Vaccine Card Not Valid Outside DR

Status
Not open for further replies.

DutchRudi

Jun 23, 2020
sosua/santiago
When I had my DR vaccine card received, I a photo sent it to my Government to check, they told me a was fake because they could not find it in a system anywhere, not in Cowin, anywhere.
Yes, I could leave the Dominican Republic, but no they would not accept it in other countries so in quarantine. With this information I went to the DR Salud health department, they understood the problem and give me a written statement that my card was legit, with the Doctor's info, tell, etc. I feel comfier now that I would not be heading to quarantine.
The health department in the DR told me that they can't register a vaccine card with a passport number.
So, if you have the same situation as I do, go to the local health department and get a statement, so you cover your tracks. Good Luck.

Reactions: aarhus

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
vacunate.gob.do has an application for a QR code to use for int'l travel

1636198602768.png

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Saw this. Did anyone actually complete this and get the QR code?

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
QR's aren't sent out yet to my knowledge - can take up to 10 days
Huh? My Certificado de Vacunacion has a QR code smack dab in the middle. Or am I confused about what's being discussed?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I believe that this it the same thing the other thread talks about on certificates.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Huh? My Certificado de Vacunacion has a QR code smack dab in the middle. Or am I confused about what's being discussed?
Perhaps it has a bar code, but not a QR code. Mine has a bar code, no QR code hence the need to ask for a QR code separately.

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
With my Dominican vax (2 Sinovac + 1 Pfizer), I managed to get my French "passe sanitaire", which is basically a valid European "covid passport"... All this online, not too difficult...

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Perhaps it has a bar code, but not a QR code. Mine has a bar code, no QR code hence the need to ask for a QR code separately.
Oh, it's a definitely a QR code.

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Maybe they can develop eventually an App from this system. They probably will. I am patient. Will not travel for a while. So I just lost my small vax card. Still have the original big one. I was joking around with it in Las Terrenas showing it everywhere in including at the pool and wearing mask. Turns out now only banks require it. Not even the supermarkets. So somehow lost it carrying it around all the time. Serves you right my mum would say for joking around with it.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Maybe they can develop eventually an App from this system. They probably will. I am patient. Will not travel for a while. So I just lost my small vax card. Still have the original big one. I was joking around with it in Las Terrenas showing it everywhere in including at the pool and wearing mask. Turns out now only banks require it. Not even the supermarkets. So somehow lost it carrying it around all the time. Serves you right my mum would say for joking around with it.
Not just banks. Government offices as well.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Oh, it's a definitely a QR code.
It must be the "new" version since ours do not have a QR code:

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
My vaccine card clearly had no QR code. Just a bar code. Newer cards may have a QR code.

I was able today to get to the point online where I could upload my cedula and vaccine card.

I have to now wait for further instructions so I can download the QR code.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Yep. That's what mine has, along with my personal data and the vaccinations I've received.
take a look if it works with your phone …most modern phones recognize QR code’s and bring you to website validating , that how the labs results for COVID QR code’s work ..

Status
Not open for further replies.