Dominican Music

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
First Dominican Woman who recorded Bachata De Amargues o Cabaretera.

Hope you have an amplifier like mine, neighbors will call la antiruidos on me...LOL

JJ
Why does it have to be played loud enough to bother neighbors?

• Wow
Reactions: bachata

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Mi Monstruo Musical!
JJ

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1655223388062.jpg
    FB_IMG_1655223388062.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 130

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
Talking about headphones, I would like to share this with you guys.
This is a collectable item, I brought years ago in country side store here in NC.
Brand new 1960s Sansui headphones high end device at that time.
It's part of my collection!

JJ

Attachments

• IMG_20220615_094736488.jpg
    IMG_20220615_094736488.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 128

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
Talking about headphones, I would like to share this with you guys.
This is a collectable item, I brought years ago in country side store here in NC.
Brand new 1960s Sansui headphones high end device at that time.
It's part of my collection!

JJ
You're a good man, bachata.

I wish I still had my Sansui rack system with the Akai 7-inch reel-to-reel.

I also miss my vinyl collection, which included first releases of Fleetwood Mac, Rondstadt, Seger, Frampton, Eagles, Joel, Browne, Meat Loaf, Santana, and others... enough to make a Tokischa fan wonder if there was life before Dembow.

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
Hey, Bachata, that's a pretty good list.

Two of them, Voy Pa' 'llá and Hoja en Blanco, are on my own list of the most influential bachata tunes.
As a matter of fact, the year that Hoja en Blanco came out, it was the most played and requested tune in Houston's radio stations.

While Aventura's Obsesión was extremely popular, I think El Torito's version of Me Voy, written by Romeo Santos, received even more airplay.
Enamorado Estoy, penned by Joe Veras for Toño Rosario, was extremely, extremely popular, and it should be on everyone's list.

Nereyda, by Raulín Rodríguez, should also be considered a standard.

While professional critics consider Juan Luis Guerra's Bachata Rosa the genre's most influential tune, I believe Antony Santos's Voy Pa' 'llá deserves all the credit for bringing bachata out of the cafetines (houses of ill repute) and orillas.

The Dominican version of "the Blues", and once considered "música de guardia" and only played in Radio Guarachita, bachata finally crossed over due to JLG and the über popular Antony Santos. But they would be the first to credit Leonardo Paniagua, Luis Segura, as well as others, for its popularity today.

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
Hey, Bachata, that's a pretty good list.

Two of them, Voy Pa' 'llá and Hoja en Blanco, are on my own list of the most influential bachata tunes.
As a matter of fact, the year that Hoja en Blanco came out, it was the most played and requested tune in Houston's radio stations.

While Aventura's Obsesión was extremely popular, I think El Torito's version of Me Voy, written by Romeo Santos, received even more airplay.
Enamorado Estoy, penned by Joe Veras for Toño Rosario, was extremely, extremely popular, and it should be on everyone's list.

Nereyda, by Raulín Rodríguez, should also be considered a standard.

While professional critics consider Juan Luis Guerra's Bachata Rosa the genre's most influential tune, I believe Antony Santos's Voy Pa' 'llá deserves all the credit for bringing bachata out of the cafetines (houses of ill repute) and orillas.

The Dominican version of "the Blues", and once considered "música de guardia" and only played in Radio Guarachita, bachata finally crossed over due to JLG and the über popular Antony Santos. But they would be the first to credit Leonardo Paniagua, Luis Segura, as well as others, for its popularity today.
You are a Bachata expert.

JJ

Reactions: Lucifer