Trial for Murder of Lindsay de Feliz

Status
Not open for further replies.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
What a farce. The judiciary is obviously not fit for purpose. I can only imagine the anguish for all involved. Got a bad feeling on this one. Been watching from afar and it's seems they might wriggle of the hook.

100% right but we all knew that long ago. It's equally bad for those who are accused though. I think most readers believe that the four accused in this case are guilty, but just imagine if they weren't. They allegedly committed the crime in December 2019, and they are still in prison awaiting the completion of their trial three years later. And three years in any Dominican prison ain't no walk in the park, they are hell holes. We have politicians accused of serious corruption who have been in prison for over a year awaiting trial and, in the case of the ex president's brother, he has now been released to be on house arrest while he keeps waiting for his trial. And we have a new prison which was built to replace an old one (which was / is one of the most scariest places in the world) and the guy in charge of the money for building it syphoned so much into his back pocket that he is also in prison himself now. So yes, the judiciary and penal system are a complete mess.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
Prisons here are no joke... pay at all cost to stay out of one... pay once the mistake happens don't argue just pay

D'Arcy (Apostropheman)

Karma, it's worth waiting for ;)
Apr 10, 2022
Here and there
It takes time for things to "trickle down", especially when those reporting here are not necessarily living in the DR or available to make the trek to the court, and have to wait for their sources to pass the info to them....and eventually to us.

I vote for patience and optimism :)

And should they somehow be freed that Karma and street justice will prevail ;)

Howeller63

Jun 17, 2017
Nothing much to report. It continues in 2 weeks, defense character witnesses scheduled to appear that day.
If you have date can you share please. I've been updating on Lindsay's page for others when I can. So many loved her and hope for justice. Thank you

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Nothing much to report. It continues in 2 weeks, defense character witnesses scheduled to appear that day.

Has the case for the defence been made yet? I just wonder what they are saying, what their defence actually is. Obviously there are going to be character witnesses saying that butter wouldn't melt in their mouths and they all go to bed with their bibles every night, but how solid is their alibi / defence / story? Or have they not got to that part yet?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Has the case for the defence been made yet? I just wonder what they are saying, what their defence actually is. Obviously there are going to be character witnesses saying that butter wouldn't melt in their mouths and they all go to bed with their bibles every night, but how solid is their alibi / defence / story? Or have they not got to that part yet?

My understanding is they’re not there yet. Starting with character witnesses first.

jd_mine

Sep 24, 2003
Maybe 2024 - It is obvious they are delaying to make people lose interest and maybe when they think everyone has drifted away they will cut a deal for time served.
Why is this in the DR's interest?
Why would they want to let this guy and his sons go?
Isn't it more in their interest to keep them in prison and throw away the key?

Also, let's hope the defense can't read English and start quoting from Lindsay's books about what a great guy this Danilo was....

Status
Not open for further replies.