elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Didn't know that you had to be signed up for twitter to click the link

here it the Quote
Une Dominicaine travaillant au Consulat
de la République Dominicaine à Miami a
été arrêtée à Miami: Expédition d'armes
et de munitions à 400 Mawozo.

Which translates to
A Dominican woman working at the Dominican Consulate in Miami was stopped in Miami... Sending arms and ammunition to 400 Mawoozo

(the gang that kidnapped the missionaries)

the clip said it "this is circulating widely) - which of course A Lot of Disinformation is..,
I did a bit of a Google in English
but it didn't show
And wondered if it had shown up in any DR media - but I suppose that there is even LESS chance of that!

Probably just photo shopped....
and Russian..

Reactions: NanSanPedro

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
USA has suspended mango importation from Haiti for fear of cholera

there was a system whereby the mangos cleared US
" customs" (ok - I don't know the official term - mangos do not have to have passports but some sort of washing and inspection)...
inside Haiti and so arrived in Florida already cleared
The Francis Mango is a treasure,,,

A prominent journalist was attacked - bullets through the roof of his car

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
The torture and assassination of president Jovenel Moïse by unknown assailants laid bare the reality in Haiti in ways that we can no longer hide. Contrary to popular belief, Haiti is not a Black country. It is a modern-day Apartheid state where a small minority of White people lord over the mass of the population who are Black.

To try to explain this any other way is intellectual malfeasance. Haiti is presented either as an example of Black rule or, in White supremacist circles, of Black people’s inability to govern. I get asked the question in polite company: “Why is Haiti ungovernable?”

The answer is that it is by design. It is set up that way. Haiti is ruled not by the Black faces who are elected. It is governed by a small cabal of oligarch families who migrated to Haiti. They are known as BAM BAM, phonetically in Creole “Gimme, Gimme.” The acronym stands for the Brandt, Acra, Madsen, Bigio, Apaid and Mevs families.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Reactions: mountainannie

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
The torture and assassination of president Jovenel Moïse by unknown assailants laid bare the reality in Haiti in ways that we can no longer hide. Contrary to popular belief, Haiti is not a Black country. It is a modern-day Apartheid state where a small minority of White people lord over the mass of the population who are Black.

To try to explain this any other way is intellectual malfeasance. Haiti is presented either as an example of Black rule or, in White supremacist circles, of Black people’s inability to govern. I get asked the question in polite company: “Why is Haiti ungovernable?”

The answer is that it is by design. It is set up that way. Haiti is ruled not by the Black faces who are elected. It is governed by a small cabal of oligarch families who migrated to Haiti. They are known as BAM BAM, phonetically in Creole “Gimme, Gimme.” The acronym stands for the Brandt, Acra, Madsen, Bigio, Apaid and Mevs families.

I despise all the "white supremacy" crap but this one actually makes a bit of sense.

Reactions: mountainannie

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
Annie and anyone else that's interested, there is a WhatsApp group that is advocating for change: DYASPORA pou CHANJMAN-1, which obviously means the Diaspora for change.
Now you were saying that you were old and there you are posting a WhatsApp group?!?!?!? I doubt that my Kreyol would be good enough. Twitter has an instant translate which is that only way that I can follow along.... Things seem to have quieted down now that it looks as if the US is Not going to invade...
Somehow the Haitians want the CORE group to sanction the "BAMBAM" group which is theoretically behind it all,

I just post that in order to impose sanctions, the US would need evidence - say someone who has UNPACKED the guns? and that should drop a tip to the ICE task force. https://www.ice.gov/news/releases/h...firearms-ammunition-smuggling-haiti-caribbean

good to hear that the diaspora Might Take Some responsibility!

Reactions: NanSanPedro

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Can you read this article-- or does a paywall block you?
The paywall blocs me and others I believe, but I have read the story elsewhere. It really sucks. Haiti exports so little and what little they do export for cash is now being taken away.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Can you read this article-- or does a paywall block you?

I can only read a couple of paragraphs. The headline confused me, should say Importing. Sounds like USA is reselling Haitian mangoes. (Yeah, I know, I can’t help it. Blame the nuns).

