Wander Franco searched for at homes by Dominican authorities amid disturbing allegations

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
She is of course a victim. Apparently it is still up for debate whether she is a victim of Franco, or not.
She is however a victim of her upbringing/environment/mother/herself etc ..., and that is why there are specific laws protecting minors.

She probably thinks she is cool or whatnot having sexual relationships with older men, while being a minor. Believe it or not laws can also be in place to protect minors from themselves.

This is 100 % True , in THEORY ...

In The Real World
I am going to take an educated guess that there has not been a SINGLE Under 18 year old, Male or female, in the Entire Country of the DR who has ever said
" I am not going to have sex before I turn 18...... because that is The LAW".... ( Remember , the18 person is also guilty, Same Law )

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
So, because he´s a millionaire he deserves hush-hush treatment? That's ridiculous! If you´re even remotely famous and stopped at a parada for chicharron, lots of people will report that they saw you having chicharron at a roadside stop and it will reach the news. He´s the one who should have thought, at least, about his career.
You talk like this doesn´t happen in your country...because of education?? give me a break! There are reports on mothers pimping their teenage daughters for the Superbowl. There are also powerful and rich guys like R. Kelly and Jeffrey Epstein who had been making arrangements, to have sex with underage teenagers for decades, before justice could even reach them. There´s even cases of guys who either married teenagers, adopted them or had their parents hand over the custody to them. And this is just the tip of the iceberg.
Just the opposite. Are you going to champion the cause of stopping the horrible crime of teenagers have sex? No. You are a liar.

Reactions: Big

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Be careful, Kyle! Ask for her cedula first!:rolleyes:
Cedula's are issued at age 16, so he will have to be observanT and check the date of birth. Teenagers have been having sex since the human race came into being. Put enough people in jail and you can slow down the older guys with teenagers having sex, but how do you stop teenage girls from having sex without draconian methods like chastity belts...etc. I believe that girls find out quickly the power they have over men with their bodies and like that power, plus the hormonal " hot between the legs" that many get, is an impossible urge to stop. No easy answers to this problem. Combination of poverty, cultural acceptance, inconsistent application of the laws, and poor parenting skills mean this problem isn't going to go away in the DR.

Reactions: jd426

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
I actually didn’t really understand why the topic was brought up in this thread. It’s seems very personal to Lucifer. He should bring it up in a separate thread. Interesting topic.
Whoa!
I only used that example to illustrate the so-called slippery slope arguments some of these folks use. I thought it was evident on my post.
If you thought it seemed “very personal” then I failed miserably in my attempt to communicate clearly. I have no issues allowing consenting adults engaging in amorous activities, and it doesn't affect my relationship with my better half.

Example of precendential slippery slope argument: If a school allows support dogs on campus, who's to say one can't bring a support snake or donkey on campus?
The point is that these folks are usually the ones who bring up the argument when dealing with legislature, mainly same-sex cases, but will not employ the same argument when dealing with adults and underage dating (Hah! Except with it's political: Clinton hanging out with Epstein).
They could easily use their preferred tool: If you allow a grown men to engage in sexual intercourse with a 17-year-old girl, then one could argue for sex with a 16 yo... 9, 8..., but they don't use it this case.

Then there's a super-duper rich poster who thinks we're just envious of Franco's wealth. May we say the same about them when they disparage and hate the Hollywood elite or George Soros?
Heck! I admire Keanu Reeves's treatment of his fellow humans. And he's probably wealthier than all of DR1 readership combined. Sean Penn and DeNiro are acting geniuses. They're rich, and we ain't hating them.
So that BS about being jealous of Franco's wealth is out the window.

Franco will probably go on to more fame and fortune. Good for him, but no high-five from me regarding his dating of an underage girl.

A man has to be extremely insecure in order to go after young, impressionable, and naive young girls.
Give me an adult woman or give me death.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Franco's reputation is tarnished, at least in the MLB world. And maybe rightfully so. While I do not know see these individuals as so called "victims", I do feel badly for the girl. For her mother to put her greed above the wellbeing of her daughter (physically and mentally) is something that will more than likely affect this girl in her life, good or bad.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Whoa!
I only used that example to illustrate the so-called slippery slope arguments some of these folks use. I thought it was evident on my post.
If you thought it seemed “very personal” then I failed miserably in my attempt to communicate clearly. I have no issues allowing consenting adults engaging in amorous activities, and it doesn't affect my relationship with my better half.

Example of precendential slippery slope argument: If a school allows support dogs on campus, who's to say one can't bring a support snake or donkey on campus?
The point is that these folks are usually the ones who bring up the argument when dealing with legislature, mainly same-sex cases, but will not employ the same argument when dealing with adults and underage dating (Hah! Except with it's political: Clinton hanging out with Epstein).
They could easily use their preferred tool: If you allow a grown men to engage in sexual intercourse with a 17-year-old girl, then one could argue for sex with a 16 yo... 9, 8..., but they don't use it this case.

Then there's a super-duper rich poster who thinks we're just envious of Franco's wealth. May we say the same about them when they disparage and hate the Hollywood elite or George Soros?
Heck! I admire Keanu Reeves's treatment of his fellow humans. And he's probably wealthier than all of DR1 readership combined. Sean Penn and DeNiro are acting geniuses. They're rich, and we ain't hating them.

Franco will probably go on to more fame and fortune. Good for him, but no high-five from me regarding his dating of an underage girl.

A man has to be extremely insecure in order to go after young, impressionable, and naive young girls.
sorry I struck a nerve! Sean Penn an DeNiro are not Dominican athletes. This was a young man and young woman, what they did and when they did it is not known. No force was used, and no one was assaulted or injured. Thank you for reporting your proclivities towards adult woman, whatever that means. 40s,50s 60s

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Franco's reputation is tarnished, at least in the MLB world. And maybe rightfully so. While I do not know see these individuals as so called "victims", I do feel badly for the girl. For her mother to put her greed above the wellbeing of her daughter (physically and mentally) is something that will more than likely affect this girl in her life, good or bad.
well Franco has mad athletic skills. MLB does not contract players with that much money unless they see team changing potential. Whatever league he plays in he will not starve. I will however be very surprised if this does not play out before spring training next month.

Reactions: aarhus

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Whoa!

Your posts are always entertaining. I didn’t quite understand all of it and still have no clue what the connection is between same sex marriage and this case with the young pelotero. Then again I am just a dum European. Apart from that it seems to me many same sex couples live together in the DR. Doesn’t seem like a big problem.

Reactions: jd426 and Big

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Your posts are always entertaining. I didn’t quite understand all of it and still have no clue what the connection is between same sex marriage and this case with the young pelotero. Then again I am just a dum European. Apart from that it seems to me many same sex couples live together in the DR. Doesn’t seem like a big problem.
as I indicated. People love to hate young successful flamboyant athletes. "How dare they get paid so much for hitting a ball". Most do not even follow sports until a tabloid story pops up. They are tending their vegetable gardens and jump at the chance to cheer on the downfall of someone that does not live like them.

Jan 9, 2004
well Franco has mad athletic skills. MLB does not contract players with that much money unless they see team changing potential. Whatever league he plays in he will not starve. I will however be very surprised if this does not play out before spring training next month.
I think it fair to say..................you will be very surprised then............as spring training officially begins February 22, 2024..............and there is, to quote a phrase, way too much spaghetti to untangle.

He looks to be at least gone for the season and the larger question is, will he ever play MLB again?

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Reactions: BermudaRum

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
Au contraire, enlightened European: I'm the dumb one here. Sophistication and enlightenment are the province of folks from across the pond, and poor, poor, pitiful me is just a poor ol' inconsequential, annoying, and unpleasant Dumb-minican.

It's quite evident I'm out in left field... en el jardín izquierdo.

However, I'm willing to debate MLB baseball topics, stats, trivia, history, etc... with anyone. Just remember that 50% of baseball is 95% mental.
Any takers?
That was I thought.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Au contraire, enlightened European: I'm the dumb one here. Sophistication and enlightenment are the province of folks from across the pond, and poor, poor, pitiful me is just a poor ol' inconsequential, annoying, and unpleasant Dumb-minican.

However, I'm willing to debate MLB baseball topics, stats, trivia, history, etc... with anyone. Just remember that 50% of baseball is 95% mental.
Any takers?
That was I thought.
You certainly are a lefty.

Reactions: jd426 and Lucifer

Big

Apr 24, 2019
I think it fair to say..................you will be very surprised then............as spring training officially begins February 22, 2024..............and there is, to quote a phrase, way too much spaghetti to untangle.

He looks to be at least gone for the season and the larger question is, will he ever play MLB again?

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
they already dropped some of the charges yesterday.

Big

Apr 24, 2019

Any takers?
That was I thought.
you must be talking about cricket. MLB is basically a freak show. There are only a few thousand men in the entire world that can do what they do. Even with all the training, coaching, skill and practice there is another integral component. Genetics. Hitting a MLB fast ball is one of the hardest things to do in pro sports. ..Hey why do cricket players wear those white leather leg pads? They are interesting.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
you must be talking about cricket. MLB is basically a freak show. There are only a few thousand men in the entire world that can do what they do. Even with all the training, coaching, skill and practice there is another integral component. Genetics. Hitting a MLB fast ball is one of the hardest things to do in pro sports. ..Hey why do cricket players wear those white leather leg pads? They are interesting.
The hardest thing in all of sport is hitting a round ball with a round bat.

Reactions: BermudaRum

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

It doesn't matter to MLB if all the charges are dropped. or he is found not guilty in a Dominican court. The commissioner's office will decide more importantly if he's innocent or not.
My money is on a 1 year suspension if all charges are dropped, or not guilty in a Dominican court. If found guilty of any charges, visa revoked, either way contract voided.

Jan 9, 2004

Understood. But the charges that remain are enough to possibly end his career. Unless he denies and proves he was never with her…..his career in MLB is probably over…..concurring in part with BermudaRum above.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2