Your favorite dominican food.

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
My favorite dominican food is Habichuelas Con Dulce and right about now I can swim across the the ocean for some authentic DR habichuelas con dulce.

What is your favorite?

Last edited:

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
There is a woman in Los Altos de los Jaliscos (Sosua) that makes a sancocho to DIE for. Every time I come, she makes this special treat for me. I love love love it. I try, and can't come close to the same taste.

Me encanta asopao de pollo, ensalada de aguacate, y pescado con coco. My husband's pescado con coco is truly amazing.

macocael

Bronze
Aug 3, 2004
www.darkhorseimages.com
chuletas frescas, yucca con cebolla, maduros, y ensalada de aguacate y tomate.

Failing that I will take my mother in laws Pastel de Yucca, which is sort of a domincan version of a shephard's pie or Chicken pot pie, but instead of a pastry top or potatoes you cream the yucca. Delicious.

mariel

Dominisueca
Apr 7, 2004
as simple as it might sound

arroz blanco, habichuelas rojas y chuleta frita
yucca fritters i can make here :)

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Definitely Dominican!

yasmin said:
Moro de guandules con chuleta ahumada y ensalada de aguacate.
mmmmmmmmmmm
yasmin

I've place on my table several different types of meat, all delicious, and the typical Dominican will invariably go for the smoked pork chops.

-

yasmin

Jun 16, 2005
I'm not dominican, but I love the food so much I learned to cook it all and I love it!!

A.J.

Jan 2, 2002
Riki Taki
Sandwich de Pierna
Arroz con habichuelas
berenguena
Ensalada Rusa
Pollo Al Carbon con Wasakaca
Moro
Pollo guisado
etc.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
My serious answer:

Lambi guisado
Camarones al coco
Arroz blanco
Tostones
Guandules con coco
Chen chen
Pastelon de berenjenas
Pudin de pan
Dulce de coco horneado
Pan de coco (Samana style)

It's nearly time for lunch and don't I know it!

macocael

Bronze
Aug 3, 2004
www.darkhorseimages.com
Ah, that is it pastelon de Yucca, I believe, not Pastel de Yucca. I get confused. marvelous dish. But I am just about to sit down to eat my favorite: chuletas, maduros, yucca con cebolla, y aguacate. Que rico.

Postre: Coco Tierno. uau!

So when are we going to start trading recipes? if you like I will kick it off with a recipe for homemade sazon.

DRPAWA

Sep 3, 2004
Locrio con masita de serdo, abichuelas, platano maduro, aguacate y un caldito!

Ah! I'm dying here in this cold mid-town Manhattan day and you people make me think of this! Shame on all of you.

Charlielyn

Bronze
Jul 31, 2005
I go to the DR for flan. Finally got a Dominivan recipe and made it here in Canada. Not good for the waistline though, and I'm trying to lose weight right now.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
DRPAWA said:
Ah! I'm dying here in this cold mid-town Manhattan day and you people make me think of this! Shame on all of you.

hahaha...I'm in Canada - who do you think is in a better position to find great Dominican food right now? I'm thinking your chances are slightly better! I'm dying here, too. My husband is making un locrio de puerco tonight, so I'll be okay soon.