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
CAP-HAITIEN — Haitians mangos will likely no longer be available in the United States next year because a preclearance program for exporting mangoes from Haiti is being closed due to the “worsening challenges,” an American official said.

It’s become “impossible” for inspectors to safely work in Haiti, said Jorge Abad, the United States Department of Agriculture’s area director for Central America and the Caribbean, in a letter to Ralph Perry, president of the National Association of Exporters of Mangoes (ANEM).

“As per our phone conversation on Oct. 13, 2022, this letter is to notify ANEM that APHIS [Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service] will close the mango preclearance program in Haiti by the end of January 2023,” Abad said in the Oct. 24 missive. “We are taking this action because of worsening challenges in Haiti.”

Mangos are Haiti’s largest agricultural export, with more than $10 million in sales per year, according to a World Vision Haiti case study – “Integrating Very Poor Producers Into Value Chains Field Guide.” Over the years, demand abroad for the fruit crop and its wide availability in Haiti have prompted some to consider increasing the quantity, speed and profits by implementing digital trackers.

In recent weeks, ongoing violence in Haiti has depressed entire sectors of Haiti’s economy. Anti-government demonstrators put Haiti on lockdown since September to demand Prime Minister Ariel Henry’s resignation. They block large swaths of roadways, take part in violent protests and often loot businesses.

Meanwhile, criminal gangs financed by shadowy figures continue to block access to fuel and other necessities. The Force Revolutionary G9 gang have blocked Terminal Varreux, Port-au-Prince’s main fuel storage, since Sept. 12. As a result, water companies like Culligan have stopped operating, creating water scarcity that led to a cholera outbreak, health experts said.

A stop to mango exports, if carried out, would be yet another consequence of the lockdown.

Abad said all 10 APHIS inspectors in Haiti have been on indefinite, paid leave since Oct. 10. However, the USDA is considering reinstating the program if the situation in Haiti improves.

Some Haitians took to social media to lament the news.

“It is with a lot of sadness that I read this note,” Jean-Richard Elie, a resident of Laboule tweeted. “Do Haitian leaders know what they are doing to their country? Other countries will take over this market immediately.”

Other Haitians see it as good news for Haiti.

“Well, we don’t even have enough for us,” Frantz Etienne of Port-au-Prince commented on Facebook.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Jacky Lumarque, rector of the Université Quisqueya: “The easily adopted Resolution 2653 by the U.N. Security Council last Friday is a light bandage on a gaping wound. In what sense can the sanctions (asset freeze, travel ban and arms embargo) affect the more than 200 active gangs, which during more than four years of looting and kidnapping have accumulated substantial spoils of war, gaining their autonomy from their sponsors? They operate outside the formal sector, do not travel and do not have bank accounts. Moreover, faced with the grips of gangs on most of the territory, the survival reflex of the population tends to perpetuate a kind of insecurity economics with its products, markets, customers and suppliers, resulting in high transaction costs inaccessible to the population and which only the wealthy can absorb, exacerbating inequalities and destroying the foundations of the economy. The second resolution in preparation by Mexico and the United States for international security assistance recalls the bitter memory of past foreign interventions, whether bilateral or multinational. The dilemma for Haiti is that, faced with the lamentable state of its security apparatus today, many Haitians call for an urgent military intervention to help stop the dangerous progression of the gangs and prevent the humanitarian disaster on the horizon. But make no mistake: a military intervention cannot be a solution. The Haitian crisis goes beyond security and is at the same time social, economic, political and moral. It is the consequence of decades of bad governance, corruption, complicit relations between the authorities and the gangs, systemic social exclusion, a rent-based economic model and inept interference by the international community. It is time to think beyond the humanitarian paradigm that has always guided international aid to Haiti and approach the crisis through a technical assistance to the Haitian security forces backed by a robust program of capacity building and economic and social development. A stone’s throw from the United States, the most prosperous economy on the planet, such a challenge must be within the reach of the international community.”

Me likey!

Reactions: JD Jones