2. Venezuela

3. El Salvador

4. Cuba

5. Nicaragua

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
Similar in what way?

GDP, environmental protection, infrastructure, etc... ?

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Similar in what way?

GDP, environmental protection, infrastructure, etc... ?
Those are good parameters. Could also be educational system, health care system and public safety.

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
NONE, THE DR is a unique country that has a Haitian problem, and a drug problem, poor education system...etc, but highly enterprising and intelligent people.
Did you include intelligent people?

Most Dominicans do not read much, and the few who read anything, rely on Wiki, while others "get their education" via Netflix or YouTube short documentaries.

Reactions: Nadie21

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic

Most Dominicans do not read much, and the few who read anything, rely on Wiki, while others "get their education" via Netflix or YouTube short documentaries.
Looks like your perspective is one of ghetto life. At the risk of being trollish I'm going to go out on a limb and say this sounds little ignorant.

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
I say at worst something similar to Venezuela and at best similar to Panama. In 5 years.

Reactions: Lucifer

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
It certainly has seen a huge influx of Haitians the past 10 years.
I like many of them, but of late I think some more belligerent ones are bringing a Haitian chip-on-their-shoulder attitude and ae quite rude and aggressive.
In any event their doesn't seem to be an earnest effort to deport many of them, so I guess they are here to stay

Reactions: AlaPlaya

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com

Do you think that there are no intelligent people that aren't highly educated. There are lots of educated idiots, and there are many intelligent people that are not that well educated. You being a man of the world know this to be true.

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
Do you think that there are no intelligent people that aren't highly educated. There are lots of educated idiots, and there are many intelligent people that are not that well educated. You being a man of the world know this to be true.
But is that not the case most places in the world ?

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
Looks like your perspective is one of ghetto life. At the risk of being trollish I'm going to go out on a limb and say this sounds little ignorant.
Well, I don’t know much about history; don’t know much about biology; don’t know much about a science book; and don’t know much about the French I took, but I do know that Dominicans, in general, don’t read much.
And, yes, I’ve lived a ghetto life, with the occasional foray in the pursuit of happiness.