Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Rooster Help/Advice

I have gotten woken every morning for the last 10 days at about 4:30 am by a rooster with strep throaat and a terrible crowing just below my window. He or she or it doesn't stop until it is light out and then moves to a new location.

I have tried ear plugs, closing my windows, covering my ears with pillows - nothing works.

I'm a bear without my good night's sleep.

Any suggestions, advice, help would be much appreciated.

Oh and I saw the culprit and he's a biggie!

Thanks.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

How about making a soup out of him?? That would keep him quiet for loooong.
    I feel your pain, I went through the same thing but with a mocking bird back in NC. It lasted 2.5 months, and I become a zombie because of the lack of sleep. The strange thing is, you can fire cannons under my window, I can still sleep....He was started his songs 1:30-2:00 AM until 5-6 AM. I was seriously thinking to kill the bastard with my shotgun-even if I have to spend few days in jail for discharging weapon within city limits ( a stupid law in Charlotte, NC).
    Least I could SLEEP a bit. Instead of a shotgun I ended his life with a high end air-rifle that I purchased for the sole reason to kill the SOB.
    Even though I'm a hunter, I don't like to kill things that I won't eat.
    So again, it's time to think about your Sunday lunch. Believe me, no matter how old is that bastard, it will be one of the best meal that you had.

The Hun

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default agreed

pressure cooker will take care of the old age tough problem.Then add a few egg noodles, and yum. Oh over mashed potatos.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheHun View Post
    How about making a soup out of him?? That would keep him quiet for loooong.
    I feel your pain, I went through the same thing but with a mocking bird back in NC. It lasted 2.5 months, and I become a zombie because of the lack of sleep. The strange thing is, you can fire cannons under my window, I can still sleep....He was started his songs 1:30-2:00 AM until 5-6 AM. I was seriously thinking to kill the bastard with my shotgun-even if I have to spend few days in jail for discharging weapon within city limits ( a stupid law in Charlotte, NC).
    Least I could SLEEP a bit. Instead of a shotgun I ended his life with a high end air-rifle that I purchased for the sole reason to kill the SOB.
    Even though I'm a hunter, I don't like to kill things that I won't eat.
    So again, it's time to think about your Sunday lunch. Believe me, no matter how old is that bastard, it will be one of the best meal that you had.

The Hun
    Ha ha, I needed a laugh this morning and that cracked me up!

Sorry animal lovers but tooooooooooo funny!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

All very good suggestions, but you know the very best way to get your beauty sleep, don't you?!?

Chicken soup with rice is nice, but tequila is quicker and more effective.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Yea I say trap the sucker and cook him. Just make sure if it belongs to a neighbor, that neighbor doesn't see or hear that it was you.

I have Parrots...I know how you feel...lol

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder what attracts the rooster to your window every morning....? Reminds me of a problem we had at our house one year in Najayo Beach [San Cristobal] - this woodpecker took up home in the coconut palm tree right outside our bedroom window. knock, knock, knock, knock. I was ready to shoot the bird. [It ended up damaging the tree and we cut it down the following year - never saw the woodpecker again.] All of this was after the roosters had crowed several times, the cows were mooing, the damned dogs that sleep all day barked all night - and one morning I told my husband I could swear I heard pigs oinking. He listened for a moment and said I was right. Add the motorbikes that were zooming up and down the road beginning at dawn. I bet the people who live there don't hear any of it.

Every time I see "My Cousin Vinny" I laugh when he can't sleep, because it reminds me of DR that year.

Anyway, have you talked to your neighbors? Is the rooster bothering the whole neighborhood, or is your house his 'special place'? I'd be helpless with this problem because I'm a city girl, but my husband would be cooking pollo guisado in no time.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

While I'd love to cook the rooster's goose so to speak, it belongs to my neighbor across the street; and I'm not the onlyone who hears it but it's loudest by my window! And it's old and big and would probably be tough...so I need alternate ideas, like what kind of poison to use that won't hurt the dogs or ducks or cats; or what kind of bebe (?) gun I could use and where I could purchase it. More like that!

Thanks for all the responses so far - and empathy and sympathy!

Regards
    Ro

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

There was a rampage of Cocks in Cofresi in 1997/98 they put a peso on the end of them and now I understand you'll hard'ley hear a cok adoo do.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast