Dutch Hotel Owner Murdered

Nov 25, 2008
And all of this is under the statement that the president made about crime going"down" in the Cibao.
I wonder what country he was referring to...?

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Yes,
... and thanks for pointing that out Belgiank!

What a great World we would live in if we all "closed" our eyes and made crime vanish!
Thanks to the reporters of the World, we know what the World is like outside our front doors.

Did you also shut out the news about Libya and Colonel Muammar Gaddafi?
Are you selected in what crimes you choose to hear and read about?

I prefer to have the choice to "read" what I want, and then choose what is relative to me.
You saw the title of the thread, why did you pursue it?

It was your choice, it is also everyone's choice!
I don't put people on "ignore", because I want to see all sides.
It's the only way one can really make an intelligent choice.

Sorry, Belgiank

All of you guys open up an internet newspaper site of your country or state, and publish all the crimes you find in there on this post...

I know I would be quite busy to do this for Belgium. Mind you, this is a national newspaper site (HLN home) and only reports the major stuff, nothing simple like a pimp killing a hooker, or so...

- bloodbath in Liege. Some weaponfreak threw granates in a crowd. 5 dead already, amongst which a baby of 17 months
- passenger throws non-paying customer of train
- fistfight at the end of basketball match
- goalkeeper takes bite out of face of rival

Well, it was a quiet day. After all, they were still recuperating from the weekend.

Another interesting article in that newspaper. One out of every 45 children in the US is homeless. Or 1.6 million children over there are living on the streets. Not pointing a finger at the US, I am sure this is the same in most countries, and probably a lot of them are worse.

My point is that this kind of news is much more important, and deserves much more attention.

Sorry, DonP

wakefrank

Jan 28, 2008
So what is the word..

everbody back to topic...

Who is this, I'm Dutch and wondering if i know him or not.. what hotel does he own??

Hope to get some USEFULL posts

Thanks
Frank

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I understand he had just returned from a visit to the US, he was back one day or so in DR. Doesn't sound like a random killing to me.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Update from a Dutch Source

Somebody who knew the man well called me and confirmed that the man owned a hotel in the Netherlands and a house in Cos?n near Las Terrenas as well as the one where he was murdered near Santiago.
The source is not aware of an ownership of a hotel in this country.

donP

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
donP does all foreigners with an interest in the DR a service by posting these events.

Mar 1, 2009
Maybe we could hire blackwater to begin tracking and eliminating all the violent perpetrators. With a two year contract, it would get very messy. I didn't really read much about the deceased.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
The "Austriches"on DR!

Some here like to bury their head in the sand,other than face the daily fact that we live in a dangerous,lawless,corrupt country!
Others will always try to compare the DR's troubles with what happens in "Other" countries,trying to compare "Apples with Oranges"!
Like when someone tells a guy his wife is screwing two guys next door,he responds that three houses down,the guys wife is screwing 4 or 5 guys!
Doesn't SOLVE HIS PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When will you realize that the DR's problems,are THE DR's PROBLEMS?????????????????????
Put all the "Lipstick" on the "DR PIG" you want to Pichardo,and "OTHERS", it's still a PIG!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
like donP i always start reading newspapers from gruesome news. nothing else of interest ever happens here. if you sieve murders and drugs out of peridicos you are only left with booooooring politics and even more bOOOOOOOring economy. who wants to read that, eh?

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I understand he had just returned from a visit to the US, he was back one day or so in DR. Doesn't sound like a random killing to me.
These kinds of crimes are rarely random.

I remember Miami in the 70's-80's during the Colombian Cowboys era. Lot's of violent crime, rarely, rarely random.

Often folks stick their noses where maybe they shouldn't...

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
donP does all foreigners with an interest in the DR a service by posting these events.

The problem is that Donp never report when the crime is solved. 90% of his crimes has a dark story behind. Would not surprise me that this is one of those.
Someone who owns several hotels and villas and nobody in the industry know him. doesnt sound very strange?

todobien

Jul 20, 2008
Perhaps Robert would consider another Forum, similar to the "Off Topic" one for "Crime in the D.R." .

With the Forum "Visible' only to those with 500 or more posts for example.

Just like where I live in the States, I like to know what's happening in my neighborhood.
For those ex-pat's that like to know what's happening locally, I think it's great!

In the States, many local news papers and/or on-line reporting have a section of what crimes were reported in the "local" area the night before.

So, the reporting of crimes by DonP is nothing new, rather he's up-to-date on the same type of reporting done in the States. In some local reporting in the States it's called "Police Blotter", etc. If those articles were not popular and welcomed by the readers, they would not have their own little section to report them.

Don't quote me on this, but from what I understand, similar reporting is done here on a Santiago radio station. My wife had told me in the past that I should listen to a certain station in the morning to know what was going on.

Basically, DonP provides similar English reporting, which is great for those that have difficulty listening to the news in Spanish.

Don

I always start the day reading the local news section here in Tampa... I call it the "who got shot" section. A thread just on recent crime is not a bad idea.

Bartolomeo67

Mar 18, 2004
Wow, I am absolutely shocked to read that Joop Den Dulk has been murdered.
Just 6 weeks ago, we got acquainted when we sat next to one another on the flight from Santo Domingo to Brussels.

I didn't know him before but he came across as a real nice guy.
He gave me his business cards: one from his 'Apartments Sabrina' in Santiago Urb Don Francisco where he was killed, and another from his hotel 'Hotel Sabrina' in Las Terrenas, apparently run by his daughter Sabrina.
I believe he and his wife had another hotel in the Netherlands.

Condolences to his family and friends.
Bartolomeo

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Reading between the lines

Someone who owns several hotels and villas and nobody in the industry know him. doesnt sound very strange?

Only to somebody who cannot read or wants to twist the facts.
People DO know him and he is said to have been a nice guy.

donP