Jolly Roger Sosua is burned

Status
Not open for further replies.

aname4me

Jun 18, 2011
I walked by the Jolly Roger (about 8:30am). There were two fire trucks, and lots of people.
The inside is charred, the tables and chairs crudely piled outside in a big heap, but the roof was still intact

jmnorr

Nov 22, 2012
OMG IT IS TRUE and it appears to be intentional according to police. We are good friends with Patty and Kelly and are going to see what we can do...they have always supported anyone in need now it is time we all step up to the plate. More news after our visit with the family at Jolly Roger.

Me_again

Bronze
Nov 21, 2004
Wow! We were going to sup there last night but changed our minds and went to the Britt instead.

wbr

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Every business and gringo home should have high quality cameras record 24/7, saved to the internet. What is the best internet service for this?

I hope they catch the bastard!

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
OMG IT IS TRUE and it appears to be intentional according to police. More news after our visit with the family at Jolly Roger.

Who's saying it was intentional and why? I've been in there recently but don't remember, do they serve food?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Who's saying it was intentional and why? I've been in there recently but don't remember, do they serve food?

Yes they served food. The article mentions that they think the fire started in the kitchen. The article did not mention arson as far as I could tell, just an unknown cause.

Translation from Detras del Rumor :

Sosua.- In the early morning hours of today the violent flames of a fire were reduced to ashes the facilities of a bar in the heart of the tourist sector El Batey, Sosua Municipality.

The local bar which housed the Jolly Roger, located in the calle Pedro Clisante, next to the College Luis Gess, its interior was completely destroyed, including its furnishings, without that so far have been unable to determine the causes of the disaster.

According to witnesses consulted the fire start from the kitchen, to that of the 7:20 AM this Monday, appearing quickly at the scene several units of the Fire Department in this city, who had been able to avoid the fire will spread to other establishments.

The place were presented in addition to the firefighters, different authorities, such as the Cestur, National Police, DNI, among ot
hers.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
What a terrible shame, I have eaten there several times in the last few weeks. Let's just hope it wasn't arson.

Aug 21, 2007
So sad to see this happen to a successful local business that had a healthy number of clients on any given day. Perhaps client loyalty should begin collecting contributions for a rebuild. I would contribute.

Lindsey

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I saw this reported on the "Everything Cabarete" FB page this morning, here's what the post said - sounds like more than an accident:

"Well, it looks as if a certain person made good on his threat before he skipped town. That person made threats and tried hiring someone to burn down the Jolly Roger. This morning it appears the bar was set fire and is a total loss. Patty and Kelly have been such great friends and I can't imagine anyone wanting to try and hurt them. Thank goodness nobody was physically hurt. I hope that catch the racist, bigoted a$$hole that did this."

Status
Not open for further replies.