Am I naive...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joseph NY2STI

Mar 22, 2020
JD, you know that ain't easy. You got to have ice in your veins. I guess it comes down to the individual and their programming, their values etc. I absolutely see your point; it's whether I can flip the switch...so much to consider. Input appreciated.
You sound like the type of person who would give a friend the shirt off your back. The difference is that in your home country people will say thanks, but no thanks. In D.R. they will take your shirt and then ask for your pants.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Everybody has a different opinion on this.
I'm not taking care of another man's children.
But I have a friend that does that.
His life; His decisions.

For the life of me @Unit5 can you tell me why anyone needs a picture of her or information about her job at the resort to give you advice?
Are they trolling you?

Because women who are looking for WU Novios seek out those type of specific Jobs so they can Maximinze their Scam Earnings ..
I highly DOUBT she was a Waitress, or a MAID .. those women keep to themselves and do not romantically get involved with Guests .

Strange that you have not figured this out yet .
even more strange that you think that such a question is a Troll.

its a Statistical FACT ..
I believe Gorgon used to refer to the Male Dance Instuctor (Sankies) as " Fausto".
maybe you missed that Class, or maybe that whole semester .

Reactions: Big

Joseph NY2STI

Mar 22, 2020
For the life of me @Unit5 can you tell me why anyone needs a picture of her or information about her job at the resort to give you advice?
Are they trolling you?
I think it's because the people here want to help him make a wise decision and spare him any heartache. CLEARLY, the only way they can help is by seeing as many photos as possible, and also having her phone number so she can be properly vetted. You see, it's for his own good!

Manuel01

Apr 1, 2009
Hi All,
Newbie here from Ontario, Canada. I wanted to get the your input or opinion on the scenario I will describe below.

Last December I met a lady that worked in a resort in Cabarete. She is young (29) and beautiful. I am in my forties and single. We hit it off and I ended up falling for her. We have been texting and video calling everyday since. She like many Dominicans, is a single mom with 2 young kids (2 and 4). No father around and no support payments. Many in my circle have warned me against this relationship suggesting that she just wants money. To that end, I have given her money for a damaged phone, driving lessons, travel to see her parents in Rio San Juan, help pay her children's care-giver etc. Now we are not talking of thousands here, but a few hundred dollars. By no means am I rich, but it's what I can afford. Recently she was let go at her job due to the "low season". This translates to more funds being transferred to support her and her kids. Her fan recently broke and so this too will need replacing. My question is : Am I the only one or are there a few who fall into this situation? The question is does she love me or the money because lets face it, the situation is dire for many Dominicans. Thoughts?
Hi,
nothing is for free ! But be aware of following facts; She is single with 2 kids, meaning: very hard for her to find somebody good and serious here. (who needs this headache ?). I can guantee you that she keeps screwing the fathers of her kids 100% !!!! and here comes the very best advise : DO NOT BE TO GOOD TO HER !!!!
In dominican spanish: TO GOOD equals IDIOT !!!!

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Hi,
nothing is for free ! But be aware of following facts; She is single with 2 kids, meaning: very hard for her to find somebody good and serious here. (who needs this headache ?). I can guantee you that she keeps screwing the fathers of her kids 100% !!!! and here comes the very best advise : DO NOT BE TO GOOD TO HER !!!!
In dominican spanish: TO GOOD equals IDIOT !!!!
Too good ,means DESPERATE ... and that is a " Mark" or " Soft touch" as us Old timers used to say.
ie a dude whos is meant to be exploited to the fullest, until he literally runs out of money .

And there will be MANY Tests .. like the sick Abuelitas ,and the Operations they need . you fail those , you are definitely Marked and will never get their Respect .

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Because women who are looking for WU Novios seek out those type of specific Jobs so they can Maximinze their Scam Earnings ..
I highly DOUBT she was a Waitress, or a MAID .. those women keep to themselves and do not romantically get involved with Guests .
Fair enough.
I will defer to you as the expert in this area.
You seem very sure of yourself on that one.
I will stipulate to this.

But let me tell you that in the real world here in the 🇩🇴 (you know the one outside of resorts) I have pulled plenty of waitresses out of restaurants and bartenders out of drinking establishments looking to have a good time.
And although you cannot confirm it, I can tell you that I most certain gave it to them.
Do you need to see a picture of them?
I have never stayed in a resort anywhere in the Dominican Republic.
Do you know that I actually live here in the Dominican Republic?
Strange that you have not figured this out yet .
even more strange that you think that such a question is a Troll.
Why exactly do you find it strange that I am not an expert on chicas working in resorts looking for extranjero @#$%?
You and @Gorgon to be the expert in that.
You are also our local Blue Ice Lounge expert. 🤪
Popping bottles there tonight my DR1 brother? 🍾
It is friday after all...

