I'll let the board decide the fate of this idiot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
Ban Ban Ban Ban.

I LOVE ROCKY'SSSS RIBSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. Have had the great pleasure of having the ribs a few times.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I`m not sure what you mean by "maybe even you?", Robert. I have posted here on DR1 for 6 years or more, and you have met me face to face in passing at Paco's, although I doubt you remember it.

I assure you, that I have always been ME, although once due to "technical problems", I did have to reregister and post under "GringoCArlosToo" to put up a post.

I meant attacked you, not that you created various usernames.

His banned usernames have been deleted along with their posts.

GringoCArlos

Retired Ussername
Jan 9, 2002
OK, Robert. Thank you. I am perfectly capable of defending myself, but thank you for the clarification.

I have never had any problems with any other board members. (but I cannot say that about them with me, hehe).

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
OK, Robert. Thank you. I am perfectly capable of defending myself, but thank you for the clarification.

Remember, you don't always get to see the posts. Sometimes they are quickly deleted by the moderators/myself or automatically flagged and changed to moderated status pending review.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
I know it is late at night & my brain is not functioning at its best, but could someone explain to me what our options for making a decision are??

If we decide that you (Robert/the management team) remove this guys 'Tag Line' because it is not something HE has requested or agreed to, then this would be indicate that DR1 has given in to his demands - This would be a Non Starter I would suggest as you would (quite rightly) immediately 'Poo-poo' it.

If we decide that he should be allowed to continue posting then this would immediately seen as a 'WIN' by the poster & post accordingly his usual drivel. Further, it would (if implemented) deminish the standing of the management team in the eyes of many - again, a Non Starter.

Robert has already taken action by deleting posts he thinks undesirable, putting others on to 'moderated status', so those decisions are not available to us other than to suggest that those initial decisions were incorrect (Again a Non Starter as this would deminish Robert's & the moderators' standing!).

The decision to contat the posters own IP has already been taken & we are unable to reverse that - no matter WHAT their decision to their client is.

Finally, are we able to make any unbiassed decisions as we have not seen the whole sorry saga, various posts have been deleted/put on to moderators status ............. i.e. we are basing any decision on censored/doctored points of view.
Remember, you don't always get to see the posts. Sometimes they are quickly deleted by the moderators/myself or automatically flagged and changed to moderated status pending review.

So what options for making decisions are left to us?

I think I will stick with my OWN decisions ......... to ignore those posts & posters that I find offensive, immature, unimportant (to me) or just plain abusive.

NEXT !!!!! ........ :cheeky: ;)
(What's the betting that THIS gets deleted fairly quickly???):bunny::bunny::tired:

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Presumbly the tag stops him posting in his own name if he isn't already banned? Is he banned? I'm not certain & he doesn't warrant the time it would take to check.

Maybe we should have a 'patients corner' for those who display their obsessions aggressively? Just a suggestion from Nurse Ratchet here :). Or a 'stalkers corner'. Never mind, he'll probably be too busy when his luck changes & he gets a proper job. Didn't someone say that the most insignificant people have no hope of rising in their own self esteem but only by lowering their neighbours?

J

John Evans

he must have been treated badly somewhere along the line or felt that he had been - perhaps it could have been sorted out earlier - i find if you treat people like an idiot they start behaving like one

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
This thread should be deleted.

No i dont know this person ((Steve Costa Azul)) , but i dont like this ""Spanish Inquisition"".
It just seems like an inquisition to those who have not been on the receiving end of his attacks, libel and threats.
As Robert mentioned, his posts get deleted, so you surely have not seen how extreme this dude is.
I have somewhere in the vicinity of 50 copies of various attacks, threats and libelous statements.
I will not post them here, but for anyone who has any doubts about him deserving to be called out, please feel free to PM me for some samples.
There is sufficient evidence to warrant an impedimento against him and criminal accusations.
Robert did not start this thread just for kicks.
Of all the freaks we have seen throughout the years, never has a thread such as this been started.
That in itself would give you a hint, as to how bad this case might be.
It's not about Rocky's ribs, either.
He just happens to have libeled Rocky's a few times, but that only represents a tiny portion of what he has said/done to various other posters here.

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Rat and Frog

This thread should be deleted.
No i dont know this person ((Steve Costa Azul)) , but i dont like this ""Spanish Inquisition"".
I agree.
Particularly as the inquisitor dishes out bad reputation points for disagreeing opinions...

Private wars should not be fought in public, especially when equality of arms is not given.

mountainfrog

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I agree.
Particularly as the inquisitor dishes out bad reputation points for disagreeing opinions...

