No curfew but with a vaccination card or PCR test to enter establishments

Status
Not open for further replies.

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Reality is what applies here. Feelings and opinions are also not applicable.

If you want to get into public places in the DR, you will present an ID and a valid vaccination for face being denied entry.
That is what applies here.
It will work where it’s possible to implement it. Then maybe more places later and Windy maybe right that it will be linked to ID and this is then when immigration gets involved and if you don’t have cedula and legal recidencia and your vaccination card it’s very limited what you can do. Maybe that’s what will happen.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
It will work where it’s possible to implement it. Then maybe more places later and Windy maybe right that it will be linked to ID and this is then when immigration gets involved and if you don’t have cedula and legal recidencia and your vaccination card it’s very limited what you can do. Maybe that’s what will happen.
I don't meant to imply this is a way to catch illegals. The vaccination card is definitely 100% linked to either your cedula if your are a citizen or have legal residency or otherwise to your passport number in the vaccine data base.

Taking that further down the road to cross referencing this to immigration status is another story completely.

It is clear that those without vaccinations will have a type of "second class status".

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
I don't meant to imply this is a way to catch illegals. The vaccination card is definitely 100% linked to either your cedula if your are a citizen or have legal residency or otherwise to your passport number in the vaccine data base.

Taking that further down the road to cross referencing this to immigration status is another story completely.

It is clear that those without vaccinations will have a type of "second class status".
Didn’t the DR technically accept overstayers when they accepted passport as ID for the vaccination ?

Reactions: chico bill

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Didn’t the DR technically accept overstayers when they accepted passport as ID for the vaccination ?
The Ministry of Health is different than the Migration department. The Ministry of Health wanted everyone in country to be vaccinated regardless of migration status as long as you at least had a passport.

"Acceptance", or in this case vaccination allowed by one government agency has little to do with other government agencies is my point. Technically, the DR did not accept overstayers in any way other than vaccinating some of them.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Not really. The government really couldn't expect doctors to look through passports and check for extensions to determine immigration status. At one time I had so many stamps in my passport that even the immigration officials couldn't figure it out.

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
The Ministry of Health is different than the Migration department. The Ministry of Health wanted everyone in country to be vaccinated regardless of migration status as long as you at least had a passport.

"Acceptance", or in this case vaccination allowed by one government agency has little to do with other government agencies is my point. Technically, the DR did not accept overstayers in any way other than vaccinating some of them.
Ok got it

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
Thankfully or hopefully? For starters do you really think all Government services will NOT enforce this. Good luck getting Driver's license, Passport, Cedula, Marbete, or even enter a Bank or major Supermarket. What about the airports?

KEEP DREAMING........................
Going to a AI hotel sunday....no vaccination card required.....

Reactions: jd426

DR fan1990

Sep 22, 2020
Canada
It's a joke, based upon a line from a song.

Back to EVERYONE outside a hotel, they will all need to show an ID and a valid vaccination card to get into public places. Everyone in public places will be treated the same according to the regulation.

Tourism: Dominicans and foreigners will have the same health protocols​

• They will have to present a vaccination card for public places
  • Inside the hotels they will be exempt from showing documentation
FBtGb8xXMAMlL8s

Except tourists on organized tours and excursions, who will be treated just like the AI tourists, meaning no segregation card.

Bottom line is, the DR is pressured to get on board with the global tyrannical plan, but STILL needs tourist money, hence all these exceptions. It's a "cognitive dissonance" type of dillema, as the government wants to have it both ways.

DR fan1990

Sep 22, 2020
Canada
There might be some bars and restaurants on PC that won't ask for proof of vaccination, but I don't see tourists getting a break at major supermarkets, farmacias, banks, or clinics(?).
Laboratorio Referencia in Santo Domingo (Ciudad Nueva) literally told me today that they won't be asking for the segregation card come next week, despite the fact that the place is usually packed as hell.

I had to ask because I have an upcoming appointment with them.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
My neighbor just told me he was at Playero in Sosua and they have no intention of checking people for being vaccinated.
Perhaps a "marketing edge" for them?