So I will defer to you on that.

Why wouldn't I think that someone who trolls me on a regular basis would not be doing the same thing to someone else?
You seem to only have addressed the "job type" request.
Since you are speaking for that individual.
Care to address why he needs a picture in order to help @Unit5?
its a Statistical FACT ..
Feel free to quote your reference that supports the above statement.
That is if you can...
I believe @Gorgon used to refer to the Male Dance Instuctor (Sankies) as " Fausto".
I didn't know this.
Thank you for this piece of DR1 history
It was educational.
maybe you missed that Class, or maybe that whole semester .
@Gorgon conducted classes on this?
I did indeed miss his class.
Did he really required an entire semester to get across to his students the point that you have made to me?
Cause I don't have time for it.
Not really interested in the material.
Do I need to seek out his personal instruction in order for you to consider me educated?

Did I mention before that:
1. I am not a visitor
2. I live here in the Dominican Republic
3. I have NEVER stayed in a resort in the Dominican Republic.

Why does someone need a picture in order to give @Unit5 advice?
Still waiting for you or the individual asking for the picture to answer that question.

EASTSIDE ‼️

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
In my experience, "ALL" those who feel the need to continually brag, self-promote and portray themselves as superiour are simply overcompensating. It's obvious to "everyone else" and rightfully looked down upon. Like the dudes driving jacked-up pickups or Escalades, or cheap Chinese motos with their pants saggin', driving like tools and thinking that they're impressing people LOL :p

Or, like the wine connoisseurs who only like vino from Napa Valley, or Oregon or whatever relatively small, narrow place they think is exclusive. No one is fooled. At least no one who is worth impressing ;)

If you would look just a little closer to Senor Eastside! you'd see an experienced man, a career man, educated whether self-educated or through higher learning, or both, who is using a persona here for effect. Fooled you but I suspect that that's no real accomplishment.
A fool and his money are soon parted.
This is by far the most promiscuous country I've ever stepped foot in. Not trying to self-promote but I've stepped in quite a few. It's also one of the most unsanitary. Buyer beware.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
I think we should leave Gorgon out of this....

He simply coined a term - apparently.....period

AND, he's not here to defend himself

He does not chase girls like we are talking here.
Fair enough.
I don't even know who the man is.
@jd426 threw his name out there to make a point to me.
And the subject of the thread is not "chasing girls".
No one is talking about that up in here.
The subject of the thread for those who chose to stay on it is helping @Unit5 decide if the woman he is involved in is playing him.
@Unit5 asked for the advice.
Others have chosen to thread jack for their own personal satisfaction.

Long term relationships are hard!
But I believe there are hard and fast rules you need to adhere to in order for any relationship to work.
It starts with respect.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Guys, thank you ALL so much for your feedback. There's some good feedback from the romantics and the realists!
I feel so conflicted at the moment. I need time to proc

This is beginning to sound like you all think this
is a male dominated game

Don’t be fooled
The girls are very capable of playing too… and do

Find me a female pigeon.
Not many around
They’ve been around the block more than once

Probably. I'm looking for help with my decision. It's not easy when human emotions are involved.
There is no need for a decision.
Take your time and enjoy the relationship.
There is no hurry and you will know one day if its all genuine or no.

I kissed a lot of frogs before I found my princess, enjoyed every minute and learned from each experience.
If you want to learn about someone give them all the rope they require and avoid being controlling, demanding or jealous.
Fairly soon you will know your partner's character.

One Dominican girl I dated made me suspicious about her behavior.
When I confronted her she told me "if I want to have a relationship with another man you will be the first person I tell."
" I do not sneak around or hide my behavior from anyone. "
"I am happy with you and there is no need for concern."
I was speechless, guilty and impressed with her self confidence, intelligence and honesty.
Learned something that day.

• Love
Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
A fool and his money are soon parted.
Not sure I agree with you on that brother.
Anyone can run their personal lives in anyway they wish and still maintain financial stability.
Jeff Besos made a woman the richest woman in the world and was STILL was the richest man afterwards.
WU novios are throwing out chump change in comparison.
This is by far the most promiscuous country I've ever stepped foot in. Not trying to self-promote but I've stepped in quite a few. It's also one of the most unsanitary. Buyer beware.
Not sure how you are connecting sanitation to personal and societal sexual behavior.
I have had many medical procedures in medical facilities and have do not believe the Dominican Republic is anymore unsanitary than any other place.
And not to self promote, I have had the opportunity to inspect medical facilities around the world.

Now if you are using a subtle code
You know that western attitude thing
And you want us to read between the lines of what you actually wrote...
Then I get what you are saying.
But I thought there is safety equipment you can use for that.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
It seems many carry the 'monogamous' concept around in their luggage.

