What's your frustration?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
This thread is NOT about debating etc.

Please stick to the original concept.

Post the #1 thing that personally frustrates you about the DR.
Something that directly effects you.

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
that No sense of courtesy, when waiting on lines, people just go right ahead and cut in front of you.

z90242

Aug 3, 2009
The most frustrating thing for me in this country is the Universal lack of saying "Thank you" after a purchase along with their obvious disdain that they are being bothered to wait on you. The only people who say thank you are the muchachos who receive a propina after carting groceries to your vehicle.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
I don't live there (yet). I visit frequently and have lifelong friends there and I do have a pet Dominican peeve.

The one thing that bothers me the most about the DR is the number of homeless children. There's a whole generation of young Dominicans who are learning all the wrong things and none of the right things through no fault of their own. There are a few church based oorganizations that I know of which support local orphanages but each of these can only help a couple hundred of these kids. There are thousands...

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I don't live there (yet). I visit frequently and have lifelong friends there and I do have a pet Dominican peeve.

The one thing that bothers me the most about the DR is the number of homeless children. There's a whole generation of young Dominicans who are learning all the wrong things and none of the right things through no fault of their own. There are a few church based oorganizations that I know of which support local orphanages but each of these can only help a couple hundred of these kids. There are thousands...

What would personally and directly frustrate you more?

1) Lack of electricity at times?
2) Homeless children?

Make a choice, 1 or 2, without any dialogue if that's possible.

Can you see the point I'm making? Up until now, I think only a handful have posted the "#1 frustration" that is relative to the DR, that directly effects them.

Please keep it to one liners without ANY dialogue attached.

rush

Jan 22, 2005
My Frustration

Humm, its gotta be how we openly support hookers and whore in Sosua and those white trash John's who lure young children into bed and the community does nothing about it

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org

2) Homeless children?

Unnecessary Media censorship that forces curtailment of the original argument or prosthesis. Misquoting of the original concept put forward. ~ Grahame.

Reactions: Tamborista

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
The many government leaders over the years taking out multi million dollar loans to fix the electricity problem and then stealing the $$ and never fixing the problem.
In other words the power outages.

Aug 21, 2007
Sorry to Robert, the original poster.....if something within the DR was bad enough to make my "blood boil" I certainly would find another country to live in. I can't afford a stroke.

Now, if you are talking about a pet peeve, then I would comment on the discrepancy between the "haves" and "have nots."

Lindsey

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009

2) Homeless children?

Can you see the point I'm making? Up until now, I think only a handful have posted the "#1 frustration" that is relative to the DR, that directly effects them.

#2. Homeless children is the greater frustration.

This is your business so you need electricidad to run it. But there is no shortage of power, it is just unreliable...on purpose.