SOSUA - not safety any more?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Gringo said:
Anna is it true that you have a 9MM fixed in to the end of your cane?

Gringo

You promised you would never tell. :cross-eye

Even with no gun I can give a good wack across the head as they walk away. :laugh:

ElPuma

Jun 28, 2005
"I have always said that the DR is a place where sometimes you have to stick your chest out and be macho and sometimes you have to swallow your pride and keep a low profile. The trick is figuring out when to do which."

good advise!!!!!!

smoky

Jul 6, 2005
@escott:
ok big words- you like to buy? a company, pharma distribution, excl. rights on interesting products. I hope you have medical knowledge, spanish is ok to make business with dominicans and you are willing to handle a few dom. employees.
Than you can have all licenses and a clinic for just 180.000 ?uro But for shure now you will tell me you can make it your own way and cheaper. Than don?t talk, show it. More and more we are drifting away from the thema.
But so far I understand: no crime in Sosua, I just try to scare people. And all places are dangerous. And when I ask after the next storm: how is the situation in Sosua after the hurrican passed...everybody will tell me: hey windy it is all over the world.
it?s better to close here.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
smoky said:
@escott:
ok big words- you like to buy? a company, pharma distribution, excl. rights on interesting products. I hope you have medical knowledge, spanish is ok to make business with dominicans and you are willing to handle a few dom. employees.
Than you can have all licenses and a clinic for just 180.000 ?uro But for shure now you will tell me you can make it your own way and cheaper. Than don?t talk, show it. More and more we are drifting away from the thema.
But so far I understand: no crime in Sosua, I just try to scare people. And all places are dangerous. And when I ask after the next storm: how is the situation in Sosua after the hurrican passed...everybody will tell me: hey windy it is all over the world.
it?s better to close here.
I was kinda hoping for real estate. I have no medical knowledge or expertise. Maybe we can find someone here interested and in the field to purchase it from you.

I didn't say there isn't crime in Sosua. I said that there always was crime and always will be crime. You make like you just discovered the cure for Cancer the way you post about crime.

Escott

Gabriela

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
Escott said:
Ummm... Other than their lives? What is your point?

Escott

My point is that when you are living in poverty, 5000 pesos (my inflation adjustment of the old 50 peso price) is worth the risk. I notice that the white community is increasingly afraid of the Haitians. This is silly. A poor Dominican has just as little to lose as a poor Haitian. When you have nothing material to lose, life is cheap--even the criminal's. That's my point. In a country where everything has a price, even life, no one is safe. Don't get too rich, Escott. You'll spend all of your money protecting your rich ***.

I can't believe they edited out a**, or a*s. Will bum get though?

Who's running this board, the DAR? (Daughters of the American Revolution, a notoriously prim and proper American group)

Your old pal,
Gabby

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Come to santiago, there has never been a crime commited in this valley. No hookers here and no petty people. It would be a crime not to move here.
AZB (living in crime free zone)

smoky

Jul 6, 2005
Yes, SAntiago....
I?m looking too for a house, next to the mountains (Gurabo).
Crime is everywhere and to Escott:
I came into this forum because a friend recommend me this site to post about the robbery in Juan Dolio. And like I said: it was successfull, thanks a comment from Mirador. The other posting about crime here in Sosua: I?m really scared that something starts in Sosua. It happened 2 years ago - also from La Mulata.
And when you loose a friend ... maybe you understand my question.
And when we look now what happen in Egypt and Sharm el sheik, in London....
we are really safety over here. Turkei... and here no bombs at all.
And I?m quiet shure: outside the tourist -zone I will have a better life

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I was living in Sosua 2 years ago and was not aware of anything happening, nor was anything brought to my attention via dr1.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
smoky said:
Yes, SAntiago....
I?m looking too for a house, next to the mountains (Gurabo).
Crime is everywhere and to Escott:
I came into this forum because a friend recommend me this site to post about the robbery in Juan Dolio. And like I said: it was successfull, thanks a comment from Mirador. The other posting about crime here in Sosua: I?m really scared that something starts in Sosua. It happened 2 years ago - also from La Mulata.
And when you loose a friend ... maybe you understand my question.
And when we look now what happen in Egypt and Sharm el sheik, in London....
we are really safety over here. Turkei... and here no bombs at all.
And I?m quiet shure: outside the tourist -zone I will have a better life
I wish you luck where ever you go. I hope you like Santiago!

You brought up an incident in Caribbean Hills that happened many years ago. Chris on this board moved into that house and has since lived in two others after that incident. Same with La Mulatta. Ancient history.

Not arguing that crime happens here at all. It happens every day except when it rains because these criminals are softies and wont go out in the rain.

It just isn't anything like you try to portray but go live in Santiago, have a long life and enjoy. I am sure that AZB wouldnt steer you wrong, if he says NO CRIME IN SANTIAGO I am sure that you can take that to the bank.

Escott

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Gabriela said:
I can't believe they edited out a**, or a*s. Will bum get though?

Who's running this board, the DAR? (Daughters of the American Revolution, a notoriously prim and proper American group)

Your old pal,
Gabby

It happens automatically.

Some people have problems expressing themselves intelligently, so we like to torture them a little.

Gabriela

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
Some people?

Robert said:
It happens automatically.

Some people have problems expressing themselves intelligently, so we like to torture them a little.

As my father used to say (and I think he stole it from someone famous):
I love humanity; it's just people I can't stand.

Question: Where is La Mulatta
buenos noches,
Gabby

Simon & Nicky

Bronze
Feb 3, 2004
www.simon-hall.co.uk
Bunkered down

Sorry I've not posted for a while but I've been defending my house from would-be assailants every night. I sleep with my sawn-off tucked under the pillow while baby Daisy keeps a 9mm and can of mace tucked down her jim-jams.

I've been pretty well briefed on the "murders" in La Mulata, and not wishing to gloss over every incident MOST of the time there is an explaination that runs much deeper so; don't come to La Mulata if:

You have been accused of molesting children
You have an un-diagnosed heart condition
You are an armed guard with a drinking problem and a short temper
You are German and have a "score" to settle with a neighbour

There are other cases and different stories - I am not writing this note to offend anyone, sometimes tragedy can stike right out-of-the-blue, but it must alays be taken in perspective.

I live in La Mulata, there are armed guards and dogs roaming around at night and I am far more worried about that than I am about a would-be thief. Accidents can (and do) happen.

I would not change my house for the world. Many of our guests are surprised by the beauty of La Mulata and it's surrounds - In my opinion, now that the area is developed, there can never be anything as lovely as here in La Mulata.

Simon