That concept is not as prevalent here as elsewhere.
Once you can accept that..... life might be easier.

And as I said before, YES - $$$ plays a part in the relationship.....as it does elsewhere.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Not sure I agree with you on that brother.
Anyone can run their personal lives in anyway they wish and still maintain financial stability.
Jeff Besos made a woman the richest woman in the world and was STILL was the richest man afterwards.
WU novios are throwing out chump change in comparison.

Not sure how you are connecting sanitation to personal and societal sexual behavior.
I have had many medical procedures in medical facilities and have do not believe the Dominican Republic is anymore unsanitary than any other place.
And not to self promote, I have had the opportunity to inspect medical facilities around the world.

Now if you are using a subtle code
You know that western attitude thing
And you want us to read between the lines of what you actually wrote...
Then I get what you are saying.
But I thought there is safety equipment you can use for that.
No doubt Jeff's got that long money.
I used to have a couple of different girls I spent quality time with back when I lived in on the north coast (2013) who received Western Union money every month from guys up north. Had one here in Santiago until about a year ago. I was even lucky enough to meet a few of them in person. Nice folks. Happy days indeed.

This country is very unsanitary. It was much worse before Covid but of course hospitals are the exception.. as they should be.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
That is a understatement brother.
I used to have a couple of different girls I spent quality time with back when I lived in Charamicos (2013) who received Western Union money every month from guys up north. Had one here in Santiago until about a year ago. I was even lucky enough to meet a few of them in person. Nice folks. Happy days indeed.
You make my entire point here brother. Why do people send money? They are not here to enjoy it. Would it not be better to save all that money being sent and buy yourself a plane ticket and spend on your person of interest in person? That way your stories and mine would be much less prevalent and we wouldn't even need to have threads like this. But as long as the uninformed continue to travel here get hooked and then send money thinking they are maintaining something special and unique to them, people are going to get taken advantage of.
Now if an individual is sending money and they know the real situation (whatever that situation may be) and they accept it....everybody Dowhatchalike!
This country is very unsanitary. It was much worse before Covid but of course hospitals are the exception.. as they should be.
Copy that brother!
You will not get any disagreement on that from me. I am very careful about where I eat food that is prepared outside of my own presence. And I still cannot be sure unless I see inside of the kitchen.
When I ran afoul of the law in my country of origin, I was assigned community service. One of the assignments was to completely clean a community kitchen. DAMN! DAMN! DAMN! It was filthy. I mean we went under around and through. Moving things around and power washing everything. And when me and my fellow convicts were done the place looked and smelled different. And this was in my country of origin. I would hate to think what I would find on the same type of work detail here in 🇩🇴

Reactions: CristoRey

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
That is a understatement brother.

You make my entire point here brother. Why do people send money? They are not here to enjoy it. Would it not be better to save all that money being sent and buy yourself a plane ticket and spend on your person of interest in person? That way your stories and mine would be much less prevalent and we wouldn't even need to have threads like this. But as long as the uninformed continue to travel here get hooked and then send money thinking they are maintaining something special and unique to them, people are going to get taken advantage of.
Now if an individual is sending money and they know the real situation (whatever that situation may be) and they accept it....everybody Dowhatchalike!

Copy that brother!
You will not get any disagreement on that from me. I am very careful about where I eat food that is prepared outside of my own presence. And I still cannot be sure unless I see inside of the kitchen.
When I ran afoul of the law in my country of origin, I was assigned community service. One of the assignments was to completely clean a community kitchen. DAMN! DAMN! DAMN! It was filthy. I mean we went under around and through. Moving things around and power washing everything. And when me and my fellow convicts were done the place looked and smelled different. And this was in my country of origin. I would hate to think what I would find on the same type of work detail here in 🇩🇴
I used to tell foreign guys (when asked) if you couldn't mess with her or wouldn't mess with her back home you really should think twice before messing with her down here but then I realized it was pointless as common sense appears to be more like cryptonite to a lot of these folks.

Now a days the only gringos I speak with down here on a regular basis are the ones who post on DR1 so no ones really asking.

Northern Coast Diver

Private Scuba Guide
Feb 23, 2020
Sosua
JD, you know that ain't easy. You got to have ice in your veins. I guess it comes down to the individual and their programming, their values etc. I absolutely see your point; it's whether I can flip the switch...so much to consider. Input appreciated.
Look at it this way. Being married, has it's costs. There is no free ride in this life. Compare your cost to your "return". Only you know if it's worth the cost.

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
I used to have a couple of different girls I spent quality time with back when I lived in on the north coast (2013) who received Western Union money every month from guys up north.
Some are so prolific that Western Union has suspended their accounts.

• Wow
Reactions: CristoRey
Status
Not open for further replies.