Reactions: jd426 and cavok

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
AI tourists don't mingle w/ the general population when 'inside' the compound

If they want to step out & be 'normal'..... they need to have the vax proof

Makes sense to me.... their own bubble, so to speak, when inside

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
The two tiered CV19 society in the DR is upon us. Vaxed and UnVaxed each with different rights as of October 18, unless the date changed.

I know someone who is very likely to leave the DR over it.

One of the most important things in the DR is AI Tourism and those exceptions are all about that.
A couple of people were giving me a hard time for postponing getting the second jab of Sinovac. Now I have it and want two Pfizer now. I had been postponing as I wanted Pfizer. But an issue came up in connection with that because I was considered selfish or something and I said but living here with no recidencia and no health insurance is just as irresponsible in that case. Covid is not the only illness out there. For the sake of public health people should get legalized and have a health insurance. At least I think someone calling me irresponsible for postponing vaccination is being a hypocrite if that person lives here and doesn’t have cedula and no health insurance.

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
My neighbor just told me he was at Playero in Sosua and they have no intention of checking people for being vaccinated.
Perhaps a "marketing edge" for them?
There will be 3 kinds of systems in place for business. Some will be very diligent, some will act like they are trying and the rest won't even bother to fake it. Fun times everywhere.

Reactions: drstock and jd426

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Most of us know how things go down in Suntown , and don’t care if you got it or didn’t we all made our choices ..you wake up rules change …you ask 100 Dominicans or expats story different story every time …5% listen to Chica express as gospel others podcast ..STOP BLAMING OTHERS FOR YOUR PROBLEMS THEY ARE YOURS NOBODY ELSES…If you don’t like this country and want to leave because of this good luck.. don’t let the door hit you where the good lord dropped you…
p.s. DGM if your listening I’m overstaying again , Catch me if you can…
The End

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
Most of us know how things go down in Suntown , and don’t care if you got it or didn’t we all made our choices ..you wake up rules change …you ask 100 Dominicans or expats story different story every time …5% listen to Chica express as gospel others podcast ..STOP BLAMING OTHERS FOR YOUR PROBLEMS THEY ARE YOURS NOBODY ELSES…If you don’t like this country and want to leave because of this good luck.. don’t let the door hit you where the good lord dropped you…
p.s. DGM if your listening I’m overstaying again , Catch me if you can…
The End
Right now if you are overstaying long term and use your passport as ID to get vaccination card you are fine.

Jan 9, 2004
AI tourists don't mingle w/ the general population when 'inside' the compound

If they want to step out & be 'normal'..... they need to have the vax proof

Makes sense to me.... their own bubble, so to speak, when inside
Tourists are exempt from the vax requirement;

From the Ministry of Public Health:

The government announced tourists will not need to present vaccination cards to enter businesses nor take public transit.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Reactions: chico bill

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Laboratorio Referencia in Santo Domingo (Ciudad Nueva) literally told me today that they won't be asking for the segregation card come next week, despite the fact that the place is usually packed as hell.

I had to ask because I have an upcoming appointment with them.
Was at the dentist today in Sosua and they said they will not be checking vaccination status either

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
Was at the dentist today in Sosua and they said they will not be checking vaccination status either
In general clinics and hospitals can’t really deny entrance in my opinion. Isn’t the vaccination still a recommendation but it’s just they don’t want Covid to spread in these public places mentioned. Maybe I haven’t understood it.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
COVID-19 October 15, 2021 | 3:32 pm

Banks will require a vaccination card from their clients​

In compliance with Circular 016-21 of the Superintendency of Banks, the Asociación de Bancos Múltiples de la República Dominicana (ABA) announced that its associates will require, as of this coming Monday, October 18, the presentation of a vaccination card at the entrance of bank branches and offices.
Through a press release, it explains that visitors must present their identity card and vaccination card, containing at least two doses of the COVID-19 vaccine, except for those vaccines that require only one dose, explained the ABA in a press release.

• Love
Reactions: CristoRey
Status
Not open for further replies.