No curfew but with a vaccination card or PCR test to enter establishments

Status
Not open for further replies.

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
I got the vaccine for 2 reasons, to make travel easier and to protect my elderly mother (84). Travel is no easier and my mother is being told she needs a "booster shot". But I have my card, not been asked for it on my last 2 trips to DR but I have it. So I am waiting to see if or when I am asked for it.
That would be similar to me. I want to do the two Pfizer for travel and for when I travel to visit my mother in Europe who is 86.

Reactions: keepcoming

Juan Bosch

Dec 8, 2015
I don't know maybe its just me but I do not like to be coerce by anybody specially the government...for those unvaccinated you can do your food shopping on line...I live in Santiago and shop in the supermarkets Plaza Lama, La Sirena, La Nacional etc...for banking you can use the drive thru window...time to go around the idiot politicos...

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I think the DR has well intentions.
I also think this will fail and things will
get back to normal by Christmas time.
Fake card, real card and all bribes considered.
"Get back to normal". Just what does that mean in a pandemic? Especially in a country that depends on tourists who come from countries that don't mind preventing their citizens from coming here if they their returning citizens put people at home at risk

Generally I think your posts show clear thinking, but not in this case

If tourism in danger,things will be tougher, not forgotten for Christmas

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Fake cards will abound because can you imagine how hard it will be to check every hundred people entering Blue Mall or Jumbo every 5 minutes?
Many people fear the shots. And if boosters become mandated too then the excrement hits the abanico because most thinking is "I did my two, now I'm done" their policy.

Imagine a ferretería with a dirty & tired plumber rushing back for more fittings - you think he will have time to look for a vax card?
A greasy car mechanic won't have it entering the parts stores.

It likely will be enforced half-heartily at supermarkets for a few months but then it fades away as every cumbersome rule does.

Ever notice the bored guy checking your temperature entering the supermarket? He never even looks at the reading, and I've never seen anyone stopped either. Even saw him check an elderly man's arm with a jacket on, and not asking to roll it up - that's how this will be treated too.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
did you ever notice how almost everyone has cell phone in Dominican..QR code instant check almost impossible fake
requires verification just like pcr testing one they give verification on a click by website..QR code spreading around world going that way it seems .. will it work here who know things are changing rapidly..

• Haha
Reactions: jd426

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Dominicans are embracing technology police take a picture of your license plate up pops owners picture and info getting harder and harder to fake shit..same thing was said about COVID test just buy off Juan on beach that didn’t work out well either..who knows we will see soon enough..

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
did you ever notice how almost everyone has cell phone in Dominican..QR code instant check almost impossible fake
requires verification just like pcr testing one they give verification on a click by website..QR code spreading around world going that way it seems .. will it work here who know things are changing rapidly..
Yep. Ever noticed how "paper immigration forms will never go away". Yeah right. Less than a year ago. Now it's necessary to explain to first timers to the DR "we used to have these little pieces of paper, they fluttered all over the place...one was blue...one was white...the print on them was so small that......LOL.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
"Ole school" is getting harder to sell these days. Try selling a pair of high button shoes on Amazon .

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
This thread reminds me of the frenzy that AMET caused 5 years ago saying that all vehicles needed to be equipped with that special emergency kit. People were all worried and spent 2500 pesos on a triangle and a fire extinguisher. Where did that all go? Same place this is new requirement will be going.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
This thread reminds me of the frenzy that AMET caused 5 years ago saying that all vehicles needed to be equipped with that special emergency kit. People were all worried and spent 2500 pesos on a triangle and a fire extinguisher. Where did that all go? Same place this is new requirement will be going.
Going? I guarantee for a bare minimum you will NOT be going to any Government agency without the proper credentials. That is a sure thing. So if you happen to need a driver's license, passport, or Cedula good luck. And banks, large supermarkets, etc............................

All the ranting on DR1 means as much as the middle of a bagel...............

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
Going? I guarantee for a bare minimum you will NOT be going to any Government agency without the proper credentials. That is a sure thing. So if you happen to need a driver's license, passport, or Cedula good luck. And banks, large supermarkets, etc............................

All the ranting on DR1 means as much as the middle of a bagel...............
Of course the Government agencies will implement it and so will the banks...perhaps the bigger supermarkets. Restaurants, malls colmados, gyms and most others won't bother after 2 weeks. They have lost enough money in the past 2 years.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Dominicans are embracing technology police take a picture of your license plate up pops owners picture and info getting harder and harder to fake shit..same thing was said about COVID test just buy off Juan on beach that didn’t work out well either..who knows we will see soon enough..
Did you just make that up, because it does not work

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Of course the Government agencies will implement it and so will the banks...perhaps the bigger supermarkets. Restaurants, malls colmados, gyms and most others won't bother after 2 weeks. They have lost enough money in the past 2 years.
I doubt the banks will after a few weeks anyway. That guard and the door with a 40 year-old shotgun barely has the energy to ask you to remove your cap. At my bank he even wears his mask below his nose

Reactions: Chala and jd426

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Fake cards will abound because can you imagine how hard it will be to check every hundred people entering Blue Mall or Jumbo every 5 minutes?
Many people fear the shots. And if boosters become mandated too then the excrement hits the abanico because most thinking is "I did my two, now I'm done" their policy.

Imagine a ferretería with a dirty & tired plumber rushing back for more fittings - you think he will have time to look for a vax card?
A greasy car mechanic won't have it entering the parts stores.

It likely will be enforced half-heartily at supermarkets for a few months but then it fades away as every cumbersome rule does.

Ever notice the bored guy checking your temperature entering the supermarket? He never even looks at the reading, and I've never seen anyone stopped either. Even saw him check an elderly man's arm with a jacket on, and not asking to roll it up - that's how this will be treated too.
I agree. The best they will be able to do is a random check from time to time.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
I don't know maybe its just me but I do not like to be coerce by anybody specially the government...for those unvaccinated you can do your food shopping on line...I live in Santiago and shop in the supermarkets Plaza Lama, La Sirena, La Nacional etc...for banking you can use the drive thru window...time to go around the idiot politicos...
From what I have seen lately, and Everbody knows this is a country of Fake things...I have seen fake vaccination cards bought for 500 pesos, they are the real card only you dont get the jab with them.........

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
I'm not anti-vax, I'm am anti forced vaccination.
We need to maintain the right of free choice.
Maybe your health is good and you think no problem. My niece has advanced MS and can not walk now and does not want to risk something like a vaccine producing an adverse reaction as her health is fragile.
You think she should have the noose tightened on her too? Maybe turn her and her wheel chair away at the hospital?

There is good news for your niece. The Multiple Sclerosis Society highly recommends that people suffering with MS get the vaccine as they are at high risk of adverse reactions to the Covid19 virus.
ICYMI:

She is more likely to have an adverse reaction to Covid19 than she is to the vaccine.

Reactions: drstock

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
From what I have seen lately, and Everbody knows this is a country of Fake things...I have seen fake vaccination cards bought for 500 pesos, they are the real card only you dont get the jab with them.........
100% right..that’s why paper is on way out everywhere even here…how are immigrations hand written paper going going almost gone , times change..

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
I think that, in their rush to keep up with the Jones's (aka fully developed countries), the Dominican government might have gone a step too far.
For instance...
In most of the countries where vaccine "passports" have become the norm, certain essential services have been precluded from the requirement.
Grocery stores are an example.
While Masks and Social distancing are still required, vaccine passports are not.
Precisely because they are essential services and it would be considered far too heavy handed to stop people from buying food.
There is a better than even chance that, in the not too distant future, there will be an update to the ruling excluding essential services from the requirement

Status
Not open for further replies.