Ministry of Public Health gets tough about vaccine requirements

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Tarjeta-de-vacunacion-Diario-Libre-1024x656.jpg

As of Monday, 11 October 2021, curfew is removed in the Dominican Republic after it was first imposed in March 2020, and then consecutively since July 2020. But the Ministry of Public Health says that Covid-19 is still here and announced measures to motivate people to get vaccinated. Around 60% of the adult population is vaccinated in the Dominican Republic, but there are sufficient vaccines for all living in the country to be vaccinated.

As of 18 October 2021, all over 12 years old need to present proof of vaccination (physical or digital) or a negative PCR test to use public transport, enter closed government places, schools, workplaces, and public places such as restaurants, bars, supermarkets, shops, gyms, sports centers, as per Ministry of Public Health Resolution #000048. The alternative is to present negative results of a PCR test taken within seven days. As...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
That piece of paper is going to get tatty very quickly.

I wonder if a photo of the card shown on a phone screen will be acceptable?

What happens if you lose it?

Reactions: Jourgey

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004

The law clearly states that a clear photo on your phone IS accepted.......................

Reactions: cavok and Billp16

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I’m sure it is …a quick bar code scan and your caught then what..
I can confirm that each vaccine card has a different bar code.

Let's see how long it takes for people to get arrested with faked ones.

Up to 10 years in a DR jail?

Reactions: Billp16

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I’m sure it is …a quick bar code scan and your caught then what..
An argument ensues then things get violent? Turns out the employee holding the scanner did it wrong and the card is legit.
Who's going to pay for the batteries?
Like I said yesterday....
Where's my popcorn?

Reactions: Gadfly

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
An argument ensues then things get violent? Turns out the employee holding the scanner did it wrong and the card is legit.
Who's going to pay for the batteries?
Like I said yesterday....
Where's my popcorn?
There will always be something Cristo ..they will probably keep it in their helmet which is on elbow anyways.. government has been using barcode for yrs without hitch here , takes the Juan made mistake out of it ..your right split a bowl of popcorn ? times are changing fast curious how things turn out..

Reactions: CristoRey

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I can confirm that each vaccine card has a different bar code.

Let's see how long it takes for people to get arrested with faked ones.

Up to 10 years in a DR jail?
Did you scan it ? I did and it does nothing.
Maybe the government will give out database software & a scanner that can read them, to every bar, restaurant, supermarket, colmado and ferreteria in the DR to verify they are legit.
Who wants to place bets on that happening by the 18th of October........in 2022 ?

• Haha
Reactions: aarhus and Gadfly

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
It will have to be connected to the data base, but barcode scanner apps are available for all smartphones. It won't happen by October 1st.

Gadfly

Jul 7, 2016

Laminate it, put it on a lanyard, wear it 24/7

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Did you scan it ? I did and it does nothing.
Maybe the government will give out database software & a scanner that can read them, to every bar, restaurant, supermarket, colmado and ferreteria in the DR to verify they are legit.
Who wants to place bets on that happening by the 18th of October........in 2022 ?
You must not be connected to the governments data base. :D

As for bets, I am not a betting man when it comes to things I have no control of. Like sports, governments, games of chance...

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
You must not be connected to the governments data base. :D

As for bets, I am not a betting man when it comes to things I have no control of. Like sports, governments, games of chance...
Of course we are all betting.
We bet if we got the vaccine we won't die, of Covid or if we did not get vaccinated we're also betting we will not die of Covid.

We are all rolling the dice in life.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
If you have faith in big Pharma you should watch the 4th season of 'Goliath' with Billy Bob Thornton and see how it turns out for Zaks Pharmaceutical

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Of course we are all betting.
We bet if we got the vaccine we won't die, of Covid or if we did not get vaccinated we're also betting we will not die of Covid.

We are all rolling the dice in life.
The choice to get a vaccine or not is not what I am talking about. The decision is up to me based upon the best information I can get.

You talked about betting on October 18th and the success of the vaccine or test mandate which will clearly define two classes of people in the DR.

Reports are vaccines centers got busy again in anticipation of the date. but I won't bet on the overall success of the new mandate coming up in 6 days, nor on how long it will last.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
The choice to get a vaccine or not is not what I am talking about. The decision is up to me based upon the best information I can get.

You talked about betting on October 18th and the success of the vaccine or test mandate which will clearly define two classes of people in the DR.

Reports are vaccines centers got busy again in anticipation of the date. but I won't bet on the overall success of the new mandate coming up in 6 days, nor on how long it will last.
I saw that as well
But in reality they only gave enough time for one jab for the unvaccinated

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
But in reality they only gave enough time for one jab for the unvaccinated
There has been plenty of time for those who wanted the vaccine to get two or three doses. It was a little difficult and chaotic early on in the process but lately clinics have been staged regularly in the same location day after day offering at least two different vaccine choices. Those who are not yet vaccinated are probably the ones who really don't want it. If you haven't gotten the two doses at some point in the last 8 months you really don't have much of a case to complain about a lack of notice for a vaccine mandate proposal. Here on DR1 "we" have been discussing the likelihood of a vaccine requirement to enter public spaces and travel for awhile. Certainly long before the announcement. Based on news from other countries and practical common sense, anyone who did not foresee this coming was being intentionally blind or supporting their decision not to be vaccinated. It is a little late to cry foul at this point.

I do believe the current DR plan is unworkable an unenforceable in the long run but do expect the govt to rework it in the days and weeks to come. In the end regardless of what the DR does or does not do in this regard, most will need a complete set of shots to get on a plane and travel to most destinations that people will want to go to for quite awhile to come. No time like the present to react to the current reality and get that first shot and then the second at the earliest opportunity. Choosing not to is a decision that may prove inconvenient and option limiting going forward. It would be a shame to require speedy medical treatment or deal with some other pressing need back home and not be allowed to catch a flight. Choices always have repercussions - some positive some negative.

Reactions: Ken and drstock