should have been a 30 day advance notice.
A potential for 10 years in jail might mitigate the making of fake cards. Time will tell.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
A potential for 10 years in jail might mitigate the making of fake cards. Time will tell.
Once someone is caught, arrested, and it comes out on the news only a moron would continue doing it.................

• Haha
Reactions: jd426
Feb 7, 2007
The article also says anyone over the age of 12 will be required to show a picture ID with a vaccine card.
Forgive me for sounding a little naïve but in my 10 years of living here I've never encountered a 13 or 14 year
old carrying a picture ID.
There is no picture ID for anyone under 18, you can get minor's cédula from age 16, if you have a valid reason. So no, no picture ID at all for anyone 12 to 16 years old and very few 16 to 18 years old have picture ID

Feb 7, 2007
I'm not going to copy and post the entire article but according to DT it appears they are encouraging
Dominicans to report Dominicans who present questionable documentation to the authorities.
For some strange reason the words "logistical nightmare" come to mind.

"Regarding the requirement of the vaccination card, the Ministry of Public Health warned that the falsification of the document would lead to prosecution and informed that businesses that detect a possible false card must report it to the authorities for investigation purposes."

Full Article Below:
If they detect it. Someone has to review those cards. How do you review authenticity on a digital image,? Also it's up to a personal criteria of whomever is reviewing, to consider it fake. How do you prove that a security guy did not consider it good and valid, but rather he considered it fake and in spite of it let the person in ? Impossible to prove a personal criteria.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
The vaccination data base has the information. I found this out in person when I asked to get mine officially stamped.

Will this regulation be hard to enforce? You betcha...
When I got my card stamped after two Sinovacs, the woman doing it was on the phone to a friend and didn't even look at the card details, let alone put the info on any database. I then got the Pfizer jab as recommended by the govt. but I said it was my first jab so that if necessary I could get a second one if I need it to travel, as many Canadians have done. No questions asked and no sign of anyone entering anything on a database.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Rome today.
Will this happen in Santo Domingo?

When you start starving people by preventing them from working if they don't submit to your tyranny, this is what happens.

Cemeteries in this country are full of protesters. Will be interesting to watch going forward. Dominican men in general are much more passive than I initially thought.. More like peacocks. They just stick out their chest and show their their feathers.

DR fan1990

Sep 22, 2020
Canada
And your friend and you can get 10 Years in jail. Give it a rest.................They do have a computer record of this. So if they check it is ADIOS for 10 years...............................

Don't worry, no one gets locked up for 10 years in this country... That "10 years in jail" threat is just that, a threat.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Somebody has already beat you to it. One of the clinics in Puerto Plata will give make you one for 1000 pesos. Also, the pharmacy in Plaza Internacional in Sosua was selling fake ones until they got caught a few weeks ago.
I used to get Fake Doctors notes all the time ( in case needed) , so I could stay couple extra days on my vacation, in case anyone questioned it at my Old Job ... circa 2000- 2015 ? ... from a certain Doctor in Sosua and I quote " what would you like it to day , and I will write it down"....
I think that only cost me like 1000 pesos as well.... he tried for 4,000 ,but we both Laughed at that price .. he happily wrote it for 1 Mil which was well worth it to me for peace of mind .

So these covid Cards , DIGITAL yet .. LMFAO
this is childs play
I cant believe people are this idiotic to think a FAKE Vax Card is going to Protect them, when they are Eating
and all the rest of us who they deem Lepers will be forced to look through the window .. oh , we so jealous .
you cant even buy this kind of Comedy

Status
Not open for further replies.