PLEASE HELP -- need advice URGENT !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Helpneeded

Mar 25, 2022
Dominican
When this woman is a judge I'm the new President of DR. It sounds like family buisness, I'm not wondering it will be the first nor the last time they will do that.
The right spelling for judge in español is "juez/jueza".

But she wrote that she is a "juesa".

Imagine a judge who can't even spell their own job title right.

Reactions: windeguy

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
@Helpneeded are you really that gullible? How could you trust anything coming out of a dominican's pie-hole? Have you ever heard of trust but verify? Maybe the verify part was lost in the ambiance? At any rate, what's done is done. You best wise up quick and heed the excellent advice given here and run to the hills. More precisely return to your home country ASAP. Unfortunately for you dominicans in general find homosexual relationships unacceptable particularly the older generations. Homosexual intercourse with a minor is considered taboo here and it's illegal. Any sexual arrangement between a foreigner & a poor 'barrio' young adult would probably be frowned upon. In the event you are brought up on charges, you'd be lucky not to incur the ire of the 'fiscal' (prosecutor) for such actions.

Sex tourism is a real problem here and you'll probably be labeled as such for not doing your due diligence if in fact the young man you had intercourse with is a minor. The 'Ministerio Público' deals with this situation daily. Something I'm sure that most 'fiscales' would rather not deal with. You should be very careful in the activities you decide to engage in when visiting a foreign county. I think this should be obvious but...choose the people that you spend time with very carefully when travelling abroad. If you plan on partying like it's1999 please verify the age of any willing participant through a legal document (cedula, licencia de conducir o pasaporte). If your intentions are to engage sexually, I would advise you to take a photo, of the person holding the document corroborating their age before any physical activity develop. If any legal issues arise later, you'll be covered. An once of prevention is worth more than a pound of cure. At this point I would take the advice of the consensus on this thread and return home. Again be smart, run, run fast, right about now.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
@Helpneeded are you really that gullible? How could you trust anything coming out of a dominican's pie-hole? Have you ever heard of trust but verify? Maybe the verify part was lost in the ambiance? At any rate, what's done is done. You best wise up quick and heed the excellent advice given here and run to the hills. More precisely return to your home country ASAP. Unfortunately for you dominicans in general find homosexual relationships unacceptable particularly the older generations. Homosexual intercourse with a minor is considered taboo here and it's illegal. Any sexual arrangement between a foreigner & a poor 'barrio' young adult would probably be frowned upon. In the event you are brought up on charges, you'd be lucky not to incur the ire of the 'fiscal' (prosecutor) for such actions.
Not trying to add gasoline to a fire but I would never travel to the only country on the planet with
a picture of the Bible on their National Flag to indulge this type of behavior. If it turns
out this fella was under age and the minor's family pressed charges due to a criminal
act of this nature, he would not receive a fair trial by any stretch of the imagination.
This should serve as a warning to others.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Get on the next plane out of here. You are caught in a total blackmail scam. I hope you learn from this. No ID or proof of age and little Mr. Pud stays in your pants.
Take some solace that you are not the first dumbass caught in this and you certainly won't be the last.
Seriously be on the next plane

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Unless you enjoy Spooning with naked Older smelly Men , you should think about getting he hell out of Dodge ..
you dont need to leave the DR, but I would suggest u pack up , get yourself out of town , and maybe relocate to the other side of the Island , as many have posted here already .. that " Evidence" you have on your phone may actually hurt you more than help you ..

Reactions: CristoRey and Big

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Sex with minors here has become a very hot button issue lately and is pursued aggressively. If this woman does follow through on her threat to report it, you could spend the rest of your vacation here in preventative custody awaiting trial to try and prove your innocence.

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
It's based on Napoleonic Law and French law last I heard(?).

The legal system of the Dominican Republic is civil law and is based on the Napoleonic code.

Although you are correct in that the Dominican legal system is based in Napoleonic and French law the new Procedural Penal Code of the Dominican Republic Law 76-02 went into effect in 2004. Law 76-02 in Art. 14.- Presumption of innocence states every person is presume innocent and should be treated as such until an irrevocable sentence declares responsibility. Corresponding to the accusation destroying said presumption.

Reactions: AlaPlaya
Aug 21, 2007
Let me begin by saying that I have a 44 year old daughter who is a lesbian. I have felt the pains and have dealt with the questions, values systems, judgements, and experiences of knowing when to not offer this information and when to say so.

Having said that, I believe that someone who cannot find sexual satisfaction within their own country, culture and legal system is taking a risk going elsewhere. I am sorry for this individual and I understand that he believes that he did his due diligence, but he took on risky behavior and just like a gambler. He now finds himself with a losing hand and is trying to pick up the pieces.

Sorry to provide tough love.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
I completely agree with others that you should leave the country asap. If you're not ready to do this then understand that you may need to lawyer up.

I would not recommend Guzman Ariza for this. They are excellent property lawyers but you need a different firm to deal with this type of mess. I can recommend one if you PM me but honestly unless there is a truly compelling reason to stay then leave now.

Reactions: melphis

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
The OP just makes me think he's (sock puppet) one. Asking for help from a forum , then only responding with what he has discovered as questable evidence about the chico, and his so called mama.
OP, if you are not a sock puppet, re read a lot of the good advise given here, and decide quickly whats best for you to do. Good luck!

Attachments

• sock puppet.jpg
    sock puppet.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 73

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Although you are correct in that the Dominican legal system is based in Napoleonic and French law the new Procedural Penal Code of the Dominican Republic Law 76-02 went into effect in 2004. Law 76-02 in Art. 14.- Presumption of innocence states every person is presume innocent and should be treated as such until an irrevocable sentence declares responsibility. Corresponding to the accusation destroying said presumption.
I didn't literally mean people are presumed guilty, but there are certain crimes here, and I believe sex with a minor is one of them, where the court can impose preventative custody until trial with no bail or other recourse. It seems every other day I'm reading about someone accused of a crime being put into preventative custody, often for many months until the trial comes up.

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
Assuming that after a year of chatting online you never sent the young lad any money, he should get credit for his patience. Not sure if anybody mentioned it, but you should try to remove the online trail as best you can. If you really think a paper trail will help you, print it off but best to keep a lighter handy.

Reactions: MariaRubia
Status
Not open for further replies.