Private wars should not be fought in public, especially when equality of arms is not given.

mountainfrog
He declared war.
He started it all, and he libeled people/businesses in public.
We, on the other hand have not responded in kind, as we are a bit more civil and decent.
Anyone who felt wronged by this poster could have easily libeled Stevie's business to get even.
He deserves at least that and more.
Don't tell me that you would lie down like a doormat if you came under attack.
We know you better and have seen samples of how far you will go when you were using the "Janin" sockpuppet name.
So back off a bit with playing innocent.

It just seems like an inquisition to those who have not been on the receiving end of his attacks, libel and threats.
As Robert mentioned, his posts get deleted, so you surely have not seen how extreme this dude is.
I have somewhere in the vicinity of 50 copies of various attacks, threats and libelous statements.
I will not post them here, but for anyone who has any doubts about him deserving to be called out, please feel free to PM me for some samples.
There is sufficient evidence to warrant an impedimento against him and criminal accusations.
Robert did not start this thread just for kicks.
Of all the freaks we have seen throughout the years, never has a thread such as this been started.
That in itself would give you a hint, as to how bad this case might be.
It's not about Rocky's ribs, either.
He just happens to have libeled Rocky's a few times, but that only represents a tiny portion of what he has said/done to various other posters here.

Yes you are right, i have not been attacked by this person. (Thank God) And thats why it is abit difficult to see the whole picture. But something is veeery wrong with this individual if he keep sending some of you guys this aggressive e-mails and pm`s...

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Yes you are right, i have not been attacked by this person. (Thank God) And thats why it is abit difficult to see the whole picture. But something is veeery wrong with this individual if he keep sending some of you guys this aggressive e-mails and pm`s...
That's an understatement.
Someone with a formal education in psychology, like Lambada, could likely evaluate him and come up with theories as to why he is and acts this way, but it goes over the top of my head.
I have no idea why a person would behave in that manner.

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Mr. and Mrs. Sockpuppet

... he was logged on as mountainfrog but singed as janin he was posting on his wife log in.
Correct.
My wife registered here and was banned (for whatever reason she does not know).
In some of my posts I referred to the name 'Janin' (as being my wife's account).
No secret.

As I understand other couples also have two names on this board...
Are they all sock puppets?

m'frog

Mar 2, 2008
I hope people know who they can trust and who they cannot. Rocky' s reputation is solid (and I am not referring to his reputation on DR1). He has been an intregal part of the community for many years. He has proven himself time and again through countless acts of kindness and sharing, both large and small, publicly, and privately. I truly believe there are times when you simply have to choose sides on an issue based on who you know and trust.

Most of us do not know all the facts or all the history, and I, for one, do not know the other person involved. It would be easy for me just to stay out of this thing and let it pass by. But I do know Rocky and I know if anyone were being attacked he would be the first to step in.

It is comfortable and convenient to declare one's objectivity, espouse acting solely on one's principles, and decline to take sides when someone else is under the gun. However, it is simply not the right thing to do. Rocky clearly needs our support, and I damn well think he has earned and deserves it when he is under the gun.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Correct.
My wife registered here and was banned (for whatever reason she does not know).
In some of my posts I referred to the name 'Janin' (as being my wife's account).
No secret.

As I understand other couples also have two names on this board...
Are they all sock puppets?

m'frog
I certainly never thought of Janin even once as a sockpuppet. It was clear as to who both were. I saw no attempt at deception at all.

Isn't a sockpuppet an intentional effort to hide?

As far as Steve, just ban his IP. Big deal, he uses a proxy. When it becomes clear it's him again, ban that proxy. I know a message board that has a long list of proxy's, and they are ALL banned.

Marco, you are a fine guy and have a wonderful place. Alida's family are STILL talking about the 10 lbs. of ribs you made for me. F@ck Steve and those like him. Just remember thre chorus to Ricky Nelson's song, Garden Party:

"But it's all right now, I learned my lesson well.
You see, ya can't please everyone, so ya got to please yourself"

:)

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Sometimes we get some real sad people here on DR1. Attacking other posters and registering multiple usernames etc etc. This is an email I got from one of those such posters today.

--------------

Hey Robert
Steve Costa Azul here. Take the "I love Rocky's ribs" from my posts or expect more abuse. You are losing! I am winning and enjoying it!
This must drive you nuts!
It's up to you, if you don't remove it, more abuse comes your way.
Steve

crystalclearpools@rogers.com
19 Apr 2008 02:41 PM

-------------

I'll let the board decide what we do with his tag line :)

Not for nothing, but would you do business with someone that acts like this?

Crystal Clear Pool Services - Home Page

Also, we have passed this onto Rogers, they love when their clients send email threats via their network.

I think that this is about DR1, Robert and others that provide us with DR1. Robert has asked a fairly direct question concerning this one person.

I have seen some of Stevie's posts and personal attacts on other people.

So what can we, as posters, do to help DR1 concerning this one person.

Regards, Ringo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.