What do you dislike (if anything) in the DR?

justdoit

May 3, 2011
Mike posted a great thread: "People always ask me why I like the DR"? I am curious of your opinion on what you don't like in DR, either as a (partial) resident or tourist?

Maybe the better question/thread would be "DR would be the perfect place if?"

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i will round up quickly the things i like about DR: miesposo, my cats, my dogs. anything else i dislike.

justdoit

May 3, 2011
i will round up quickly the things i like about DR: miesposo, my cats, my dogs. anything else i dislike.
That's funny! So if you can keep your wife, cats and dogs and make everything else disappear (especially people...) life would be perfect... In my opinion that applies anywhere not only DR...

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Peoples ignorance of the outside world. Peoples lack of interest in their own country (mainly younger gen). Supermarkets are expensive. Foreigners who have lived here 15 years and yet struggle with the language yet claim to know everything. Conversations with foreigners about the girls here, boring! Not many individuals, a nation of sheep. Young men with crap jobs but better cars than me. Lack of dignity throughout a certain younger generation. Dr1ers who get excited when an ex pat dies and start running around claiming we are all gonna die. Foreigners generalizing of natives. Police force in all areas are clowns. Salary. Flight costs. Electricity. Beetroot is expensive. I think beer should be cheaper. Peanuts are very expensive. Petrol is expensive. Beds are expensive. Quality clothing is expensive. Adidas is expensive.

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
This is far from paradise. I hate that racism by many dominicans is very obvious, that they think New York is its own country, the garbage everywhere, the lack of education, that employees at playero are always in the way when you are trying to shop, people steal electricity and nothing is done about it, how dominicans claim to be so religious yet many steal, lie and cheat on their spouse, the way dominicans have no clue how to drive...the corruption is good and bad. This is taken mostly from a view of Sosua not the entire island.

Lucian

Jan 25, 2008
The noise. The constant incessant honking of horns in Santo Domingo. The earsplittingly loud music in the clubs.

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
Peoples ignorance of the outside world. Peoples lack of interest in their own country (mainly younger gen). Supermarkets are expensive. Foreigners who have lived here 15 years and yet struggle with the language yet claim to know everything. Conversations with foreigners about the girls here, boring! Not many individuals, a nation of sheep. Young men with crap jobs but better cars than me. Lack of dignity throughout a certain younger generation. Dr1ers who get excited when an ex pat dies and start running around claiming we are all gonna die. Foreigners generalizing of natives. Police force in all areas are clowns. Salary. Flight costs. Electricity. Beetroot is expensive. I think beer should be cheaper. Peanuts are very expensive. Petrol is expensive. Beds are expensive. Quality clothing is expensive. Adidas is expensive.

Other than the DR1ers stuff and I don't know what Beetroot is....you could be talking about Toronto.....

FritoBandito

Bronze
Dec 19, 2009
that they think New York is its own country.[/QUOTE]

You mean it isn't ???????? LOL.....If I had a peso for every NY Yankees hat or piece of clothing that had New York on it I've seen in the DR, I'd have more money than the owners of Presidente and Brugal combined!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TOOBER_SDQ

Bronze
Nov 19, 2008
This is far from paradise. I hate that racism by many dominicans is very obvious, that they think New York is its own country, the garbage everywhere, the lack of education, that employees at playero are always in the way when you are trying to shop, people steal electricity and nothing is done about it, how dominicans claim to be so religious yet many steal, lie and cheat on their spouse, the way dominicans have no clue how to drive...the corruption is good and bad. This is taken mostly from a view of Sosua not the entire island.

I dislike the insects and when people, mostly expats refer to the Dominican Republic as an "Island"...