SOSUA - not safety any more?

smoky

Jul 6, 2005
To all members here in the forum whom are living on the north coast (Sosua-Cabarete):
I heard rumors in the street now. But nobody will tell details or say it loud.
-Last week just on one day they have stolen 5 cars in Sosua.
-La Mulata start getting visitors by night again. Burglars are active again.
-Lomas Mironas: dominican thiefs have killed a haitian watchman (strangulated)when they deinstall an inversor
Problem on most webpages: they have a lot of promotion from real estate agents. And specially this clients don't like this to be published. Would be great to get details.
:glasses:

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Malibook said:
I usually visit Sosua when I go to the Dominican Republic but now I will never go there again.

It's a good thing I don't live there or I would have to move.

Thanks Smoky.

If the thunder don't get you, then the lightning will!

May 31, 2005
There is crime everywhere. You can't move or stop going somewhere just because you hear that some robberies have taken place. You will be moving all the time.

ggn420

Brain Doner
Apr 21, 2005
Malibook said:
I usually visit Sosua when I go to the Dominican Republic but now I will never go there again.

Thanks Smoky.
Me toooooo

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
People have also been known to die from cancer and heart attacks in Sosua. If you feel you are at risk from cancer or heart attacks you should avoid Sosua entirely.

In fact you should move to the planet Vikodin where I hear people worry alot less about heart attacks and cancer.

hifiman

Jul 13, 2005
MrMike said:
People have also been known to die from cancer and heart attacks in Sosua. If you feel you are at risk from cancer or heart attacks you should avoid Sosua entirely.

In fact you should move to the planet Vikodin where I hear people worry alot less about heart attacks and cancer.

Don't forget all the problems that you will have from too many presidentes.It can be deadly

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Geez Smoky, they're all out to get us hey! and no-one understands. Strangulated by deinstalling an inversor... where am I - I'm sure MrMike and I are reading the same books, so, I must at least be on the planet Titan...

between this post and your other post, let me give you some good information. There is this other site... they love publishing this stuff with no real information - yellow kinda journalism - under the guise of 'doing good' and 'helping people'. Perhaps you should look for this other site... drdumb.com... They will just love your kind of information! Let me tell you what I hear on the streets - our countrymen are laughing their (uhm, how do I say arses ) butts off! Now you be real careful out there - they're out to get you!

THE GAME

Jul 13, 2005
www.nydailynews.com
Chris said:
Geez Smoky, they're all out to get us hey! and no-one understands. Strangulated by deinstalling an inversor... where am I - I'm sure MrMike and I are reading the same books, so, I must at least be on the planet Titan...

between this post and your other post, let me give you some good information. There is this other site... they love publishing this stuff with no real information - yellow kinda journalism - under the guise of 'doing good' and 'helping people'. Perhaps you should look for this other site... drdumb.com... They will just love your kind of information! Let me tell you what I hear on the streets - our countrymen are laughing their (uhm, how do I say arses ) butts off! Now you be real careful out there - they're out to get you!

when you get robbed then you'll remember Smoky.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
THE GAME said:
when you get robbed then you'll remember Smoky.

Listen Buddy, I've been robbed plenty. And I don't need to remember Smoky... But passing on rumors does not cut it with me. Somehow the information has to be more, uhm, real! If these things are happening in Sosua, believe me, no-one will keep quiet.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I'm old, slow moving and an easy target and I've never worried about being in Sosua even when I've walked alone!

Knock on wood. :nervous:

ggn420

Brain Doner
Apr 21, 2005
I don't beleive this is new information for Sosua, they have had a history of high crime as well as the Capital.
Sooooo in Rio, Brazil.....tourism is down 30% due to the high rate of mugging and robberies of the tourists.
Sooooo in the US, crime rate is up 30% in the big cities, so it looks like pretty soon we will have no place left to go. I yiyi

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Malibook said:

Thanks Smoky.
You've got to be kidding...
Check this dude's profile.
Half his posts are about robberies.
He's obsessed.
http://dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41532
I guess Juan Dolio is on his hit list as well, as a matter of fact, he probably can't find anyplace on Earth, where there is no crime, so his glass will always be half empty, living in fear, setting himself up to be a crime victim.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Rocky said:
You've got to be kidding...
Check this dude's profile.
Half his posts are about robberies.
He's obsessed.
I don't believe he's obsessed. He has a total of 13 posts on two threads. The first thread is about two hotel employees that were robbing guests. In that thread he was looking for others that might have been victims at that hotel.

The second thread (this one) is basically as follows:

"I heard rumors in the street now ...Would be great to get details."​
It doesn't seem like he is trying to spread rumors (as another poster implied); he's looking for answers.

Part of the problem with this poster is that is English is not very good and sometimes his point does not get through.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
The op is correct. There is crime in Sosua. Only thing is that there has always been crime in Sosua. He acts as if he has just discovered the cure for Cancer. Can someone please point out to me where in this world there ISN'T crime? Well Maybe Greenland which by the way isn't really green but it is too damn cold to commit crimes.

Just to let you all know, and please remember you heard it from me, there will continue to be crime in Sosua!

Always take precautions but when your time is up it is probably up anyway so say goodbye with a smile like I plan on!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
The ONLY "Crime" In Sosua Is That I Don't Live There!

Just spent the 4 day "4th.Of July Weekend" there and never once thought about "Crime"! Never heard any,saw any,and had my usual great time!! I think that Sosua is the best kept "secret" on the North Shore!
Guess you haven't started your day with a "Bacon,eggs,toast,juice,and coffee at "Rocky's.Visited the "Coastal" gas station to visit with "Greg",picked mangos off the tree at "Escott's" "Conuco",Beach/pool time in the afternoon,"Drinks at Rocky's,dinner at "Bailey's",with "DESERT" from many of the young pretty "Vendedoras" selling their wares in the clubs,bars,and street corners of "Soaua By Night"!

"Sosua",Best Time You Can Have With Your Clothes ON,OR OFF"! ;)

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC