What's your frustration?

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
No running water when I got to the local dance club in San Jose de las Matas, they have a gallon of water in the bathroom to wash your hands, no water in toilet tanks and a lady hands out toilet paper at the entrance to the bathroom. :ermm:

lucas08

Sep 6, 2005
1. Blackout... specially when everything is fine but right after the election... BLACKOUT!!!!

2. The way people Drive. Many turns into a street like they are in a hurry and then drives like a turtle.

3. Window cleaner on the street. Window cleaning is not a job.. it is still begging!

4. We need to wear seatbelt but goverment trucks can carry 50 people on the back of a truck almost falling out.

Reactions: greydread

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Dominicans who pi$$ and moan when we pi$$ and moan.

Gringo people pleasers who echo them.

:lick::laugh::hurt::cross-eye

Can't we all just get along?

A 20th century American philosopher

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Low moral and ethical standards of the majority when it comes to finances, ruthless business on a really amatuer level is laughable and some of these clowns actually take themselves as serious businessmen.

All the perverts who run after children.

And number two must be the dirty drunks that more or less lives in the bars and drinks warm brugal from milk glasses all day long and cry about life.

Number three is the gringos who comes here without more then 5euro in their pocket, and then want to become your new best friend.

Reactions: bienamor

wimbleton

Apr 15, 2009
why we gringos have not a site for recommendations(from experience of good mechanic,good dentist good places to visit,a record that you can pop on the internet so you can come up with quick references. etc for example place in las galeras el cabito everyone should know this place ,but i bet they dont) NOT AN AD 4 THEM,#2 plant thorny vines in front of windows to discourage and slow down the thief ,.....sorry alittl too long

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
This week...........

Waiting for the fix of "Transferring data from ads.dr1.com" which locks up my computer until the transfer times out.

(The screen does look nice with out the ads at the top ;) lol)
Robert is working on getting it fixed

t9d26v.gif

SantiagoDR

xtoclark

Jul 9, 2008
Things that ruffle my feathers:
1) Those people with a towel that "help you park" [or get in your way, depending on how you look at it.] and then demand money.

2)Customer service nearly anywhere. If not everywhere.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
I don't care if this is paradise, when I go to the bathroom in a restaurant, I want a toilet seat to sit on. Sometimes my boys don't feel like a swim before dinner.

amstellite

Bronze
Sep 5, 2007
frustration

trying to catch someone's attention at Parada Amarillo or any such eatery in Santo Domingo and when finally achieved greeted with a loud " EHHHHH??" when I try to explain what I want..what is that all about- it is very rude and a constant issue- I say something each and every time, but I find people do it all the time ..... try that here and you're likely to get a big argument . Oh and another is constantly having to check my money when I get change at a colmado, or a store or even a cambio- it must have happened to me 20 times at least where I get cheated... I catch it and go back to correct the person, -and I am ALWAYS right- but do I get an apology-?? no. Never... just a shrug... almost a game to some I seriously think.....if they get away with it with a gringo- what the heck- very unfair- but I still love the DR more than any other place on earth.......................and keep going back and pumping my dough into it....

baby bori

May 18, 2010
I dislike those guys with the towel who supposedly help you park your vehicle and say they will watch it for you then you take two steps and he's gone!!! then when you come out of that particular place they're expecting a handout I hate that!!! I also dislike shady,sneaky, arrogant guys from overthere particularly the 40's and 50's yr old guys who pay girls money to be with them and then they think they got game and good macking skills yeah right!!!

flyingfox

Sep 10, 2008
The holes in the roads! I now apparently have a permanently mis-shaped rim on my rear left axle...because although I've had puncture repairs numerous times on all wheels they can't find any other reason for the air to always be escaping slowly!